Counter Service Meals~Plan these too?

We’ve made all of our ADRs but as the trip gets closer I’m starting to wonder about all the other meals during our stay. Does anyone have suggestions for the best Counter Service places in MK & Epcot? I’m having flashbacks to multiple meals of chicken tenders, mac & cheese & pizza—:blow:—really, we can only eat that stuff so many times. I hate to be super crazy nuts about planning every last detail of the trip (although it did make last year’s trip soooo much better than the first!), but I’m thinking maybe we should at least have a plan for these meals. :confused: Any advice or suggestions would be great!

Some counterservice offer very good selections.

Columbia Harbour House at the MK has a fantastic tuna sandwich - I know it doesn’t sound exciting - but it’s delicious on toasted whole-grain chewy bread.

Sunshine Seasons in The Land Pavilion has some really good food - grilled salmon with garlic mashed potatoes.

The orange chicken at the Lotus Cafe in the China Pavillion is terrific.

If you want to get really sophisticated, the Boulangerie Bakery in France has a great cheese and fruit plate served with a mini baquette and you can order a nice chablis to go with it.

People rave about the Tangerine Cafe in Morocco

I haven’t tried it, but the Yak and Yeti counterservice in AK is suppose to be good.

The Marketplace has two great counterservices - Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck Express - both are so good it’s hard to choose between them.

Yes to everything Llama just posted, and I have tried the Yak and Yeti counter service, and it was good. Definitely nice to have that choice now at AK.

At AK you can try the new picnic in the park, they have some yummy offerings.

I just re-read your post, and saw that you were looking for counterservice at MK & Epcot. Cosmic Rays in the MK is a favorite of ours, as you have many options to choose from. For Epcot, Sunshine Seasons has many choices as well.

I always loosely plan all the CS meals- because I hate wasting time with “where are we going to eat?”, and because without a plan it seems so much likely that we end up with the hamburgers, fries, etc.

Instead of a solid plan, maybe just read up on all the menus- so that wherever you are when you’re hungry, you know what all the options are?

I don’t really plan CS meals. It really just depends where we’re at when we get hungry and decide we’re ready to eat. I had a few places in mind for our trip last week, but it didn’t really work out. We usually just choose the closest thing or make a plan to eat at the resort food court if we’ve had enough of the parks. I do agree that Sunshine Seasons at Epcot is a great choice. We ate there twice this trip and also stopped for some breakfast items one day because there is so much to choose from there.

We don’t plan CS meals, but we know our favorite spots in each park.

MK - Not a wide variety on the park. We prefer Cosmic Rays for the widest variety of choices: burgers, salads, chicken, pulled pork. There is something for everyone. Peco Bills is another good stop.

EPCOT - What a great mix of CS meals. Tangerine Cafe is wonderful as is the Cantina de San Angel.

AK - Flame Tree BBQ!

The only place that always causes trouble is DHS. We never seem to find something there. :confused:

[QUOTE=Elmo;987530]We don’t plan CS meals, but we know our favorite spots in each park.

MK - Not a wide variety on the park. We prefer Cosmic Rays for the widest variety of choices: burgers, salads, chicken, pulled pork. There is something for everyone. Peco Bills is another good stop.

EPCOT - What a great mix of CS meals. Tangerine Cafe is wonderful as is the Cantina de San Angel.

AK - Flame Tree BBQ!

The only place that always causes trouble is DHS. We never seem to find something there. :confused:[/QUOTE]

Yes, DHS always poses a problem for us as well.

I have to agree with the Cosmic Rays suggestion…1/2 a chicken, ribs, sides a drink AND a dessert…all for 1 counter service credit…you cant beat it!!

It’s amazing that Disney hasn’t done something about this. The complaint is universal - NOBODY can find anything decent to eat there. Why not try a 1930’s style “Drugstore”? That would be fun.

That really would be a good idea!

llama is correct. The Land has some great selections. If in HS hit the Starring Rolls Cafe for a QS treat. They even have Bagals and Lox!

Come on- Catalina Eddies has a great Hot Italian Deli Sandwich, Cuban Sandwiches in the Commissary, Pulled Pork or chicken wrap at Studio catering, and mentioned Bagal & lox at Starring Rolls. Tried them all and they all beat dogs or Mac & Cheese! Give 'em a try!

Probably being redundant here (too lazy to read posts), but Cosmic Ray’s hands-down for MK, Flametree BBQ for AK, and Sunshine Seasons in EP is the best food court in the 'World. No CS really excites us in HS. Haven’t eaten there but everyone here raves about Earl of Sandwich.

Pecos Bills for best MK hamburger (great “fixins” bar).

[QUOTE=3DisneyDivas;987476]…I hate to be super crazy nuts about planning every last detail of the trip (although it did make last year’s trip soooo much better than the first!), but I’m thinking maybe we should at least have a plan for these meals…[/QUOTE

Hey, my crew “previews” the menus and pretty much already know what they’re going to order.

[QUOTE=Andrea;987496]I always loosely plan all the CS meals- because I hate wasting time with “where are we going to eat?”, and because without a plan it seems so much likely that we end up with the hamburgers, fries, etc.

Instead of a solid plan, maybe just read up on all the menus- so that wherever you are when you’re hungry, you know what all the options are?[/QUOTE]

that’a exactly what I’m afraid of— & with 7 of us, the “what do you want to eat? I dunno, what do you want?” can go one forever! Our whole trip seems to go much better when we plan. We’re doing 3 days in MK & 1 in Epcot (skipping EK & HS this time) & we mostly hang out in Fantasyland & Adventureland.

:pinch:You weren’t supposed to tell anybody!:blush::laugh:

Since the restaurants in question involve MK & EP,
For MK you have Cosmic Ray’s in Tomorrowland- good chic & ribs for CS, Pinnochio Village in Fantasy land- chik nugs…nothing special (used to have burgers, don’t know what happend there?), Egg Roll Wagon & El Pirata (tacos) in Adventureland-Pirata’s has always been closed when we’ve gone so can’t comment, Pecos’s Bill in Frontierland- good variety for CS, and someone commented on the (Tuna) sandwiches at Columbia Harbour in Liberty Square but I liked the one’s at Diamond Horseshoe better.
In Epcot, Sunshine Seasons or ANY CS at any country has been good for us.

We always go with a plan for CS meals too. It’s more for saving us the dreaded question of, “what do you want to eat?” or “what do you want to do now?” Our CS plans are:

Yorkshire Fish and Chip Co.
Pecos Bill’s
Sunshine Seasons
Wolfgang Puck Express
Captain Cook’s (bfast)
Tangierine Cafe or Boulangerie Patisserie
2 CS that are still TBD depending on how the days go and where we are