Coronado springs

We are staying at Coronado Springs in Dec for 5 nights. It has been a long time since we stayed their last. Any words of advice from those who have stayed there?

Casitas section.

We just stayed at Coronado a few weeks ago. We were in Casita 5. Any of the Casita bldgs are good. The bus depot is a short walk across the parking lot. Our Casita was a little further than I think 1-3 but it wasnt bad at all. The walk to the pool wasnt bad either. That depot is the first to be picked up and the first to be dropped off. A big plus. Also, the Coronado is the closest depot to grab the bus to go back to the resort at Magic Kingdom.

Coronado’s renovated rooms are nice. The beds are queen size and very comfy. The food options - I wasnt crazy about. The Pepper Market can get pricey. And the Rix’s counter service had a lot to be desired. We never ate at the regular sit down restaurant they have. The pool was great. The lifeguards were very attentive, especially watching the kids on the slide. DS really liked the slide and the pool itself was big. No problem getting a lounge chair.

I would stay at Coronado again, but I would make sure to have a plan for eatting outside the resort. Breakfest for 2 adults and a 7 year old at Pepper Market was $42. I thought that was ridiculous. Normally it is about $25 at the counter service at Mara’s (AKL).

I also agree with Casitas section.

I like the Cabana’s. I also suggest to plan your meals at other places.

We do actually plan to have all of our table service meals at other places. Is nobody a fan of the Pepper Market (counter service on the meal plan)?:ohmy:

I like the Pepper Market, but it has gotten a bit pricey. If you’re on the dinning plan then it really doesn’t matter for the price but more for taste.

We didn’t eat any meals at CSR last time we stayed there. This time we’ll be trying breakfast and dinner at Maya Grill.
Not really planning to try the counter places, but usually we never do anyway.

We stayed at CSR last September and will be staying there again in 7 days…

We love the resort, it has a healthclub with is a plus for DH (the only moderate with a health club ). We really enjoyed the pepper market the food was very good.

And my favorite part are the grounds, I take a morning walk (of course to get my coffee), but the grounds are so pretty and relaxing.

I really didn’t enjoy staying at POR.

I trust you all but I do have a question when I look at the map. Why the Casitas? The Cabanas (Buildings 8A, 8B, 9A, 9B) look to be a better location in terms of the pool and front entrance. Just asking?:huh:

[QUOTE=dac921;993536]

And my favorite part are the grounds, I take a morning walk (of course to get my coffee), but the grounds are so pretty and relaxing.[/QUOTE]

Coffee? Grounds? I smell something brewing.

You can’t go wrong where ever you stay at CSR. We stayed in the Ranchos and it is a nice walk over to El Centro. It is a little farther but we enjoyed the walk. Although my wife was a little freaked out walking past the small patch of woods from the pool back to the room at night. Of course I didn’t help telling her it was full of snakes and gators LOL.

[QUOTE=skwak;993434]We are staying at Coronado Springs in Dec for 5 nights. It has been a long time since we stayed their last. Any words of advice from those who have stayed there?[/QUOTE]Check out this link.

http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/content/suggestions.htm

[QUOTE=buzz2001;993670]Check out this link.

http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/content/suggestions.htm[/QUOTE]

Thank you, Great Link!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;993547]Coffee? Grounds? I smell something brewing.[/QUOTE

Ha ha. … I get it.

We stayed there last year and were in Casitas 1, it was fairly close to the restaraunt and such, but a bit of a walk to the pool. We didn’t mind, as others have said, the grounds are beautiful, very peaceful.

I agreee w/ the others some of the food is so, so.The breakfast buffet was good.
We also stayed at Casitas, way too far of a walk to/from the main pool, but it was a nice walk to the main buildings.