Couples Question for POFQ...2 beds or one?

Hi,

Im in the middle of upgrading my trip for the end of augaust from ASMovies to POFQ. When I was goign over the deal with disney they informed me there is a $125 difference between a room with a King Size bed and a standard room with two double beds.

I know it may not seem like a big deal overall but IM not sure if I can justufy the extra bucks for a King Bed.

My girlfiend and I currently have a Full size bed and have no problem with room, so do I really need to pay for the King upgrade?

Are there any differences in the rooms other than bed size?

Any input would help, thank you.

I believe that one of the only, if not the only, difference between them is that some of the king bedded rooms are corner rooms…so you have more window. The room size and decor is the same.

we opted for the kingbed when me and the gf (now dw) went. I am telling you it was worth it! The king rooms are on the corners so I think they offer a little bit more room.
The room was huge, but I dont know if it was lack of the other bed. Also we had a river view, which was very nice. So river views cost the same as a king room upgrade and we got both the view and the bed!
Its prob best to get the king, since there is more room and its very relaxing to be able to stretch out on the huge bed! I know me and dw loved it.

If it’s just 2 adults in the room then 1 could sleep in 1 of the double beds and 1 in the other if you are use to a king, otherwise get the king room and pay the difference. Joe

If you already use a full bed (we do - we’re used to it :rolleyes:) then it may not be worth the extra money to you. But ever since hearing downsouthtigger’s descriptions of the king rooms being corner rooms, I have always been intrigued! The more windows the better for me!

But it all depends on your preferences. I don’t think the bed is what you’d really be paying for…more like a corner room and maybe a better view?

Has anyone got a photo or 2 of these rooms?

Can you ask for these when you check-in or have you got to book them in the first place?

I’m just wondering as we might get one for our July trip.

I thkn now reading some of the above posts I will pay the extra $$$ for the king room. Do you know iff all the king rooms are corner rooms? If they are I will try to put in a request.

Take it from someone married for 25 years - take the double bed room and use both beds. There’ll come a day when sleeping alone is a luxury! (This usually comes after having several children, pets, husband, etc.)

DO IT…spring for the big bed…you’re on vacation!

I always say the big bed is the way to go!

Is it $125 a night difference, or is that the total difference? I would think the latter.

CHeck out allearsnet.com they have pictures of the rooms, as well as the corner rooms…

its $125 total. I forgot to include im in the midst of deciding whether to upgrade from ASMovies to POFQ.

The total upgrade for the whole trip from ASMovies to POFQ w/king would be $490. For the upgrade to POFQ standard room would be $365.

I jumped the gun a little and got so excited when i saw the $125 but now that I lay it out with a jump of $490 im thinking I could put that money to some things like th efollowing:

Now I have a lot to think about after reading the info below.

ill keep you posted

I got this from an email I received from WDW:

Enjoy a romantic, relaxing carriage ride through Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
outside Pioneer Hall or Disney’s Port Orleans Resort, Riverside at the Marina. This ride lasts
around 30 minutes. Carriages will accommodate up to four adults or two adults or three children.
Price is $35.00 tax included. The carriage departs from outside of the Pioneer Hall between 6pm and
9:30pm nightly (weather permitting), and from the Port Orleans Marina the carriage also departs
6:00pm and 9:30pm nightly (weather permitting). A credit card is needed to guarantee, however cash,
room charge, travelers checks or Disney Dollars can only make payment.

Call 407-WDW-PLAY for reservations and information. Walk ups welcomed on a first come first served
basis depending on availability.

Set sail aboard the romantic Grand I, a VIP boating experience at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort &
Spa. The Grand 1, a Sea Ray 450 Express Bridge 45-foot yacht, offers private dining, butler
service, and a captain. 1-13 guests with 1 hour minimum charter. Call 407-824-2439 for further
information, prices and reservations.

Enjoy a voyage aboard Breathless, Disney’s antique ChrisCraft speedboat. A half-hour day cruise
around Crescent Lake near Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts is available. This craft (up to 7
guests), will take you to Epcot for a private viewing of IllumiNations. Contact Disney’s Recreation
Reservation line at 407-939-7529 for further information, prices and reservations.

Sweet treats from Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop at Downtown Disney Marketplace are
great for sharing sweet moments with your sweetie.

Indulge yourselves with a day at The Grand Floridian Spa and Health Club. Choose from a menu of
personalized pampering treatments including facial therapy, massage therapy, water therapy and
soaks, body therapy, hand and body treatments, and much more. Appointments are recommended. Call
407-824-2332 for more information about the Grand Floridian Spa and Health Club or go to their

Enjoy a candlelit gourmet dinner for two at Victoria and Albert’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Beach
Resort & Spa. For reservations, call 407 WDW-DINE (407 939-3463).

Sip fine California wines and enjoy a sweeping view of the Magic Kingdom Park at the California
Grill restaurant atop Disney’s Contemporary Resort.

Oh EXCELLENT points! :eek: :whistling That seems to be what I always end up doing…thinking about an upgrade and then deciding to spend the money on some other special treat! :tongue: (Go with the GF Spa…it’s FABULOUS!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:)

I was pretty sold on the king bed too…until I saw your list. I don’t know, I think I could handle a double bed if it meant a pedicure at the spa! Sigh Heavenly…:angel:

after having a king room at POFQ, I opt still for the king bed. Since my son is small he only sleeps in a crib for now, so a king is great.
I know I always tell everyone you could use your money for something better, but having a great resort can make or break the trip. I mean I Paid an extra $300 to upgrade from a moderate to the Poly and let me just say it was well worth it! Even though I only got two queen beds, since kings are only available in suites, the room was larger and we didn’t need a crib for my son.
I dont know though, a night at the cali grill is really great and well worth missing out on a king bed, TRUST ME!! I would’ve wished I went there when I didn’t have my son but it was still fun with him. Its all up to you though, since I can tell this is a romantic trip, how you do it is all you. POFQ is a great start, just think about what you want do and let us know. We all love helping out any way we can.

Ummm…I have been married 8 years and have only 1 son and I LOVE having a bed all to myself!!! :tongue:

I would love to have a vacation by myself! :wub:

I agree!!

We are traveling with our Son (7). So we have to get the two doubles. But I am extremely looking forward to putting Son with Wife and enjoying a bed by myself.
(Ive been married 9 years…)

They’ll learn. :wink:

Ahhh - the allure of a bed to oneself! :wub: No little feet kicking you, no cat lying on your foot, no husband/wife grabbing all the covers…

Actually, now that I’ve been married 25 years I want a BEDROOM for myself. :wink:

LOL - Me TOO!!