Counter Service at the MK

Hey guys!

Tomorrow my oldest daughter, my boyfriend, his daughter and I will be going to the MK. My BF and his daughter are definitely newbies at the MK and WDW in general.

Is there a restaurant that you would suggest would be a great place to eat? My BF is considers himself a Foodie and his daughter is sort of a picky (but very cute) eater. :mickey:

My daughter and I are down with whatever.

Oh, this is for lunch. We are eating dinner off site in Orlando.

We always take lunch in Liberty Tree Tavern as we love their Pot Roast! Also the Columbia House is nice too for a light lunch. You know I’m struggling to think of anywhere else we eat? I’m sure others will have far better suggestions!

Yes, what Dixie says. I don’t know about Tony’s as we haven’t yet tried it, we have ADRs for our upcoming trip, but it looks yummy:) I’m not sure that any of the places at MK are real foodie type places though.

I don’t think they are Foodie places, either - but I usually just go to Peco’s Bills! :laugh:

I just wondered if there was a place that was impressive.

Thanks, Dixie!! :slight_smile: The Columbia House might be just right!

[QUOTE=Erin;1094386]I don’t think they are Foodie places, either - but I usually just go to Peco’s Bills! :laugh:

I just wondered if there was a place that was impressive.[/QUOTE]

Pecos Bills! mmmmmm It just seems that we eat there when we are starving so everything tastes so good!:laugh:

It is yummy there!!

Now that I have this lapband, I can’t eat anything there anyway! :laugh:

It’s a whole different experience, now!

Just a thought, what about going to one of the Monorail resorts? Lots of options there too;)

and

would be my picks for CS as well…

Peppertink - We love Capt’n Cooke’s!! It’s my favorite…

PapaBear - Thanks! :slight_smile:

Columbia House. I know my dad has to be careful with bread products and his band, but the tuna sandwhich is really good. Just kick the bread to the side.

And go upstairs and try to find a window seat. They look over both Fantasy and Frontier lands.

Yeah, I can forget any form of bread. It’s just not going to happen. I really don’t even want to eat a sandwhich. I’m lookin up the menus now. I’m hoping for something yummy in the form of soup. :slight_smile:

The window seat advice is PERFECT. Thanks Rich!

So he is a foodie…Take him to the noodle station (if it is open) and tell him that this is as bad as it gets.

(as a fellow foodie I find most all Disney QS very disappointing…my expectation is very low which makes it tolerable to consume…If you can get into Liberty Tree that is a major step up…someday take your special man to a resort for dinner --or EPCOT–…your choices there for a foodie are much better)

((not trying to be snooty or offend anyone but my food standards are pretty high and Disney’s food standards use to be much higher but they have been moving in a disappointing direction the past few years))

[QUOTE=tigger;1094401]So he is a foodie…Take him to the noodle station (if it is open) and tell him that this is as bad as it gets.

[/QUOTE]

I was gonna say basically the same thing. BLECH! That was the worst food we’ve ever had at WDW!

Is that place even open?? LOL!

We went to the Food and Wine Festival last weekend and we had a great time. :slight_smile: He mostly enjoys it because I take a bite of something and I’m done, so he gets what he ordered and most of mine, too!

I can’t remember everything we tried (I have a list at home) but LEAST favorite was the lobster roll. My MOST favorite was something from Argentina. LOL

[QUOTE=Erin;1094405]Is that place even open?? LOL!

We went to the Food and Wine Festival last weekend and we had a great time. :slight_smile: He mostly enjoys it because I take a bite of something and I’m done, so he gets what he ordered and most of mine, too!

I can’t remember everything we tried (I have a list at home) but LEAST favorite was the lobster roll. My MOST favorite was something from Argentina. LOL[/QUOTE]

I take it you won’t be challenging me to a turkey leg eating contest anytime soon…

And the answer is no. :slight_smile:

I WIN BY DEFAULT!

(I am the champion my friends…du du du…and I’ll keep on fighting to the end…da da da…I am the champion/I am the champion…of the woooorrrrllllld)

Tigger wins! :d