Crazy AK Safari Thought

We had dinner last night with friends who have been to WDW a few times but not nearly as often as we have. They insist that many of the animals on Kilimanjaro Safari are not real but are animantronics. I said - WHAT?? :eek:

I asked if they meant Little Red from the whole poacher chase or the ostrich eggs that are always in the same spot. They said nope, the hippos, crocodiles, giraffes and such. I said WHAT? :eek: :eek:

They were insistant and said “look the hippos and crocs just sit there”. I said “what do you want them to do, dance like in Fantasia”?

Come on, am I losing my mind here!!! :whistling

Just exactly what were they smoking? They’re either pulling your leg or are totally disillusioned. I, for one, wouldn’t want to be the one to poke one of those crocs to see if they’re “real”. My dh always likes to joke that the lions are stuffed and they just move them around now and then, cause all they do is sleep.

They were serious. I told them that I was going to dangle them over the croc pit just to prove my point! :wacko:

I’ve posted pics in TR’s that show the animals that never seem to move, crocs-hips-even the lion, in different spots and positions. They aren’t robots.

They must not have been very much. The jungle cruise is not the safari… two different rides…

You know, on the other hand, if disney has really figured out how to make fake giraffes walk around and eat from trees, well, that would really be amazing.

:laugh: :wub: :laugh:

Are humans always running around, playing and being entertaining? No, we spend a lot of time sitting quietly and resting on the couch and etc. Guess what - animals spend time resting too! This is a shocker for some people, apparently! :laugh:

I have seen that on posts, too. I have never seen the lions move around until our trip this month. I posted a pic of a real live lioness in my TR just a few hours ago. :laugh:

OK, sorry but I have to bring this up again:

Our friends still insist that many of the animals on the Safari are fake. They are nuts! I keep saying what do you want the hippos to do, get up and juggle for you? :laugh:

I may actually spring for the insider tour this January just to shut them up! I can’t think of any other way short of pushing the guy into the crocodile pit so that he can see they are real! :eek:

He can wade through the hippos, or get charged by the elephants… I can’t wait to hear how this turns out. Crocs too…

Yahaaaa, Disney is amazing that way. always on the forefront with their imagineering :wink:

The Wild Africa Trek will show them the light. But first - wager them… BIG. Loser pays for the trek.

Something fun, I’m sure.:laugh:

Now there is a plan!! I should at least get some Mickey-head Ice Creams out of this!!

These pictures are from May 2009…the animals were so active that day it was really neat…this giraffe actually leaned it’s head into our safari vehicle!!

Last time we took the safari, we had a major giraffe problem. A group of 5 were wandering back and forth across the road, so our truck and the truck in front of us had to wait for game wardens to urge them off the path so the ride didn’t get backed up and nobody got hurt.

Animatronics? Yeah, right.

I know… these are the kind of lunatics I hang out with! :eek:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1097354]Last time we took the safari, we had a major giraffe problem. A group of 5 were wandering back and forth across the road, so our truck and the truck in front of us had to wait for game wardens to urge them off the path so the ride didn’t get backed up and nobody got hurt.

Animatronics? Yeah, right.[/QUOTE]

Too funny!

My cousin thought the animals were a mix of real and audioanimatronic on our trip in April. After the safari he said “Those crocs looked so real, it was amazing!” I said, “Rick, that’s because they ARE real!” He thought they were fake because it would be dangerous for us to be so close to them. I am still not 100% sure he believes me! :laugh:

I just decides to end the debate and I booked the Wild Africa Tour for all four of us. I figure as they dangle over the hippos and crocs they will see the light! :eek:

It is supposed to be very well done!