Cost Room for one night

we decided to come down one night early this way we can take our time… i went online and found a room at the pop for $85.00 i just went on to book it and it is up to $95.00 in one day… we just need one night until we check into akl on the 10th why do think the jump ion one day…

You may want to call and reserve. I hear so many comments about Disney’s on line services, that I rarely use them for fear that I will run into problems. Always much more comfortable speaking with a person. Maybe they can honor the $85, or have an explanation why it went up.

Several times that we have driven, when we had gotten to our rest stop hotel in Georgia, dh will say he’s still good, so we continue on. Every time, he makes it all the way to Disney, so I’m calling about an hour out asking which resort has an open studio. Last time it was Pop, and we paid $95 for it. Very cute resort. Very clean and fun.

[QUOTE=bethishooked;1081486]You may want to call and reserve. I hear so many comments about Disney’s on line services, that I rarely use them for fear that I will run into problems. Always much more comfortable speaking with a person. Maybe they can honor the $85, or have an explanation why it went up.

Several times that we have driven, when we had gotten to our rest stop hotel in Georgia, dh will say he’s still good, so we continue on. Every time, he makes it all the way to Disney, so I’m calling about an hour out asking which resort has an open studio. Last time it was Pop, and we paid $95 for it. Very cute resort. Very clean and fun.[/QUOTE]

i just called and now it is $107 for the night i reserved it with a seven day hold… it just seems weird… we are going to look and see what down town disney has… we just want a bed ,pool and a food court until we check in akl…

That is just plain crazy!!!

I was talking to a co-worker who was complaining about checking in on 8/26 and could not get the meal plan for free until 8/28 so he is calling his BIL and staying there, shopping at DTD on the 27th and checking in at 8am on teh 28th. He says that if it were a couple years ago, they most likely would have given it to him.

Check Holiday Inn Sunspree right out the DTD Gate area. We needed the same earlier this month since we arrived a day early and got the Allears rate of $69 for 2 queens. 1 King/4 bunk beds were $89 + kids ate dinner and b’fast free at Applebees on-site. The resort is equal to Disney standards imo.

Wrong post, sorrry!!!

Wrong post, sorrry!!!

Wrong post, sorrry!!!

Wrong post, sorrry!!!

LOL. Sorry guuys, WRONG POST!!! LOL.

check MouseSavers.com for discounts at DTD hotels. They really have some good deals. For instance, they are offering the Royal Plaza at $79.00 per night through Sept. We stayed there one night before our cruise and it was a really nice place.

thanks i will check.

i think 107 from 85 is a little crazy when i called and asked they told me they must of had some kind of special promotion that was sold out. I asked what it was and why i could not get it she did not have an answer… we really wanted to stay at pop for the one night… we like the food court and planned on just chilling out for the evening… but $107 is just to much…

Have you checked through Priceline? I never thought I would see rooms there but low and behold . . .

[QUOTE=cubsblue;1081596]Have you checked through Priceline? I never thought I would see rooms there but low and behold . . .[/QUO I just did room for $88 but are they legit do they have alot of charges.

Permit countdown timer it looks like you’re staying at animal Kingdom Lodge. Are you staying in jambo house or kadini village?

Have you considered renting points for the additional night? It may well be only slightly more expensive than paying cash and staying at a value resort.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1081661]Permit countdown timer it looks like you’re staying at animal Kingdom Lodge. Are you staying in jambo house or kadini village?

Have you considered renting points for the additional night? It may well be only slightly more expensive than paying cash and staying at a value resort.[/QUOTE]

i have no idea how to do that… we are staying at the main hotel. not the villas

Jambo House (main hotel) has both hotel and DVC units. It looks like a value view DVC studio room at Jambo is 12 points for 9/9 or 16 for a savanah view. Most people rent points at $10-12 so it would be $120-144 value or $160-192 savanah. No hotel tax to add 11% on top either.

And if you were staying in a dvc studio with same view you can even link the reservations together and not have to move.

Just a thought…

We came down one day early two weeks ago and stayed at the Orlando Vista Hotel which is the “Pineapple Hotel” right outside the Downtown Disney gate area (across from McDonald’s). It’s decent enough for one night and it only cost us $65 including taxes and fees with the AAA discount. I believe it’s about $5 more with no discount. Nothing fancy yet still a nice enough room. I’ve definitely stayed there before when it was a Doubletree years ago.

Definetly call, I have had occasions where online availability is gone but when you call the deal is still available and on two occasions I got an even better deal!!!