Crowds during Halloween week

I am thinking of booking Oct. 25th through Oct. 31st in order to take advantage of the free dining package, rather a week earlier (Oct. 18th through the 24th.) I’m wondering how the crowds will be during that time, and versus the earlier week. I’ve never been during this time of the year.

We have went a couple of time during this week the crowds are not as bad as one might think. However, the MNSSHP the closer it gets to Halloween the busier they get. That all being said that is still the most favorite time for our family to be at the world but now that the girls are in high school and junior high this is no longer an option for us for a vacation we have to go when the schools are out on break.

We have went a couple of time during this week the crowds are not as bad as one might think. However, the MNSSHP the closer it gets to Halloween the busier they get. That all being said that is still the most favorite time for our family to be at the world but now that the girls are in high school and junior high this is no longer an option for us for a vacation we have to go when the schools are out on break.

Zoomaster, thanks for your input. I went ahead and booked because the discounts were too good to pass up. This is our honeymoon, and we don’t have kids yet, so we have no restrictions as to when we can go, except that we can’t go during holiday time (Nov. 1st through Jan. 1st). We both work retail, so that’s a blackout time as far as taking vacations off of work.

We have tickets the the MNSSHP on Oct. 27th, really close to Halloween, but it’s cool. I’m looking forward to it, no matter what the crowds look like that night.

You’ll do better crowd wise with Tuesday night parties.
That’s generally been our rule. Our anniversary is Oct 22, so we’re usually in WDW sometime between 10/19 and 10/25. Crowds aren’t too bad, but I would suggest making fast pass reservations for the more popular stuff sooner rather than later. One thing though, many years, our vacation has coincided with a multi day PGA tournament.

As soon as I can, I will be making those fast pass reservations as soon as I can. I’m still not too thrilled about pre-planning my vacation that much. I’m more of a fly-by-the-seat, pick which park we are going to that day when we wake up in the morning kind of person. Alas, these are necessary now, much like dining reservations. I’ve never even made dining reservations beforehand in trips past, but I know I’m going to have to do this as well. I learned that lesson last time I went. I wanted to eat at Coral Reef, but couldn’t cause they were all booked up. We made reservations for the next day while we were there, and actually called and pushed them back to the following day, and it all worked out in the end.

You will love the Halloween party. It’s a fun atmosphere. Be sure to see the parade- it is different for Halloween. Also, if you are planning on making any dining reservations for that night, I would suggest doing it before 4, so that you can get to everything that is new and different for that party. There is a lot to do. Have fun!

You will love the Halloween party. It’s a fun atmosphere. Be sure to see the parade- it is different for Halloween. Also, if you are planning on making any dining reservations for that night, I would suggest doing it before 4, so that you can get to everything that is new and different for that party. There is a lot to do. Have fun!