Counter Service Meals

We have 5 days to go and we will be at WDW!!!

This is a first to eat on WDW since DW got us in on the “free Dining Plan”. She did her homework in April and booked us for all of the Dinners and Breakfasts that our 4 year old would enjoy as well as Hoop-De-Doo and a meal at the Castle to boot.

The Snacks I think we can handle but the Counter Service meals we want to get the most from.

Any ideas or favorites you would recommend for the 4 theme parks? We do like Cosmic Rays…just not for 8 days in a row.

Ho Ho Ho…5 days to go and soon only 101 until Christmas!

We like Casey’s Corner in MK (Hot dogs - yum!)
We mostly eat at Cosmic Rays as well

Epcot - Sunshine Seasons in the Land . . . something for everyone and really good.

HS-we eat at ABC or Starring Rolls for breakfast (good muffins)

AK- Restaurantosaurus in DinoLand . . . it’s a McDonalds in disguise! (altho I did hear rumors they were changing the burgers) The nice thing about it, is there are a lot of tables and it’s got A/C!

here are my favorites

MK - Peco bills cosmic rays or Columbia house
AK- Flame tree or Pizza safari ( havent tried Yak and Yeti yet)
DHS - sorry dont like counter service here

I love Epcot the most for counter services because there are some many choices

EPCOT- Sunshine season fair in the land , Mexican cantina in Mexico , Lotus blossom cafe ( china ) , Japans counter service , Morrocos counter service

DTD Wolfgang pucks or Earl of Sandwhich

not sure which resort your staying at but my favorite food court which is counter service is POP Century its the best …

AK - I like flame tree, but you are eating out side. Which is great, but if it’s rainy and windy, then I go to pizzafari. (think that’s the name)

HS - I’d just use a few snack credits there. Although I’ve never eaten at pizza planet, mostly because every time we have gone by it was a zoo.

EPCOT- sunshine seasons, china, mexico

MK - columbia harbor house (or as you said Cosmic rays)

HS-pizza planet, my children loved it, I wasn’t impressed but they were thrilled. we’ve been on both of our trips.
Ep-we ate burgers and chicken fingers in America, we ate there several times
Poly-we loved counter service at Captain Jacks
We didn’t eat at a counter service in MK , we ate at Flame tree bbq in Ak and were not impressed

We do Cosmic Rays every time. My 2DD’s love that place. Once when I wasnt on the DDP they shared the Chicken and Ribs combo because Megan loves chicken and Madison wanted to the ribs.
We also love Pizza Planet. there was another one we tried at HS for the first time. I dont remember the name but it was across from beauty and the beast and next to RnR

[QUOTE=santa1961;881106]We have 5 days to go and we will be at WDW!!!

This is a first to eat on WDW since DW got us in on the “free Dining Plan”. She did her homework in April and booked us for all of the Dinners and Breakfasts that our 4 year old would enjoy as well as Hoop-De-Doo and a meal at the Castle to boot.

The Snacks I think we can handle but the Counter Service meals we want to get the most from.

Any ideas or favorites you would recommend for the 4 theme parks? We do like Cosmic Rays…just not for 8 days in a row.

Ho Ho Ho…5 days to go and soon only 101 until Christmas![/QUOTE]
I noticed you only have 101 days till your Christmas trip. Me too!!! Where are you staying

There’s just so many to list. I bought this book in Barnes & Noble for $22.95 called, “The Complete Walt Disney World 2008” by Julie & Mike Neal. It lists all the resturants in the parks including the Quick Service indoor places and QS outdoor places. It also lists what type of foods available at each location. It’s a fabulous book with colored glossly pages. It has reviews of rides, QS, TS, hotels, parades… Phone numbers of everything including golf, spas…My kids enjoy reading it too. We are taking it with us to read on our 3 hr plane ride in 18 days! Oh, it’s got 336 pages & the size is about 8" x 4" so you can slip it in a purse or tote very easily.

I’ve only done Epcots Sunshine Season and it was GREAT! As well as Pizza Planet in DHS and that is a great one for the kids. I don’t remember being overly impressed for myself though.

My DD and I went To Sunshine Seasons in the Land at Epcot twice this past trip. I highly reccomend it…the food is such a nice change over the fast fried food. I know we will be going back again for sure next trip.

