[QUOTE=emamasa;1093775]Just looked at the Touring Plans crowd calendar - and it has changed a bit. Our 1st day at MK (Saturday, 11/12) is now a 10/10! :pinch: The busiest we’ve ever been was 7 or 8, and that was nuts to us. The rest of our trip is lower - 3’s and 4’s, which is great, but still higher than when I first started planning, it was 1’s and 2’s all week.
so, what to expect for a 10 day? Maybe we’ll plan to spend more time at the resort after we check in and head to DTD some too if it’s too crowded.
I want to do rope drop, but maybe not on this day? It is PM EMH, so maybe we’ll take advantage of that. It also says it’s Jersey Week that day (also lists is the Thurs before, so is this the last day of that?).[/QUOTE]
We have been NYE, Christmas, New Years Day, and 4th of July (New Years Eve by far the worst as EPCOT closed. So this is what I have found for a good 10+ strategy. I WOULD NOT GO TO MK…NO ESCAPE.
- Go to EPCOT (large and spacious/hides the crowds better)
- Get there at Park Opening
- Once inside the park have 1 person (the best at getting through crowds) run ahead to get Soarin FP - there will be MAD DASH, it is insane.
- After FP obtained, go ride Nemo or chill in the international pavillion
- If EMH at EPCOT, get there for that and then do #3, and then go to Akershush for breakfast.
- Find “alernatives” to pass time. Things Like Kim Possible.
- Make it a picture day - we have a picture day on these days. We spend a ton of time taking pics…kids look for spots and making memories.
- EAT - schedule 2 sitdowns.
- Break away for some Ice Cream and a stroll down the Boardwalk
- Ride when you can and FP when you can…use the boards with wait-time to your advantage
- FINALLY, do not get frustrated - realize going in that this is a different day and riding is not THE ONLY objective