Crazy things you do for Disney

First, like most of you, I drive my family crazy talking about Disney but what other crazy things do you do for Disney.

The first year we bought our DVC membership we went to SSR after that trip the economy hit my family hard. My husband lost a couple jobs, we lost our home and had to cash in our savings to get through but there is one thing we didn’t give up… our DVC. We have had our DVC for 5 years and only that one trip. I have planned 4 trips for my friends and family. If not for them renting our points I may have lost our DVC. It is fun to plan their trips with them but it’s hard not to be jealous.

My husband started a new job and it has been going very well. I am very optimistic that my turn will come and I will be able to use my membership.

Funny how bad it can be but you can’t part with your Disney obsession. I struggled with selling it but I am so glad things worked out for us.

What crazy thing have you done?

Keep buying points while working in real estate?!?!

I’d like to say that I’m getting a better return (lower cost on my personal trips) on renting them that I am my rental properties…and a whole lot more fun to manage!

[QUOTE=Tinkerbella;1018631]First, like most of you, I drive my family crazy talking about Disney but what other crazy things do you do for Disney.

The first year we bought our DVC membership we went to SSR after that trip the economy hit my family hard. My husband lost a couple jobs, we lost our home and had to cash in our savings to get through but there is one thing we didn’t give up… our DVC. We have had our DVC for 5 years and only that one trip. I have planned 4 trips for my friends and family. If not for them renting our points I may have lost our DVC. It is fun to plan their trips with them but it’s hard not to be jealous.

My husband started a new job and it has been going very well. I am very optimistic that my turn will come and I will be able to use my membership.

Funny how bad it can be but you can’t part with your Disney obsession. I struggled with selling it but I am so glad things worked out for us.

What crazy thing have you done?[/QUOTE]

You sound like us-
Ed was laid off 3 times in the last year. We have been doing EVERYTHING we can to stay afloat- I clean houses and baby sit and so on… we had put our DVC up for sale in the beginning but there were so many out there and we were not going to be really benefiting from the sale. Ed also thought that it gave us hope- that no matter what happened in our short term we were going to get back in the long run- so he made me keep it. Now we are still not out of the woods but because we had banked so many points we have a 10 day trip planned for Easter and Dad is covering all costs but the room. WE HAD THAT COVERED!! Dont get me wrong, we have plenty of people that have criticized us keeping it- that along with our pickup truck… but I would rather shop at goodwill and salvation army and I would rather volunteer for sports scholarships for kids than give up on something we treasure and something that holds so much hope for us!

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1018641]Keep buying points while working in real estate?!?!

I’d like to say that I’m getting a better return (lower cost on my personal trips) on renting them that I am my rental properties…and a whole lot more fun to manage![/QUOTE]

But you are a good man Richard- it will all pay off for you in the end- fate is telling you to buy more… so karma can pay you back later- :wub: or at least you can tell yourself that to get by…lol :laugh:

My husband wouldn’t let me sell it either. He had the same theory that if we rent them now when we are back on our feet we have DVC to look forward to.

I know the feeling =(…We are in construction…
My husband took a 50% pay cut this year. It’s very difficult to say the least. It’s our family owened company so that makes it even harder. His employee’s all have small children, so my husband is always the first to take a “hit”. Things are finally starting to slowly turn around, but we are not out of the clear just yet. More than likely it won’t be till the mid part of summer till everything is up and running the way it should be. Fingers crossed!

Things I do hummmmmm let see, we didn’t do any adult Christmas gifts this year, knowing we had a family reunion comming up in June at WDW.
I also did lots of (summer clothes) clearance shopping over the winter for the family, Old Navy is the best for that. We always roll change, I’m happy to say I’m up to $480.00!
But like you said it’s all in the name of DISNEY!

Good Luck to you, Tinkerbella~

Thanks Tinker2222
I am sure it was worth the christmas gift sacrifiice. I work at a bank and everyone has been cashing in loose change lately for vacations. Great idea.
It’s all for Disney!

Wow you guys have some serious stories. The craziest thing I do is drive my family crazy with Disney trivia all time. We will be watching a show or something and see something Disney related and I’ll ask “what park was that in?” or “which did you first ride that?”

We do the trivia thing too! Also finding hidden mickeys everywhere.

Another crazy thing I love to do is plan trips even when I know I am not going. I will make calendars, pick restaurants and even make a list of all the rides I must see.

I can’t believe I am going to share this one but here goes.
My sister and I love Disney and we will send emails back and forth as if we are in the park. With details like were we are eating and what we are eating. Sometimes we are really lucky in our fantasy that we stay in the castle or get to ride all the rides with a fastpass. Nothing wrong with dreaming. It keeps us both smiling and laughing to see who can come up with a better place to go.

Has someone been locked in the great white north too long??? :laugh::laugh:

[QUOTE=Tinkerbella;1018739]I can’t believe I am going to share this one but here goes.
My sister and I love Disney and we will send emails back and forth as if we are in the park. With details like were we are eating and what we are eating. Sometimes we are really lucky in our fantasy that we stay in the castle or get to ride all the rides with a fastpass. Nothing wrong with dreaming. It keeps us both smiling and laughing to see who can come up with a better place to go.[/QUOTE]

Loved it…me and my DD15 laughed and decided we are going to try this:laugh::laugh:

It is a lot of fun! On our fantasy vacation the kids don’t argue and we buy all the souvenirs we want. I even attach video and photos to show what part of the park I am at now. Sometimes we will split up and I will go to a different ride from her and meet up for dinner.
I am glad you are going to do it too! Let me know how it goes.

**** yeah!!

Cabin Fever sets in around February

We have had 30 days this winter where it reached into the 30’s. We did not buy into this situation when we left the GWN 20 years ago for SC. DW has always said our second retirement would be in Orlando. Now she is reay to make it Key West.

That sounds like a great woman with a great plan!!!:laugh::laugh:

Now I can add getting a tattoo to the Crazy Disney things. This Saturday I got a mickey tattoo. I had been wanting to do it for 6 years and finally got the courage up to do it.

Here it is!