CROWDED at the MK

I was reading on another site that the MK was closed today due to crowd level. It was closed to everyone, even passholders and resort guests… WOW! Also, supposedly it was that crowded at HS as well.
I cannot imagine that it will be crowded in the summer if everyone if there now. Does anyone have any idea about crowd predictions? I know that summer is crowded, but this year seems crazy and hard to predict.

This week of the year is ALWAYS insane. So many people go this week because they are off for Easter and the weather is nice.
Summer is crowded–but nothing like this week. Only around the 4th of July would there be the possibility that the parks would close.

Oh, and we had a friend get back from Disney last week. She goes every year during our schools Spring Break (always the week before Easter) and she said that it was crowded this year but no where near as crowded as it was last year.

Yes, but the news was that 2 parks were closing due to crowd levels… and one was a phase 4- which is supposedly the highest level of closure that they have. They said that it was worse than Christmas crowds… I am well aware of the Easter rush, but it seems like it is more than normal for the week before Easter.

Luckily our Spring Break is the week AFTER Easter. So if we have to go during Spring Break one year, we might see fewer crowds. (wishful thinking…:laugh:)

And I thought if you were a Resort Guest, you were GUARANTEED admission? :confused: I would be REALLY ticked if I saved a year or two for a trip during this week, only to find I couldn’t get into the parks and paid to stay onsite for this reason. :glare:

I was working at DHS today, and it was EXTREMELY CROWDED. MK was indeed closed, as was DAK I believe. In fact, we CMs can’t even use our maingates to grant people access to the parks for the next 2 weeks. I know you guys hate them…BUT I LOVE CROWDS!!!

I might be shooting myself in the foot, but that reminds me: I am the ToonTown Captain tomorrow night, meaning from 4pm-1am I’m in charge of all the Entertainment activity in ToonTown, including working the Princess and Fairy rooms. As well as Mickey and Minnie in the Judge’s Tent. The longest character waits in all of WDW and I’m charge. I might not like crowds so much after I work with those. :laugh:

My friend went last Tues/Wed/Thurs and Fri . . . and she was like “What crowds?” then I read all this . . . :eek: I think my friend is either loopy :blink: or really good at the FP thing!!??:laugh::laugh:

OH and on a side note, she told me when she got her Pooh FP, she got a “SURPRISE” FP with it for philarmagic! She was super excited!! :happy:

rowdy, I think that we love it that other people are there, but it is hard to maneuver through all of the people that stop in the middle of the walkway, etc. It can be frustrating to get around. However, I have been there when I was the only person on the bus (with my family) and it was erie. I do like a fair number of people, just not when it is hard to get around. Crowds are fun, just not wall to wall people. Plus it is hard to be patient when you want to go on your favorite ride, or see your favorite show, or get a spot in the parade… It does make it harder to get through to do what you want (everything…). Thanks for working with all of the people!

Wow! I hate waiting on lines. I’m so glad we decided to go in June instead! We usually go this week to… that’s nuts!!

We were there 3/15 - 3/22. The parks were crowded but nothing like I have seen them during our previous trips over Easter. We waited in a few lines and really picked our must-sees. it worked out very well. I do have to tell you that the lines at the Fastpass distributions for Soarin and Toy Story Midway were approximately 30 minutes long 5 minutes after the parks opened. I stood in line like a good mom and made everyone happy. The fastpasses were gone for the day by early afternoon at the latest. When we returned for the attraction we waited maybe 10 minutes. it was so worth it. This trip was about seeing new things and eating at new places. We just didn’t worry about things we have done before. It was the best trip yet out of three.

[QUOTE=hanwill;951414]rowdy, I think that we love it that other people are there, but it is hard to maneuver through all of the people that stop in the middle of the walkway, etc. It can be frustrating to get around. However, I have been there when I was the only person on the bus (with my family) and it was erie. I do like a fair number of people, just not when it is hard to get around. Crowds are fun, just not wall to wall people. [\QUOTE]

Want the truth? Only reasons why I love crowds? A. Job security. B. Love entertaining thousands at one time on parade route. That’s it.

I forgot to mention that we tried a different approach this trip which seemed to help with crowd control. We avoided the EMH parks like the plague. Whichever park had p.m. EMH hours the night before was the one we would hit. We went back to our resort after dinner and swam and just tried to decompress!!!

we were there at the same time, the 18th -25th & we also had the best trip ever!! we skipped some of the things that we didnt do last time & our trip was just so ‘realaxed’…well, as relaxed as it could be at disney!!

i like this approach too.

This could be totally off, but I tend to think that Disney is staffing less people due to lower crowds and the bad economy and hence has to allow fewer people in.

Park closing of that magnatitude hardly ever happens and I spent this week in the Parks with family last year, and didnt even think crowds were that crazy. New Years and 4th of July were waaay worse.

I don’t know. Just a thought!

Wow. That’s insane! I’m happy to know I switched from Easter to a Sept trip. I was in MK on NYE and they were shut down by 2. Thank god the kids wanted to leave and hit the pool

I was working at DHS today and it was insanely crowded. I was pretty shocked to hear MK was closed due to capacity. Today was one of the most crowded days I’d ever seen. I really hopes this means some job security.

Hey Rowdy! I thought I saw you today at Take Five.

For some reason, that entire statement (well maybe except the last sentence. lol) just made soo jealous that I’m not working in Disney! I want to work in princess and fairy rooms… :blush: lol. Hang in there! :mickey:

:blink: Glad to hear that the parks are doing well. Also glad that I am not there this week! :happy: