Crowd Levels

Does anyone know where I could find park crowd levels for late November, early December 2011… trying to figure something out.

I’ve always read that crowds at that time are very low—in between Thanksgiving and the first two weeks of December.

We have gone the day after Thanksgiving, and were surprised that it was not that crowded however, there were more people than low attendance times.

I would imagine that the following week (if you are planning for this year) the week after Thanksgiving weekend would be a great time to go. The Christmas decorations will be all up and done by then! (Thanksgiving seems early this year.)

I have always referred to Birnbaums books for this sort of info, however, I have not read it in many years now.

Yup, I can. I got the touring plans thingy.

Do you have exact dates, Dee?

I can tell you that, so far, the crowds are really low, like no higher than 3 out of 10 December 1 -10.

[QUOTE=Dopey;1106032]Yup, I can. I got the touring plans thingy.

Do you have exact dates, Dee?

I can tell you that, so far, the crowds are really low, like no higher than 3 out of 10 December 1 -10.[/QUOTE]

We are looking at 11/29 to 12/7 - just DH and me, Hunter will have to wait another year or two. We will be celebrating my 50th this year.

Dac,

Here is one I use. There are many out there. I checked earlier this week and they are only posting through July 31st.

WDWParkHours.com - Vacation Planning Custom Calendar

December 02, 2012: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 1 to 2.
December 02, 2012: Animal Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 3.7 to 5.3.
December 03, 2012: Animal Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 2.6 to 3.8.
December 05, 2012: Animal Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 2.1 to 3.6.
December 05, 2012: Epcot is no longer a park to avoid.
December 05, 2012: Animal Kingdom is now a park to avoid.
December 06, 2012: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 2 to 3.
December 06, 2012: Animal Kingdom is no longer a best park.
December 06, 2012: Animal Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 1.2 to 3.2.
December 07, 2012: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 2 to 3.
December 07, 2012: Animal Kingdom is now a best park.
December 07, 2012: Animal Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 1.1 to 2.9.
December 08, 2012: Animal Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 1.5 to 4.8.
December 09, 2012: Animal Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 1.4 to 3.2.

and I checked your dates in November and they look basically the same. It will be nice and quiet!

Now I am going to check the link that Rich posted up there

December 02, 2012: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 1 to 2.
December 02, 2012: Animal Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 3.7 to 5.3.
December 03, 2012: Animal Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 2.6 to 3.8.
December 05, 2012: Animal Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 2.1 to 3.6.
December 05, 2012: Epcot is no longer a park to avoid.
December 05, 2012: Animal Kingdom is now a park to avoid.
December 06, 2012: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 2 to 3.
December 06, 2012: Animal Kingdom is no longer a best park.
December 06, 2012: Animal Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 1.2 to 3.2.
December 07, 2012: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 2 to 3.
December 07, 2012: Animal Kingdom is now a best park.
December 07, 2012: Animal Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 1.1 to 2.9.
December 08, 2012: Animal Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 1.5 to 4.8.
December 09, 2012: Animal Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 1.4 to 3.2.

and I checked your dates in November and they look basically the same. It will be nice and quiet!

Now I am going to check the link that Rich posted up there

Please save yourself the time. The source I use only goes 4, max 5 months in advance.

Hi Can you explain what the “points mean” on the rating? I’m not familiar with this so I have no clue what 1.2 or 3.1 means. Thanks so much—

I just have always gone by guide books and when WDW considers value times for lower attendance. :slight_smile:

Yup I noticed that the plan is only good from 2009? to July 2012.

Dee, crowds the week before Thanksgiving and the week after into mid December are light. Very light.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1106043]Hi Can you explain what the “points mean” on the rating? I’m not familiar with this so I have no clue what 1.2 or 3.1 means. Thanks so much—

I just have always gone by guide books and when WDW considers value times for lower attendance. :)[/QUOTE]

Well, it’s a scale from 1 to 10. 10 meaning the park is FULL. Go from there. anything under a 6 is comfortable in my opinion. But, I have only ever been when the crowd level was around 2 which means there are enough people in the parks to make it come alive but not enough to have lines longer than 10 minutes, no fastpass needed most times.

This crowd calendar is from the Unofficial Guide.

Thanks. I understand now…just have never seen it that may but it certainly makes sense.

Yes of course. Glad I could help. If you have specific dates, I’ll get that for you too.

Numbers aside, we’ve done several post-Thanksgiving trips. If you get to the parks just before opening, you will find all the major attractions are walk-ons. My family knows we can do all of Fantasyland–including doing Winnie & Peter twice–in just 90 minutes.

By mid-afternoon, lines are longer, but if you grab fast passes early in the morning, you can start working those in the afternoon. In 6 trips, I’ve never stood in line for more than 10 minutes–except for Fantasmic.

Will you check my dates?? We go when we can go so I have never looked into crowd levels before. You have me curious now though! :huh:
April 28-May 5. Thanks Iris!

[QUOTE=alilmagical32;1106110]Will you check my dates?? We go when we can go so I have never looked into crowd levels before. You have me curious now though! :huh:
April 28-May 5. Thanks Iris![/QUOTE]

I hate to tell you Megan, the crowd levels start at 6 and go up to 7 and 8. Nothing below 6.

Eek! Maybe I should have stayed curious! :laugh:
I’m happy to go whenever we can-- we will survive the crowds.
I’m hoping with Easter being a bit earlier this year than it was last year that it will have calmed down a little. Either way, we will have fun!

Thanks for checking. . . .and so promptly!

[QUOTE=alilmagical32;1106112]Eek! Maybe I should have stayed curious! :laugh:
I’m happy to go whenever we can-- we will survive the crowds.
I’m hoping with Easter being a bit earlier this year than it was last year that it will have calmed down a little. Either way, we will have fun!

Thanks for checking. . . .and so promptly![/QUOTE]

I have a coworker going over Easter. I didn’t say anything, but I know he’s going to come back complaining about the long lines. I’m telling you, once you’ve gone in the office season, you wonder why anyone would subject themselves to hour long lines for 5 minute rides–Dumbo & Barnstormer!

the crowd level for that time frame average between a 3 and a 6 with a six being over the weekends.

Hate to tell you, but today Dumbo and Barnstormer were 45 minutes…each. :tongue: