Crowd Calendars?

With everything going on and changing can I trust the crowd calendars that I find on-line? Based on touringplans and undercover tourist, I’ve planned to go April 8-12th:

Monday- Drive-up and DTD(may try earl of sandwich or beaches&cream)
Tues- HS
Wed-Epcot
Thur-Mk (I know it says to avoid MK but we have her bday dinner at CRT and BBB Mk, so its unavoidable).
Friday- Will be HS or Mk ( Birthday girls choice)

So what do you guys think? Trust the calendars or not?

[QUOTE=christina101902;1130313]With everything going on and changing can I trust the crowd calendars that I find on-line? Based on touringplans and undercover tourist, I’ve planned to go April 8-12th:

Monday- Drive-up and DTD(may try earl of sandwich or beaches&cream)
Tues- HS
Wed-Epcot
Thur-Mk (I know it says to avoid MK but we have her bday dinner at CRT and BBB Mk, so its unavoidable).
Friday- Will be HS or Mk ( Birthday girls choice)

So what do you guys think? Trust the calendars or not?[/QUOTE]

Christina…we found the crowd calendar to be all wrong last summer. We would get up and plan to do a park that was a green, only to find it jam packed. I don’t know what to tell you…

This is one of the reasons I’m glad we dont make ADRs…that way when we found the AK so crowded we couldn’t walk, we could easiy leave and go somewhere else…

I’ve always found touringplans to be very reliable. I’d go ahead and trust them if I were you. Even though it says to avoid MK on Thursday, the crowds aren’t supposed to be much worse there than any other park, so your plan looks good to me!

I think the crowd calculators used to be really effective, but not so much any more. We’ve just headed to a park, and if it gets too crowded, we head to another and usually find lighter crowds.

Wanted to mention that EoS is great – have a Beef & Bleu for me!!!

I use them for a general suggestion but not as the final decision maker. My opinion is that is more important to have a plan of attack for the park you are in that day. Be there early, rope drop, and have a plan. That has been most effective for us.

Thank you guys so much. Now that I have a plan. I can start trying to map out our must dos.

I’ve usually found the crowd calenders to be fairly accurate. Of course, things can change quickly, so I do try to be flexible, and use apps like Lines and My Disney Experience while I’m on site.

i wish they were accurate, but they not at all. I stopped looking at them as they are “crap”

I had never used them before last trip—and I thought when planning,“oh look what I have been missing,” but—it was a mistake. We just trashed them after we arrived at the AK on a “green” low attendance day and we couldn’t even walk it was so packed!!

I think the best way for me personally, is to go back to the method we’ve always used. If it’s and EMH at one park for morning—go to another and switch back to that one later on—If it’s EMH for late, go early and switch out later on…and so on.

I wont use those calendars again!!

Ok so as long as I am aware of the EMHs and avoid them, I’m good to go . Thank you.

That’s just MY personal preference. We are not ones to get to the park first thing and then leave mid day to go swimming or something. Some people are—but we get to a park early to mid morning and stay all day until it closes—hopping to another park if we want to.

We found that the park that opened earlier in the morning, was more crowded because everyone got there early. :happy:

That all depends. I personally am a morning person and like to hit the morning EMH of the day and then hop at lunch time when the crowds start to build. If you are not a morning person, it’s best to go to the park who had EMH the day before. that’s pretty much a guaranteed slowish day.

I never pay attention to those calendars.I figure if I get to a park and it’s crowded,I leave and go to another park.That is why we always buy the park hopper option.

I always try to get to a park prior to opening, morning EMH or no. If it is EMH, then, like dana, I often hop once things get crowded(which they do). If it’s not, then I am more likely to spend the day at the same park9returning if I leave for a break or a meal). The crowd calender tends to reflect EMH parks, from what I have seen, and the extra crowds they draw. Also, I try to hit the MK the morning after a party, if applicable.

Do you find it any different if it were a prior am or pm EMH? To us it seems like the park that had a pm EMH the day before was slower. If it were an am EMH we didn’t notice much of a difference.

We try to avoid parks on the weekends if possible. A lot more traffic from locals and those taking an extended weekend.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1130455]Do you find it any different if it were a prior am or pm EMH? To us it seems like the park that had a pm EMH the day before was slower. If it were an am EMH we didn’t notice much of a difference.

We try to avoid parks on the weekends if possible. A lot more traffic from locals and those taking an extended weekend.[/QUOTE]

It’s been my experience that it doesn’t matter if it’s AM or PM EMH. That same park is usually less crowded the day after one. Again, that’s my experience. I am sure other people have had different experiences or different opinions. The fact is, there is no way to judge it and that’s what makes the crowd calenders total crap.:laugh:

yes—I realized after the fact, that what they are going by is last years attendance on that same day, hotel reservations, and special events in each particular park.

Not a good way to determine. I won’t bother with it ever again…total waste of time IMHO…

[QUOTE=smallworld;1130474]yes—I realized after the fact, that what they are going by is last years attendance on that same day, hotel reservations, and special events in each particular park.

Not a good way to determine. I won’t bother with it ever again…total waste of time IMHO…[/QUOTE]

So agreed. I do EMH morning cause I am up and I love the rush! Noonish break and back out to which ever park the wind takes me to at night. DD and I shop at night - we dont’ even do attractions…lol

Have never used a crowd calendar, we usually go to the parks on non emh days