Credit card at check-in

Are you required to leave a credit card at checkin?

We aren’t on the dining plan so we are bringing cash for all our meals and want to avoid putting anything on a card while we are there. We also are leary of having a cc# on our keys to the world card in case of losing it.

Wasn’t sure if they require this though.

I think I’m always asked if I want to leave a credit card on file for charges. I don’t think you have to.

It’s only necessaryif you want charging to your room. I don’t believe that it has your actual cc info, just the WDW info. You can also have then not put charging on the kids cards.

You are probably at less risk than using your credit card at different locations, I got ripped at the car rental check out booth at MCO.

When we were younger my parents didn’t put the credit card on our cards, so you don’t have to. But now as an adult, it is so nice not to have to deal with cash and coins.

I look at it this way, my parents taught me this, whenever I use a credit card I immediatley put it back where it belongs. So far I have never lost any card I carry. If you tend to lose things easily and often it might not be such a wise idea then. It might not be worth the hassle.

[QUOTE=ssn;972828]Are you required to leave a credit card at checkin?

We aren’t on the dining plan so we are bringing cash for all our meals and want to avoid putting anything on a card while we are there. We also are leary of having a cc# on our keys to the world card in case of losing it.

Wasn’t sure if they require this though.[/QUOTE]

No not required. But you will need to go and check out. If you don’t leave a cc on file with Disney, you can not do express checkout.

You can also opt for express check out, and NOT put the cc on your keys to the world. They will just say “not valid for charging” on them.

All kids cards (under 9) are “not valid for charging” after 9 you can make them valid AND also add a spending limit per day if you wish.

ON this past trip we were asked if we wanted to put a credit card on our room cards. We decided not too, but then I turned around and purchased our water park options(in the hotel). When I went to pay with a credit card she told me I had to pay cash because I opted out of using a credit card?!??!!?!?!? What ever, we ended up putting a card on our room keys, but not on the kids’ cards. I told the CM why I was hesitant and she said it is better than carrying the actual card around- if you loose your room key they can immediately cancel that one and issue a new one. Plus, then we had express check-out.

Get a Disney VISA, pay by credit card, build up rewards to spend at WDW for FREE!

I NEVER leave a cc on file. You never know who may try to steal your info. IF we have to leave a cc I always purchase a pre paid

I look at it this way. I do realize people are afraid of having their identity stolen, but Disney deals with millions of credit cards every day and I haven’t heard of any major catastrophes about identity theft. I’m sure there are snafus occasionally, but keep your receipts and check your bill.

If you have ever done online banking, online shopping, ordering from a catalog over the phone, or ever sending a catalog order thru the mail you need to give credit info.

If you booked your Disney trip online or through a travel agent you needed to give your credit card number. I’ve never had any problems because I’m careful and thorough when I give my number out. But I trust Disney.

[QUOTE=doric;972990]I look at it this way. I do realize people are afraid of having their identity stolen, but Disney deals with millions of credit cards every day and I haven’t heard of any major catastrophes about identity theft. I’m sure there are snafus occasionally, but keep your receipts and check your bill.

If you have ever done online banking, online shopping, ordering from a catalog over the phone, or ever sending a catalog order thru the mail you need to give credit info.

If you booked your Disney trip online or through a travel agent you needed to give your credit card number. I’ve never had any problems because I’m careful and thorough when I give my number out. But I trust Disney.[/QUOTE]
I do too but ya never know. I work in collections and hear alot of stories. Matter of fact I paid my phone bill one day with my cc and I was charged a few months later for a pair of UGGS i didnt purchase so when it was traced it was traced back to the rep at the phone co that took my payment:angry:

I am glad Disney isn’t one of those places that requires a cc and then puts a big hold on it during your stay…I completely understand wanting to pay cash for everything, and being required to have a credit card is a big irritation with me. I’ve had super bad experiences with cc’s AND with debit cards, and I’m to the point where I feel safer keeping my money in MY possession and no one elses!

Just over a month ago, we were celebrating our anniversary and staying at a nice resort near our hometown. The whole trip was prepaid for us (by someone else!) and yet the resort made this big deal about us not having a credit card to put on file with them. I find that whole mentality frustrating. I understand that some people probably thrash the room or something, but the fact that you can’t go to a resort for your anniversary these days without having to give out your credit card information or put down a deposit is just absurd.

When I go to Disney, I almost always pay off my hotel balance in cash. I feel better knowing there aren’t going to be any wrong charges or misunderstandings!