Cost of a princess dress?

I’ve heard from many different sources that bringing a princess dress to BBB saves a lot of money. My DD-6 has had pretty much all the dresses from wal-mart at one point, but has outgrown or worn out all of them. I would like to get her a dress that is of higher quality than the ones sold at wal-mart or our local party store. However, when I look at the disney store online or on ebay, it seems that the quality dresses cost between $50-$75. I’m willing to spend that much if that is what it takes, but is that really going to save me money over just buying when we get there? DD wants to be Belle (my favorite too!!), about how much to Belle dresses cost at WDW?

Thanks!!

We were just looking at the dresses yesterday - $64.95 for Belle.

I know that the Disney store near me has some in now and they always go on sale at one point. I would check them out if you have a store near you- they have some newer styles. If you get them on sale you might save some money, but if not- it would probably be the same as buying it at BBB.

Our Disney Store has a new Belle that is soooo cute- it looked like it was a short dress instead of a long ball gown. Looked much more comfortable!!

Here’s one on Etsy, that is handmade for about $40. I have it saved in my favorites: Etsy :: CarolinaCreationsToo :: The Belle of the Ball Tulle Skirt/Corset Set Custom size 18/24m-6

It’s a steal for a handmade princess dress. It is beautiful!

My daughter did BBB when we were there in January and they hooked me for the whole tab - dress, shoes, tiara(s), wand, hair extensions, etc. But totally worth it for the joy in her face! Anywho… Later in the week we were at one of the outlet malls and the Disney outlet store there had last years dresses for $20. Now, being the dumb dad that I am, I couldn’t tell the difference. My 7 y/o DD says hers is MUCH better, but… :confused:

In any event, if you have time, the outlet mall across from DTD has a fantastic outlet store that had dresses.

Hmm, did you buy one? :laugh:

I’ve always purchased our dresses at home and brought them with us. Actually the Cinderella dress I got a few years ago was so cute that we had many people at the Magic Kingdom ask us where we found it. This year I found a Snow White dress on clearance at a local store after Halloween. It’s beautiful, not the Disney dress, but has a homemade look and an overlay sparkle skirt - very cute. I also found a Belle dress on clearance at a toy store that we will be bringing for youngest DD this year.

I’d say try to find a dress at home and save the money to put towards the BBB and let her buy all the shoes and accessories.
But if it’s a headache to find a suitable dress at home, just go for the Disney dress while you’re there and let the princess splurge!:laugh:

[QUOTE=Kahri79;933329]I’ve heard from many different sources that bringing a princess dress to BBB saves a lot of money. My DD-6 has had pretty much all the dresses from wal-mart at one point, but has outgrown or worn out all of them. I would like to get her a dress that is of higher quality than the ones sold at wal-mart or our local party store. However, when I look at the disney store online or on ebay, it seems that the quality dresses cost between $50-$75. I’m willing to spend that much if that is what it takes, but is that really going to save me money over just buying when we get there? DD wants to be Belle (my favorite too!!), about how much to Belle dresses cost at WDW?

Thanks!![/QUOTE]

The Disney Store offers nice dresses for $39.50…those are the ones we buy. (and I always buy them on sale!!!) The quality of those dresses matches or surpasses the quality of the dresses bought at WDW.

Try ebay, if you don’t want to spend a lot of $$.

I was considering buying one for Emily for her wedding.:laugh: (Update: I checked in the DTD Store today and I made a mistake the yellow Belle is $59.95, the red Belle was $45.95. It was the ultra Cinderella that was $64.95

Thank you so much for getting those prices for me!! You’re awesome.

You’re welcome!:happy: And thank you.:happy:

We’ve picked up dresses either from Disney Outlet or after Halloween sales. We’ve never paid full price and have saved as much as 80% of the ticketed price.

Last fall, I bought my 8yo a Giselle gown for $19.99 and a summer Belle gown for $9.