Counter Service Dining Plan

Does anyone know what the cost per person is for the counter service dining plan? I know that it consists of 2 counter service meals and 2 snacks per day but I’m having a hard time finding the cost on the WDW website.

Heres a link with all the prices and options:
Walt Disney World Vacation Packages

I was just checking into this myself. $29.99 per Adult per night and $8.99 per Child (< 9) per night. (This plan also includes a Refillable Resort Mug per person in your party as well!)

I think it’s a good deal. That is what I am doing for my trip next month. If you do the math, you are definately saving. CS meal is at least $10 and you get two, so $20…then two snacks…that’s at least $4 each…so $8 now we are at $28…add in the mug for $12…so $40 total. So minimal of $10 savings, but if you add up the free drinks you are getting on the refills etc from the mug, this is a bargain.

Over the last few trips, my DD and started doing less and less tables…I end up sick from most buffets, so they are out too. For The birthday trip next month, we are only doing maybe three tables and one of them is breakfast at Crystal palace for her actual birthday. The counter service plan just makes more sense for us…we are not foodies and food is just something we have to do and not really part of the trip for us anymore. My other reason is I am SICK of rushing from the park or stopping my day to get to an ADR on time. It adds a certain pressure to the trip that makes it hard to be spontaneous and just smell the roses if we feel like it. I just booked our favorites and that is it.

I agree with Dana, this seems to be a good deal for those of you who don’t want to make ADRs and don’t want the food part of a day to interrupt things.

[QUOTE=Dana;920895]I think it’s a good deal. That is what I am doing for my trip next month. If you do the math, you are definately saving. CS meal is at least $10 and you get two, so $20…then two snacks…that’s at least $4 each…so $8 now we are at $28…add in the mug for $12…so $40 total. So minimal of $10 savings, but if you add up the free drinks you are getting on the refills etc from the mug, this is a bargain.

Over the last few trips, my DD and started doing less and less tables…I end up sick from most buffets, so they are out too. For The birthday trip next month, we are only doing maybe three tables and one of them is breakfast at Crystal palace for her actual birthday. The counter service plan just makes more sense for us…we are not foodies and food is just something we have to do and not really part of the trip for us anymore. My other reason is I am SICK of rushing from the park or stopping my day to get to an ADR on time. It adds a certain pressure to the trip that makes it hard to be spontaneous and just smell the roses if we feel like it. I just booked our favorites and that is it.[/QUOTE]

That’s exactly why we’re doing the counter servcie plan. To much time wasted on the table service plan.

hee…funny, I go because of some of the restaurants, travel to resorts and then the parks.
I am happy they are making an effort to make that dining plan something for everyone

We our also testing this out in April.

[QUOTE=Dopey;920921]hee…funny, I go because of some of the restaurants, travel to resorts and then the parks.
I am happy they are making an effort to make that dining plan something for everyone[/QUOTE]

Very true. For some people the table service dining is part of the disney experience for them. As they say, different strokes for different folks.:heart:

If I can piggy back in this thread…

What are your favorite counter service restaurants?

I didnt realise there was just a CS plan as we did the Free dining plan last year and loved it. However, we did like the TS part as it gave us the nudge to try many different places that we might of shied away from prior to this- whichever you choose its a great plan.

This is a great plan.

I enjoy one or two nice meals each trip, but having to eat out every night just gets too much. The best trip I ever had was when my dd and I went on the spur of the moment. We ate only at counterservice - not only did it save money and time, we tried out some places we’d never eaten at before.

[QUOTE=AmandaM88;920961]If I can piggy back in this thread…

What are your favorite counter service restaurants?[/QUOTE]

Magic Kingdom:
Starlight Rays

MGM:
Backlot Express
ABC

AK:
Tusker house
Flame tree BBQ

Epcot:
Sunshine Seasons.

last time we went to see my cp dd. we ate counter service mostly… by the time the trip was over i didn’t want another french fry for months… we ended up making adrs last minute for Mexico and cp… this time i will make the ADRs and we are doing the dining plan…

Oh, but there’s so much more to counter service than french fries. When we were there last month, I only had ff twice. Don’t get me wrong, I love ff, but I can get them here at home so I choose meals without the fries. Now I’m hungry. Guess I better go make dinner.:happy:

Oh my goodness, you don’t need to eat frenchfries. At the Boulangerie Bakery in France you can have a baguette with cheese and fruit, a croissant with ham and cheese, you can have orange chicken and rice in China, at Columbia Harbour House the tuna sandwich is amazing. There are wraps, and salads - all sorts of things.

Don’t forget about Sunshine seasons in the Land…no fries in sight. :heart: