Costumes

Can anyone tell me for sure what the age cut-off is for being allowed into the parks dressed up? A friend is going & wants to know if her duaghter will be allowed to dress up as cinderella. She is 11 years old & looks about that age, not younger.

There really isn’t an age cut off. As long as she doesn’t go around saying, “I’m Cinderella,” taking pics with guest or doing things like that, she’ll be fine

I never knew that they had anything about an age cut off for dressing up, so if its not 11 is there an age?:mickey:

Christina

All it says on the website is that adults aren’t allowed to dress up to look like characters, but I don’t consider a 11 year old an adult. Ive seen teens wandering around in costume.

Ok thanks guys, I will let her know.

From What I remember when I was a park greeter in Hollywood Studios, our guidelines did not include an age cut off. If a fully grown man wanted to dress like Peter Pan, We didn’t stop him unless he was violating the dress code, and as long as he didn’t look too much like the real Peter Pan.

Kids shouldn’t ever have this problem. You don’t see too many 11 year olds who look like the official “friends of characters”. I would say if they were more mature and it would be reasonable for guests to get them confused with the characters, then it would be time to stop dressing like one unless it was obvious that the costume isn’t exactly the same.

[QUOTE=Vashthechibi;1057195]From What I remember when I was a park greeter in Hollywood Studios, our guidelines did not include an age cut off. If a fully grown man wanted to dress like Peter Pan, We didn’t stop him unless he was violating the dress code, and as long as he didn’t look too much like the real Peter Pan.

Kids shouldn’t ever have this problem. You don’t see too many 11 year olds who look like the official “friends of characters”. I would say if they were more mature and it would be reasonable for guests to get them confused with the characters, then it would be time to stop dressing like one unless it was obvious that the costume isn’t exactly the same.[/QUOTE]

Wow I am surprised at your comments? I would have thought that (sadly) in this day and age it would be a risk to let an adult into the park dressed convincingly as a character? I know that 99% of the time the intention would probably be innocent, but then there are always those that have an ulterior motive. I was always under the impression that this was not allowed for that very reason.