Crowd levels, mid march vs. late march

We are scheduled to go to Disneyworld on march 29th through april 3rd. We have reservations at the caribbean beach.

Went to book the flights for the five of us yesterday and there has been a huge jump. . .which with five of us would add an additional $1,000 to our trip.

We can get the same deal on our hotel if we go March 15 to March 20.

flights are might cheaper. I am concerned about the crowds in mid march. . we were there years ago and it was spring break and it was crazy.

thoughts?

i think that week is better than the your originally booked week - we will be there 12th through 19th. We were told that this week is busy but nothing like the last week in march till mid april.

I agree with dadofthree, I think the middle of March is a better bet. We were there in 2006 at that time and it was wonderful. Low crowds & weather the was perfection! Well if you like low 80’s and sunshine :happy:
Plus I thinkEaster is late this year, which can push back Spring break for some schools.

touring plans.com has 3/29-4/3 crowd calendar as 6-4-6-5-3-5
And 3/15-3/20 as 9-9-8-9-8-7. they are predicting the last week in March to be less crowded.

the state of Floridas public schools spring break begin date for a few counties is March 7 and dates go as late as the last week in March. So pretty much the entire state of Florida will be on Spring Break during the month March at one point or another. :pirate:

Christina

yes - but only SouthEast US takes Spring Break Early to Mid March and MOST of US usually go to Beach (Destin) if we go anywhere. Just saying the rest of the country USUALLY Spring Breaks around Easter.

[QUOTE=FairyGranmama;1062451]touring plans.com has 3/29-4/3 crowd calendar as 6-4-6-5-3-5
And 3/15-3/20 as 9-9-8-9-8-7. they are predicting the last week in March to be less crowded.[/QUOTE]

We will be there March 23-April 4th…i=I’m hoping since Easter is at the end of April that the crowds won’t be too bad…If making ADR is any indication then I’m in good shape. I’ve made several changes as late as last week for our party of 8 without any problems. Even got into Cinderella Royal Table about a week ago:blush: This is the first time my sons’ spring break does not correlate with Easter and the first time I haven’t had to pull them out of school for 5-8 days! Praying for LOW crowds.

I am hoping the crowds wont be too bad the end of March too. We went last year at this time and it was pretty crowded but Easter was the beginning of April last year.

A lot of places are not taking their spring breaks until April this year because of the late Easter. I really think the March numbers will be lower than most years once ESPN the weekend is over. Of course it will still be busy.

Oh no when is ESPN weekend?/

It’s the first weekend of the month if I remember correctly.

March 3rd thru the 6th

Oh good we’ll be there at the end of March beginning of April…hoping for low crowds so we can get things done quickly and spend leisurely evenings in the pool or at DTD

I’ll be there March 31 to April 4 too. I’ve heard WDW is busy at this time, but those are the dates I’m going. I hope the weather is great and the crowds aren’t too large.

It normally is a very busy time, I’m just hoping that with Easter being so late this year many schools will have spring break later

Since Easter is falling so late this year, either time would be OK. I still would recommend mid-march. Those Spring Breakers will overtake us easily :laugh:

We’ve gone march 14th twice for my dd bday. It was always on weekends and the crowds were not bad at all.

I think you are going to get a bit of heavy traffic regardless, so save the money on the flights. Just utilize EMH in the morning. Regardless of what time of year you are going, morning EMH is the BEST way to get on everything you want before people even wake up. Not many people are willing to rise early on vacation. Crazy right?

We have done just that. . saved the money. We are now going March 14th to the 20th. . figured either way we would hit some sort of crowd. We went last year on April 11th for 10 days. . .and the crowds were manageable.

Honestly, the difference in flights were HUGE and would have made a difference on whether we could go or not.

Thanks for all of your insight!! :laugh:

[QUOTE=Magic;1062709]We have done just that. . saved the money. We are now going March 14th to the 20th. . figured either way we would hit some sort of crowd. We went last year on April 11th for 10 days. . .and the crowds were manageable.

Honestly, the difference in flights were HUGE and would have made a difference on whether we could go or not.

Thanks for all of your insight!! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Glad you changed it. I hated the thought of anyone paying that much for airfare! Insane!!! Crowds are manageable anytime of the year. If you have been there more than twice and are a planner and take advantage of the mornings, you will get on anything you want.

My DD and I have been going in August and it’s a bit heavier on the crowds than I would like, but it more than manageable. We do the EMH in the morning for every park. We get on every headliner as much as we want and exit the park at or after lunch time. We take a break at the resort and head back out for dinner. We spend our evening shopping or doing things that don’t have lines regardless of what time of day you go to see it. This has worked for us every trip. AVOID evening EMH like the plague…they are not worth it in my opinion.