Credit Card on Room Key

Hello Everyone!

OK I know you can put a credit card on your Key to the World BUT my ma was wondering if you can put a limit on each.

For example…

Can she check us in and say I want $500 credit on my DDs room and $500 credit on DS room?

She wants to give us spending money for the trip and she thinks this is the perfect way

Has anyone done this?

Thanks!

Lisa

That’s so nice! If I remember correctly, we were able to set limits by each card and even no charging privileges for the younger ones. All the charges went back to one “master” card BUT this was a while back, so please make sure in case I’m mistaken or things have changed.

Have an awesome trip and can’t wait for the trip report!!

They do set a limit before you are automatically charged.

If you do a debit they do increments of $300, so each time it reaches $300 they hit the credit card. Credit cards are $500.

Not sure how she will keep track of who spent what, since each room will get it’s own invoice at the end of the stay, but it won’t say what key charged what.

I think she would be better off just getting you each a Disney GC (get them at the Disney Store or the shops at the resort) You Mom can use her “key” to buy the GC if she wants to keep it all on one invoice.

Have fun!!

The credit limit depends on the type of resort you book. I believe the credit limit at a value is $500, mods $1000, and deluxe $1500. The keys all have numbers that can be used to identify the charges on your account.

Good to know! I guess since I am the only “Adult” ever in my party, I didn’t notice this. I know they won’t give my DDs any credit line - is it under 16 or 18?

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;1043797]They do set a limit before you are automatically charged.

If you do a debit they do increments of $300, so each time it reaches $300 they hit the credit card. Credit cards are $500.

Not sure how she will keep track of who spent what, since each room will get it’s own invoice at the end of the stay, but it won’t say what key charged what.

I think she would be better off just getting you each a Disney GC (get them at the Disney Store or the shops at the resort) You Mom can use her “key” to buy the GC if she wants to keep it all on one invoice.

Have fun!![/QUOTE]

Well we are all staying in different rooms and have different confirmation numbers. So if DH or I charge something it would come out of our room if DB or his wife charge something it would come off his room…right?

Is there anywhere in the “world” that does not accept a disney store GC?

Thanks!

Lisa

We’re always asked at check in if we want Nate to be able to charge or not. We finally decided to allow him to charge this year. I don’t think it an age, it’s up to the person checking in.

When we share a two bedroom with friends we get a print out the charges to divide them up. It’s easy because the cards are numbered starting with one and goes through the number of people in the room.

[QUOTE=lisalovesmickey;1043814]Well we are all staying in different rooms and have different confirmation numbers. So if DH or I charge something it would come out of our room if DB or his wife charge something it would come off his room…right?

Thanks!

Lisa[/QUOTE]

You are right. One time we booked two rooms and were told all the charges would have to go to one card. The following day another CM split the rooms and swipped another card for the second room. If the CM who checks you in says it can’t be done ask for a manager to split the reservation.

Follow what DT and mickeysgirlz said. We run a seperate card on each key so if the kids, now 21-27, want something crazy they can pay for it on their own. We’re already paying for everything else (room,tix, meals, snacks, etc.). Also when we had 2 couples on our last stay at VWL each couple dropped a different card on their room keys. And you can set a lower limit than the ceiling.

[QUOTE=lisalovesmickey;1043814]Well we are all staying in different rooms and have different confirmation numbers. So if DH or I charge something it would come out of our room if DB or his wife charge something it would come off his room…right?

Thanks!

Lisa[/QUOTE]

I buy them for my DDs all the time! That is their money and they can choose to buy what they want with it (and I don’t have to be saying NO all the time!) It helps them to not be grabby and make a decision if they REALLY want it or not - we use them everywhere even to buy ice cream, I’ve never had a problem.

Awesome! Actually that works out awesome for me b/c we have a GC program at Tys school and Disney Store GCs are offered. The more GCs you buy through this program the more you get off tuition! I might just ask my ma to do that…I’m sure she will.

Thanks everyone!

Lisa

[QUOTE=lisalovesmickey;1043831]Awesome! Actually that works out awesome for me b/c we have a GC program at Tys school and Disney Store GCs are offered. The more GCs you buy through this program the more you get off tuition! I might just ask my ma to do that…I’m sure she will.

Thanks everyone!

Lisa[/QUOTE]

Double Bonus!

[QUOTE=lisalovesmickey;1043791]Hello Everyone!

OK I know you can put a credit card on your Key to the World BUT my ma was wondering if you can put a limit on each.

For example…

Can she check us in and say I want $500 credit on my DDs room and $500 credit on DS room?

She wants to give us spending money for the trip and she thinks this is the perfect way

Has anyone done this?

Thanks!

Lisa[/QUOTE]

You sure can we do it for the kids

We tried it once and I am a little worried about room key being essentially a charge card… For me, it is easier to just use the regular CC or DDR card for purchases. Our dining is on the card for DD if she needs a snack :slight_smile:
I always worry that someone will charge something to my room and how do I prove I didn’t do it? I like the GC idea though… can you buy a GC with DDRs? Hmm… maybe a new quest for me to figure out!