Crazy coffee pot question for SSR

Does anybody have any idea what kind of coffee pots there are at SSR? I really don’t want to purchase a whole pack of coffee filters, which are usually 50 packs, for a 4 night stay. I was kind of hoping I could just bring a few from home. My pot uses the cone style filters though, and I don’t know what is down there.

Also, what do you do about small incidentals? I’m wondering about salt, pepper, sugar, napkins or paper towels, maybe even ketchup? Is any of this in the kitchens already?

This is our first DVC trip and I really have no idea what to expect!

[QUOTE=PrincessPooh;920148]Does anybody have any idea what kind of coffee pots there are at SSR? I really don’t want to purchase a whole pack of coffee filters, which are usually 50 packs, for a 4 night stay. I was kind of hoping I could just bring a few from home. My pot uses the cone style filters though, and I don’t know what is down there.

Also, what do you do about small incidentals? I’m wondering about salt, pepper, sugar, napkins or paper towels, maybe even ketchup? Is any of this in the kitchens already?

This is our first DVC trip and I really have no idea what to expect![/QUOTE]

No salt and pepper, no ketchup, a few sugar packets and creamers. I seem to remember the coffeemaker as being a regular size Mr. Coffee…but I don’t think it’s the cone kind. I think there are filters supplied, however. But no more than one day’s worth of coffee. Paper towels are included. You can always re-supply the sugar, creamers, etc. from the Artist’s Palette. I buy one of those small travel sets of salt & pepper and pack them.

The kitchens (in one & two bedroom suites) have a complete set of pots, pans, cutlery and dishes. Even corkscrew and wine glasses.

We stayed at OKW and the coffee makers there were Mr. Coffee. I can’t remember the filter situation though. I know at home we sometimes use those little packets that have the filter and coffee together–I think they use them at the resorts too.

I would suggest you buy a pack of the coffe and filter combo. They will supply two, I believe. And they are the basket (vs. cone) type of systems.

Any standard basket type pot filters (10 cup?) will work. The starter pack is the fllter/coffe combo.

Make a grocery stop for the rest. Fridge is bare. Of course, they have some stuff in the resort store but you’ll save $$$ bringing it with you.

At BWV (I have to think it’s a similar setup at SSR…) they provide two nasty little all-in-one coffee-in-a-filter packets. You just pop the whole packet into the coffee maker and it brews one pot. It tastes, well, not good.

I forgot to take our own coffee this year! And every time I was at the parks, I forgot to buy WDW Parks Coffee, which is really yummy, to take back to the room. So I ended up walking to the Bellevue Room every morning for four cups of coffee to go. By the way, the Bellevue Room was 482 steps from my room. That’s a long way to go for coffee.

well, my g/f and I aren’t really heavy coffee drinkers but when we drink WE DRINK!!! but what we usually do is we go to the food court as soon as we arrive at the hotel and we get the little half/half creamer small things, pepper, salt, butter, and utensils that way we don’t have to walk to get all those things when we need them. and I’ve been reading about having to take plates due to not enough plates. I tend to take one tupperware per person that way we can make food and it it there just incase we dont have plates to eat it on. for the ketchup, mayo, mustard type of thing we get them from the parks were they give them in packets. for example; I love BBQ sauce and Honey mustard. well, I know in Hollywood in the food court to the right side before you get to RRC, or HTH they have little packs of salt, pepper, packs of ketchup, mustard, honey mustard, BBQ sauce, and utensils.

thos are some tricks you can use also to same some money too.

Are you staying in a studio or a bedroom suite?

We’re staying in a 1 BR. We’re only going to be there for 4 nights, and I only plan on making breakfast in the rooms. I placed a small grocery order with the resort, just for the basic bread, milk, eggs, butter, cheese. I always pack snacks for the kids in our luggage anyway. I think I will just do what you all recommend for the coffee and get the filter paks here before we go. And honestly, I’m not trying to be cheap or steal, but I see no point in buying salt, pepper, sugar and ketchup for such an insignificant amount. I mean, I honesestly need about 5 packs of each for the whole trip. Of course, I’m sure that if I go to the food court and take them, I’ll be the one singled out by a CM as the bad DVC member!

I just became a DVC member and I’ve always stayed in a value resort but I dont think they will say anything about you needing those things and taking a couple of them. I have taken enough stuff from the food court on 1 day to supply me for 3 days that way I don’t need to walk back and forth to the food court.

I’m sorry everyone that has seen this if I made myself look bad now. but plz dont think of me differently b/c I save money on little things like these. now I feel kinda embarrased saying these things but it is true. I’m 20 and I need to save money for the next trip. lol!

[QUOTE=DiZ NeE O8;920430]
I’m sorry everyone that has seen this if I made myself look bad now. but plz dont think of me differently b/c I save money on little things like these. now I feel kinda embarrased saying these things but it is true. I’m 20 and I need to save money for the next trip. lol![/QUOTE]

Don’t apologize! I don’t think you made yourself look bad at all. I was just being funny about being labelled the bad member! I feel the same as you do about just taking a few little things from the food court. I see no reason to spend so much money for something a need a little dash of! Besides, it’s not like I’m looking to start the whole reusable mug wars here!:ph34r::laugh:

Well, the good news is that at a 1-br, you will have plenty of plates, silverware, mugs, glasses and so forth… even a dishwasher to clean them in every night! It is a full-sized kitchen. so you have an entire refrigerator too. Plenty of room for food. And a toaster, mocrowave and a regular stove.

Don’t worry about taking a few supplies from the food court. On our most recent trip, we bought the refillable mug and one of the cast members encouraged us to take extra packets of hot cocoa and tea bags to use in the room. We had first time Disney friends with us and they were totally impressed!!