Crowd levels

Holy moley, now that the announcement has been made that the new Fantasyland will be revealed on Dec 6, the crowd level per Touring Plans has drastically changed.
for our trip, the numbers have doubled. Still only level 4 for most days but on Dec. 8th, it’s up to an 8 :eek:

You can bet I am standing in line to sprint over to FL and see it for the first time on opening day. Mike will be hanging back (I think) because he thinks that I am crazy anyway :blink:
Me crazy??? :wacko:

[QUOTE=Dopey;1119415]Holy moley, now that the announcement has been made that the new Fantasyland will be revealed on Dec 6, the crowd lever per Touring Plans has drastically changed.
for our trip, the numbers have doubled. Still only level 4 for most days but on Dec. 8th, it’s up to an 8 :eek:

You can bet I am standing in line to sprint over to FL and see it for the first time on opening day. Mike will be hanging back (I think) because he thinks that I am crazy anyway :blink:
Me crazy??? :wacko:[/QUOTE]

…I’m not surprised at this info…but sorry the crowd predictions went up…the level is going to range from high to medium while we are there…but…we have been there when every park was jammed pack for New Years Eve and again on July 4th…it wouldn’t stop us from going…I’m excited for you to see it and report back here!!! We will only get a tease…

Now see, we are not use to any kind of crowds. I am going to put on my body armor to get through the 6th of Dec.

…we’ve been during both extreme levels…dead and packed…I definitely would rather have the place to myself, however even when packed, with planning and enough days there…it’s not so bad…the bad part about being extremely crowded is getting out of the park and onto your bus…we tend to wait it out a bit in the shops on those days…let the crowds surge towards the buses. I think this is worst in the MK because they “squeeze” you down into the two openings under the train station just to exit…sorry rambling here…

Some day I hope to experience the parks when they are slow. I’m a little jealous of those of you who don’t have to sweat all day and plan around huge crowds.

I think that it will be crowded just for that new area, and I think it might take a long time for the crowd levels to go back down.

I would definitely get there early, and then send us pictures please!

Yes…those low crowd days are gone for us too now…so I can empathize with you…

Stephanie, we usually go 10 days before Thanksgiving. And leave the Tuesday before the holiday. The last time had enough time to go to MK for an hour or so and I could not believe the crowds that morning.

I suffer from “crowdphobia” It’s a feeling like claustrophobia except there is body odor and cheap clothing attached to my disease :laugh:

I am not shocked by the change in crowd projections - it’s a pretty exciting event. That being said, crowds or not, I would love the chance to see that opening ceremony.

Along the line of crowds----I just received an email from “TouringLines” that their predictions for crowd levels have changed during our visit.

It looks like the overall crowd levels have dropped dramatically from their predictions. I wonder what causes this?

The AK crowd level has gone up almost each day…dramatically if I am reading their notes correctly. Whats going on at AK that it jumps from a 2 to a 7 or something like that? And more than one day. The AK has gone from being a best park to one to avoid, and the MK has changed from one to avoid to best park on several days…

Did I miss something new at the AK?

This is all fine with me—AK doesn’t happen to be our favorite park anyway, but I’m just curious what would cause this…

[QUOTE=Dopey;1119438]Stephanie, we usually go 10 days before Thanksgiving. And leave the Tuesday before the holiday. The last time had enough time to go to MK for an hour or so and I could not believe the crowds that morning.

I suffer from “crowdphobia” It’s a feeling like claustrophobia except there is body odor and cheap clothing attached to my disease :laugh:[/QUOTE]

:laugh: Yep, that about sums up every day during our trips.

Truthfully, we have had some fairly low crowds during some of our trips but it’s not the norm for July that’s for sure. There’s been more than one time that we’ve gotten to ride Big Thunder over and over w/o having to get off and go around to get back on.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1119441]Along the line of crowds----I just received an email from “TouringLines” that their predictions for crowd levels have changed during our visit.

It looks like the overall crowd levels have dropped dramatically from their predictions. I wonder what causes this?

The AK crowd level has gone up almost each day…dramatically if I am reading their notes correctly. Whats going on at AK that it jumps from a 2 to a 7 or something like that? And more than one day. The AK has gone from being a best park to one to avoid, and the MK has changed from one to avoid to best park on several days…

Did I miss something new at the AK?

This is all fine with me—AK doesn’t happen to be our favorite park anyway, but I’m just curious what would cause this…[/QUOTE]

The crowd levels for my trip have changed at least 10 times since I signed up. They go up and down and shift. They explain how this works but it’s still just :confused::blink: to me

I don’t understand their explanation either—:laugh: It’s worse than Algebra to me!!!

This is the first email I have received about changes and the first time I’ve used this----

[QUOTE=smallworld;1119454]I don’t understand their explanation either—:laugh: It’s worse than Algebra to me!!!

This is the first email I have received about changes and the first time I’ve used this----[/QUOTE]

It’s my first time too. I don’t really pay attention to anything. But at the time I bought it, I had terrible P.D.D. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

A friend who uses DVC and goes at least once a year—told me this was the best app to use and she can’t live without it. I’m not sure I will even use the whole app—maybe just wait times??? I will let you know after my trip.

I really like the Disney Mobile Magic app for wait times. It’s Disney’s app so it shows the posted wait times and the return times for fast passes. I’ve used several wait times apps and like this one the best. My other apps were only as good as the last reported time.

The best part is it was free. The wait times are only accessible when you’re in the parks but the rest of the app works from home.

All I can say is, “HELLO STUDIOS! HELLO EPCOT! HELLO AK!”

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1119467]I really like the Disney Mobile Magic app for wait times. It’s Disney’s app so it shows the posted wait times and the return times for fast passes. I’ve used several wait times apps and like this one the best. My other apps were only as good as the last reported time.

The best part is it was free. The wait times are only accessible when you’re in the parks but the rest of the app works from home.[/QUOTE]

I have the Disney Magic and I like the ease and look of that…I havent explored it enough to realize it will give wait times once there. DT…does it give you any features at the resorts or just the parks?

The app gave us lifeguard/pool hours, campfire times, health club hours, movie times dining options,gift shops and hours, transportation options, and a map of the resort. T

I’ll probably use that one more than…we’ll see…soon…:smile: