Crowd levels vs attractions in Sept

This is our first trip in September and we are anticipating a much lower crowd level than on our previous visits (July/August). What can we expect in the way of wait times for attractions like Soarin’ and Toy Story Mania. We’ve done soarin’ but not TSM. Or should we plan on tripping children and knocking over the elderly in a mad rush to the FP terminal?:laugh::crying:

Wait time are much shorter, but you should still get FP’s early. TSM is still very popular. If you arrive at DHS for opening, everyone will be headed to TSM, they steer the crowds in that direction. I hope you enjoy the smaller crowds.

Thanks. Running shoes on,elbows out. JK

We took our first trip ever to DW last mid Sept. I was very concerned about crowds. Everyone said crowds were lighter in Sept but I was still a little worried. I think I only had to get 2 or 3 Fast Passes the whole time. One was Toy Story Mania but most of the rides had a very short wait. Some of them, we could have gone on them over and over like Pirates and Haunted Mansion.
Next time we’re going 2nd week of January and I’m hoping the crowds are just as light. But make sure you bring a water bottle. The heat and humidity were terrible.

[QUOTE=disneykidathart;1039961]We took our first trip ever to DW last mid Sept. I was very concerned about crowds. Everyone said crowds were lighter in Sept but I was still a little worried. I think I only had to get 2 or 3 Fast Passes the whole time. One was Toy Story Mania but most of the rides had a very short wait. Some of them, we could have gone on them over and over like Pirates and Haunted Mansion.
Next time we’re going 2nd week of January and I’m hoping the crowds are just as light. But make sure you bring a water bottle. The heat and humidity were terrible.[/QUOTE]

We went last dec but am also going in sept this year. In dec, we had the 7 million people march to TS, but what surprised us, when we went to use a fast pass later, the stand by line was half empty. I heard the CM say, first thing in the morning there is a BIG rush, and then it dies down, then another rush later. I think in the future before I use a fast pass, I’d double check how long the normal line is.

Yes, TSM and Soarin are still extremely popular so get FPs for those. But for the most part the crowds are extremely light and I love going at this time of year.

It is very hot still but just give you an excuse to hit the pool.

Also, a tip, if you are going to MNSSHP go to MK that day too. NO ONE goes to this park on a party day b/c the hours are so short and no one wants to waste a day off their ticket. EVERY SINGLE RIDE WAS WALK ON FOR US! It was great!

Enjoy!

Lisa

[QUOTE=lisalovesmickey;1039983]Yes, TSM and Soarin are still extremely popular so get FPs for those. But for the most part the crowds are extremely light and I love going at this time of year.

It is very hot still but just give you an excuse to hit the pool.

Also, a tip, if you are going to MNSSHP go to MK that day too. NO ONE goes to this park on a party day b/c the hours are so short and no one wants to waste a day off their ticket. EVERY SINGLE RIDE WAS WALK ON FOR US! It was great!

Enjoy!

Lisa[/QUOTE]

We’re doing our 25 Anniversary (actually Aug 3) because DW has always wanted to see MNSSHP. So yes, we will be in the park that day. Thanks.

Crowds are also variable in September because that has been the traditional free dining period.

You can still expect the headliners to build a line regardless of the time of year you go. People still flock to the best attractions. I would still use the advice of doing them as soon as the park opens and fast passing after your turn for a later run. I have traveled to WDW twice in January (which is DEAD) and even though most attractions were a walk-on, the headliners still had serious foot traffic by mid-morning.

I’ve been in September for my last 3 or 4 Disney trips, and now I can say I will never go in summer again! Like everyone else said, you won’t be using may FP’s. As far as rides like soarin and Toy Story, those are always crowded, so make sure to visit those first and then maybe grab an FP to ride it again later on. Other than those it’s defintely better than going in the summer! However, it’s still really hot!

We like heat. Crowds not as much:biggrin: September is lookin’ better n’ better.

LOVE going in September—haven’t in the last few years though :crying:
As was stated, it can be quite hot and humid, but fairly low crowds, with the exception of TSM, Soarin, etc…few things to watch for-free dining can bring crowds, night of joy weekend (early Sept) can also bring crowds/large groups…
have fun!!

Crowds are VERY unpredictable these days with all the deals that are running. A fellow buzzer just posted on FB “Pirates is a walk on!” in July??? Wow!

we have gone twice in September loved it low crowds… we are trying end of October hope it is the same.

We’ve experienced that a few times as well in July.

We’ll be there this September and looking forward to it even more now! Low crowds will be a hugh bonus and we don’t mind the heat! One thread jacking question - what about the rain? xxx

According to what I’ve read, the rainfall is similar to July and Augusts. I can live with that.

Right now (in South Fl) our rainy season is anything but rainy! We haven’t had rain in weeks . . . the lakes are so low. They are saying the oceans are hot, which make for an active hurricane season, but that is more end of September/October.

Great that means it will be rainy the entire time we are there…you know…Murphys law and everything! :mellow:

Lisa