Counter Service at AK

Does anyone have a counter service lunch suggestion for the AK? How are Tusker House and the Flametree Barbecue?

I don’t know how those two restaurants are. We have eaten at Yak & Yeti counter service on their opening day and thought it was really good.

Flame Tree is good…we like the barbeque pork sandwich!

Tusker house isn’t a CS anymore.:crying: We really loved it as a CS. It’s now a TS buffet.

When we were there in August, we ate at the Yak and Yeti counter service. It was really good. There are very few counter service restaurants at WDW that I WANT to return to, but it is one of them.

I don’t really care for any CS in AK for one simple reason: NONE OF THEM ARE AIR CONDITIONED!!

Sure this might not be a problem deep in winter but most of the time, it tends to be Africa hot in Central Florida.
This is what keeps me from eating at Flame Tree.

We like Restaurantosaurus. It has a great fixen bar.

Restaurantosaurus - Counter Service at Disney’s Animal Kingdom

Flametree is great. I got the ribs and Mom got the chicken. Both very tender. There’s a lot of little hide away picnic areas to eat that is enjoyable when it’s not hot (we were there in April), but I can see a lot of people avoiding it when it’s hot and sticky.

they also have a picnic in the park option where you order your sandwiches,wraps, and sides and then pick it up a lunchtime. I have never tried it but the options look yummy.

[QUOTE=Caseys Corner;995296]We like Restaurantosaurus. It has a great fixen bar.

Restaurantosaurus - Counter Service at Disney’s Animal Kingdom[/QUOTE]

I agree - I rarely see anyone else mention it - but we think it has excellent cheeseburgers and the fixins’ bar is super (especially when they have the spicy chili relish). I’m not a huge burger fan, but this one place we always eat at AK. And everyone needs a fix of McDonalds Fries every now and then. Also - the place is huge, so it’s easy to find a table.

I really love Flame Tree BBQ but Yak and Yeti is on my list for next year. I think I’ve finally gotten over the name.

I would recommend trying the Picnic in the park option as well, we have planned to do it when we are there in 20 Days (woohoo)!

Well, none of them are air conditioned except:

I forgot about that one.

Last April was unseasonably cool. As in “jacket weather” in the early part of the month.

Like Soundgod, I never eat CS at AK. I always head over the Rainforest and eat in the air condition…lol

Flametree BBQ is our meal for AK - we’ve never done TS there. We like the seating up in area surrounded by trees. The annoying birds - we could do without. :glare:

We have eaten at both Flame tree and Yak & Yeti for counter service. DH prefers Flametree while I really enjoyed Yak & Yeti. Both are good choices.

I always forget about Restaurantasaurus!

[QUOTE=lovemysons;995353]
I always forget about Restaurantasaurus![/QUOTE]
That’s because it’s pretty much the AK version of Electric Umbrella or Pecos Bill.

[QUOTE=lovemysons;995353]We have eaten at both Flame tree and Yak & Yeti for counter service. DH prefers Flametree while I really enjoyed Yak & Yeti. Both are good choices.

I always forget about Restaurantasaurus![/QUOTE]

We have not tried the Yak & Yeti counter service, next time!

We do really like the Flametree BBQ. That BBQ Chicken salad is so refreshing on a warm day. It’s nice to sit in the shaded areas, if it’s not Africa hot:laugh:

We try to limit the burgers also but this is a must do. It gets very crowded so we have an early lunch.

Oh.:blow:

:laugh: