Cost of the Photopass CD

The cost of the photopass CD is going up from $129.95 to $149.95 on June 16th. So preorder yours soon.

Sorry if this has been posted already.

Thanks for the heads up on this, Brandon. Do you know if there is an expiration on the pre-order? Can I order it now and wait until February 2010 to redeem it?

Sorry i am not sure of the answer to this question. I tried too see if it said anywhere but i couldn’t find an expiration date.

Does anyone know if the CD can be copied by those who purchase it? Or is is protected?

I can be copied. I always make a back up disk of mine.

yep i always make a back-up

I was wondering also if they expire, how long can you wait until you get one, If I paid today would it still be good in February?

I just went through this about two months ago! NOOOOO!!! Do not preorder now for February! In order to claim your pre-order you must use a code that they give you once you have paid. That code is only good for about 60 - 90 days! They will not re-issue you a new code! I will search for a thread post I did on this subject and then post it! Hang in there… I will find it!

As for the DVC points issue, she said that this code is mailed to anyone who has "allowed" emails from Disney regarding their upcoming stay. IMO it is all just tooooooo much conflicting information! There is nothing (that I found) stating that when you purchase the photopass you only have 90 days to upload and order from it! The code was a Disney Visa code, had nothing to do with Disney Destinations either! Long story short... don't order the photopass more than 90 days in advance! Thanks for all of the feedback on this, it saved me from being taken for $85!"~~~~

If you want to read the entire thread check this out!  There was so much info that was conflicting but I think this was the ultimate outcome!!!    Good luck!

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/mouse-trap/50708-photo-pass-promo.html

[QUOTE=bransworld;966742]The cost of the photopass CD is going up from $129.95 to $149.95 on June 16th. So preorder yours soon.

Sorry if this has been posted already.[/QUOTE]

I read somewhere that the $ 99. price for the pre-order won’t change. Weird huh?

B, if you get a Photopass CD for December you better believe I am going to jump into all your Photopass pictures and do something embarrassing. :laugh:

“And here’s a photo of us in front of the castle with the Christmas Lights. That Girl picking her nose? Yeah, I have no idea who that is!”

:tongue:

Is the Photopass option any better than just snapping off your own pics? Not trying to raise a rukus, but i actually get annoyed when the photopass police nab me coming into the parks.

I’m sure they can get some decently set up pics IE: with you hugging with the castle behind, you but is it worth $99, $109, or $149?

I bought a new Canon Powershot and 2 16mb SD/HC memory cards and i plan to snap off fistfulls of pics and videos in September.

I know it’s all about making $$ and Disney isn’t immune from it, i just don’t get the photopass option unless of course you are totally against taking your own photos.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;986866]B, if you get a Photopass CD for December you better believe I am going to jump into all your Photopass pictures and do something embarrassing. :laugh:

“And here’s a photo of us in front of the castle with the Christmas Lights. That Girl picking her nose? Yeah, I have no idea who that is!”

:tongue:[/QUOTE]

I have never purchased the photopass cd. I posted this back in June just as an FYI.

[QUOTE=bosoxx65;986901]Is the Photopass option any better than just snapping off your own pics? Not trying to raise a rukus, but i actually get annoyed when the photopass police nab me coming into the parks.

I’m sure they can get some decently set up pics IE: with you hugging with the castle behind, you but is it worth $99, $109, or $149?

I bought a new Canon Powershot and 2 16mb SD/HC memory cards and i plan to snap off fistfulls of pics and videos in September.

I know it’s all about making $$ and Disney isn’t immune from it, i just don’t get the photopass option unless of course you are totally against taking your own photos.[/QUOTE]

I have never purchased the CD but some friends of mine did last year on a trip we took together. And the pictures were great. Especially when they set you up so that you are holding tinkerbell in the picture or when they add other characters and stuff to the pictures. They look great.

oh, i have no doubt Brandon. I think you have the cash to burn there’s absolutely nothing wrong with it.

I was just curious how many people have bypassed the Photopass option and took their own pics and were disappointed?

Sandy has binders and binders of Disney pics over the years and she’s more than satisfied.

I have pre-purchased the CD this will make our third CD… I ordered it early enough where I am only paying $89 for the CD - last CD we had over 500 photos they sent me 2 CDs

I’ve gotten them a couple of times, and frankly some of the photos are pretty lame snap shots. With digital there is no excuse for not taking a second to look at the shot for things like eyes open, smiles, etc.

I’m not expecting portrait sitting results but better than pictures DW takes. “Who the heck is that? Don’t know…there’s no head.” :laugh:

I don’t know that they are better, when we get the PhotoPass we also take our own. We usually take 400-500 pics ourselves. The PhotoPass is nice for castle shots at night and photos in the waterparks. DW and I have a nice one of us at TL just as a wave is crashing into us. We never would have gotten that ourselves.

I really hope you meant 16GB not 16MB. :confused:

We’ve done trips with and without photpass options and some of teh pictures have been terrific! I also like what you can do to the pictures after you get home! I am a scrapbooker and the options are fun! There really is no need to do photopass, but it’s a great option if you want to take advantage! We ALWAYS take our own photos too, but this allows us all to be in pictures without bothering someone else to take the photo!

If you get a good discount code it is terrific! Anyone have a current one?

I have to agree with that. We’ve gotten our fair share of fuzzy out-of-focus, too dark, badly framed, too high ISO, etc. shots. Most of our Photopass pictures have been excellent but I’ve always been surprised at the amount of duds.