Couldn't believe my eyes

We took a cab to Contemporary on Christmas Day for dinner at California Grill (and boy, was it good!) and it was already getting dark when we got to the Contempo lot. And as we were driving slowly by BLT, I could swear there was a room on the 4th floor or so, overlooking the Contempo parking lot, that was completely finished! Drapes hung, lights on, the whole works. It looked really odd, to be the only working room in a building under contruction like that. I wish I had taken a picture.

I think it must be a sample room or something. Maybe something they set up to show potential members or to photograph, perhaps?

That is odd. You are probally right…probally a show room.

We saw that last month when we were walking back from MK. We thought the same as you. There’s so much to do yet though. I wonder how they’re going to keep that room clean? Take the pictures, then the heck with it?

I am so glad you saw it too!

What if it is a place for the job foreman to use, or the hotel manager, or something like that? HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE? To live there all alone for a few months?

… or would it be spooky?

I just wanna see it!

I want to stay in it!:laugh:

lol! don’t worry you’ll get a chance sooner or later. lol!

I hope so!

We saw it from a distance too (didn’t get a tour or anything)!

We’ll I must be crazier then you all . . . cuz when we were on the ferry coming from the TTC . . . I could have sworn there were MULTIPLE rooms with drapes in them??? :blink:

I remember thinking “How odd, it’s not done and they hung curtains? They are going to be all dusty!”

:laugh::laugh::blush:

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;920509]We’ll I must be crazier then you all . . . cuz when we were on the ferry coming from the TTC . . . I could have sworn there were MULTIPLE rooms with drapes in them??? :blink:

I remember thinking “How odd, it’s not done and they hung curtains? They are going to be all dusty!”

:laugh::laugh::blush:[/QUOTE]

Yup, I’m with you, I thought I saw quite a few rooms with drapes and other things inside.

Maybe they are finishing some of the rooms as they go? That way they don’t have to do all the beds/drapes/furniture/etc at once?

Its probably for pictures and tours for investors etc to show how it’ll look in the end or to give an idea on decorating and all that jazz! Id love to get a closer look!

I was checking out the room as I was riding the monorail last night.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;920309]We took a cab to Contemporary on Christmas Day for dinner at California Grill (and boy, was it good!) and it was already getting dark when we got to the Contempo lot. And as we were driving slowly by BLT, I could swear there was a room on the 4th floor or so, overlooking the Contempo parking lot, that was completely finished! Drapes hung, lights on, the whole works. It looked really odd, to be the only working room in a building under contruction like that. I wish I had taken a picture.

I think it must be a sample room or something. Maybe something they set up to show potential members or to photograph, perhaps?[/QUOTE]

I snuck in early. :laugh:

Mooned DDoll last night. :eek: That will teach her to peak!!!

Sample rooms they are. I understand that CMs have seen them but not open to the public yet. They have model at SSR - it’s pretty cool. Walk down one hallway and in you’re in AKV but open the next door and you’ve been magicly transported to BLT.

I also visited the SSR display rooms while there last month. However I would be willing to bet that the rooms that you saw in the BLT are not not going to be shown to the general public, interested buyers, or anyone NOT in the actual construction of the building because of the enormous liability factor of having non construction workers parading or looking around a posted “Hard Hat” construction site. A site safety officer would go ballistic at the mere thought of that scenario. I work in the construction industry on buildings of that size and I speak from experience. They are VERY strict on safety issues. It is all mandated by the insurance companies. They will be off limits until the building is turned over to Disney.