Columbia Harbour House and Cosmic Ray’s in MK.
Sunshine Seasons in Epcot. Electric Umbrella in Epcot is acceptable.
Beach Marketplace in the Beach Club Resort. Boardwalk Bakery on the Boardwalk. Mara at AKL.
I’m not really a fan of any CS in DHS. AK has Flame Tree and Yak and Yeti in AK has counter service, but sadly, all of the AK CS locations have non-air conditioned dining areas, which can be uncomfortable when the temps are above 84.
Many people like, even love, the hot dogs from Casey’s Corner. Not me! But we won’t rehash the great hot dog debate other than to say, if you want a true deli frank, you won’t find one here.

Flame tree! Pecos bills! Sunshine seasons!

Flametree BBQ, Tangerine Cafe, Pecos Bills (if you are already hitting Cosmic Ray’s), Marketplace at BC.

DHS - not luck with CS for us. :confused:

I LOVED that book! It helped this me plan my family’s first Disney vacation, and we had a blast… a must read!
As for where to eat, our DS is 4 and a half…
In MK, Cosmic Rays is a must… so fun
We all truly loved Pizza Planet in HS, it was our favorite restaurant from the whole trip
In AK, we went to Pizzafari (seeing a theme here?)
We skipped DQS in Epcot

My favorites are:

MK - Pecos Bills, Cosmic Rays, Casey’s

Epcot - Sunshine Seasons

DHS - No real favorite we just grab something where ever we are close to

AK - FLAME TREE BBQ!!!

MK - Cosmic Rays

Epcot - Sunshine Seasons,or we eat at a different countries and share.

DHS -Pizza Planet

AK - FLAME TREE BBQ(We are trying Yak and Yeti in Nov)

[QUOTE=Soundgod;881316]Columbia Harbour House and Cosmic Ray’s in MK.
Sunshine Seasons in Epcot. Electric Umbrella in Epcot is acceptable.
Beach Marketplace in the Beach Club Resort. Boardwalk Bakery on the Boardwalk. Mara at AKL.
I’m not really a fan of any CS in DHS. AK has Flame Tree and Yak and Yeti in AK has counter service, but sadly, all of the AK CS locations have non-air conditioned dining areas, which can be uncomfortable when the temps are above 84.
Many people like, even love, the hot dogs from Casey’s Corner. Not me! But we won’t rehash the great hot dog debate other than to say, if you want a true deli frank, you won’t find one here.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with you Soundgod. My dh and I both think cc has the worse tasting hotdogs we’ve ever had. You can only put so much kraut on them to kill the taste before you start running into trouble, if you know what I mean.:blush:

The answer is always :wub:Tangierine Cafe.:wub:

Split a chicken & lamb schwarma platter!

We ate on WDW for 13 days and our favorite counter services were:

AK: The Yak and Yeti counter service serves both an order of 2 great egg rolls and a whole serving of chicken fried rice - both are on the snack plan. One day we had no CS left, but 35 snacks - for the four of us, all hungry, we got 2 orders of Fried Rice and 3 orders of Egg Rolls, and drinks all around and spent only snack credits. This was super yummy!

Epcot - the Mexico counter service was fabulous!

DDD - we ate at Wolfgang Puck Express twice and Earl of Sandwich once, both Excellent!

We also like the Counter Services at the water parks, and at POP, where the chicken penne alfredo is as good as any Italian restaurant I have Ever been to, and the philly cheesesteak wrap was Great!

Eat lots, especially desserts with those meals! I ate creme brulee 3 times, 3 flavors in 13 days!

[QUOTE=cowanfamily;882621]We ate on WDW for 13 days and our favorite counter services were:

AK: The Yak and Yeti counter service serves both an order of 2 great egg rolls and a whole serving of chicken fried rice - both are on the snack plan. One day we had no CS left, but 35 snacks - for the four of us, all hungry, we got 2 orders of Fried Rice and 3 orders of Egg Rolls, and drinks all around and spent only snack credits. This was super yummy!

Epcot - the Mexico counter service was fabulous!

DDD - we ate at Wolfgang Puck Express twice and Earl of Sandwich once, both Excellent!

We also like the Counter Services at the water parks, and at POP, where the chicken penne alfredo is as good as any Italian restaurant I have Ever been to, and the philly cheesesteak wrap was Great!

Eat lots, especially desserts with those meals! I ate creme brulee 3 times, 3 flavors in 13 days![/QUOTE]

This post is KILLING ME! (*started a strict diet yesterday :laugh:)