Crowds in mid July

Ok, I am getting really nervous about going in mid July to WDW:eek: We normally go in mid May and the crowds are not bad. We have no choice this year but to go in July. With our new DDIL being a teacher and DS also in high school until mid to late June, pushed us into July. There was no way we wanted to be there during 4th of July. Then August was out with DSS & DDIL’s 1st wedding anniversary (8/6) and DS has football camp beginning mid August so now August is out. That left mid to late July so we opted for mid July.

Anyway, I was looking back at park times and EMH days of 2009 and 2010 trying to figure out ADR’s. With that, I noticed the parks staying open much, much later and started to hyperventilate, not really:pinch:

So really, how are the crowds in mid July?? Are they managable?? I actually mentioned to DH that maybe we should use the Unofficial Guide’s touring plans and maybe use the morning EMH’s. We have never had to deal with crowds before, as you can tell:crying:

Please tell me it will be ok!!!

I believe the crowds start to fall off after the 4th of July, but woo wee it’s going to be hot! I’m a teacher too, but I take my personal days and go in the winter. I can’t take the heat or crowds so I opt for Nov, early Dec or Jan.

We usually go in late July and it’s crowded but very you will still be able to do everything you want to do with good planning. We are always at the parks at rope drop and usually take a break to cool off in the afternoon then go back out for dinner. We also use a lot of fastpasses, they help a lot. I won’t lie to you–it’s HOT, really HOT–did I mention it’s HOT? We use the shops and rides to cool off as much as we can and just keep going.

We have been many times in June, July and August. The trick to WDW survival is as follows: Accept it, Deal with it, and Enjoy it. The heat that is. You cannot control it. We have hit times that the temp and humiditywas the same in April, March, September and October. It’s just that the temp during the middle summer months does not cool off many nights.

Drink plenty of water, juice and electrolite beverages. A few soda’s are ok and the occasional adult bev, but don’t over do it. We find the small gatorade and crystal lite packets added to a refilled water bottle work great.

We usually avoid EMH unless we are there during the summer. Then even I will hit the AM EMH, go back to the resort, and hit the PM EMH to take advantage of the longer open hours.

Bring lots of t shirts and shorts. If you change clothes over the mid day break you will empty a suitcase quickly. This is were DVC comes in really handy w/ the W/D units.

Lines can be long, but plan well. If you are used to the location of your favorites it them first (or last at PM EMH) and take your time. Some of the best people watching can be done along Main Street after Wishes. Look at all of the dead tired parents with kids hanging off their arms after trying to commando MK with a 3 y/o. I feel so sorry that they did not do there research before arriving in the World.

We went the middle of July this year and as for crowd levels, to be honest if you took the Brazillians out it wasn’t any worse than last Oct during F&W. The only ride exceptions were Splash and Kali River. Those were REALLY crowded. Do amEMH, FP early, work around the groups and you should be fine.

The temps didn’t bother us at all after the first day there. We climatized after that, but then again it wasn’t too different than home.

It will be OK, I mean…you’re at Disney, right! :happy:

That’s the key to it all.

DW and I are both teachers so we have had to take trips in June and July several times. I agree with Pam&Rich. Accept it, deal with it, and enjoy it. Yes, the parks have been packed when we were there but it is manageable. Since you are on MB I am sure you know a thing or two about the parks. Use the tricks that you know, take advantage of the super late (between 1am - 3am is best) EMH, and you will be fine. Just be prepared to deal with a lot of strollers, people stopping in the walkways, and people who dont know the tricks you know. :smile: Make ADRs as early as possible. It is rare to walk up to a counter and find an opening (with a couple of exceptions, like Germany) Enjoy and we just might be there at the same time!:mickey:

We’ve gone twice at the end of June/Early July and we loved it. The heat was intense, but Disney has the lines cooled down so much it didn’t cause much of a problem.

As far as the crowds, we liked it much more than going in January when there weren’t many people, because there was an air of excitement with the crowds. I would just make sure to hit Dumbo (if it’s on your list of priorities), Splash and Space mountain in the morning when you first get there. Same with TSM at HS and EE at AK and Soarin’ at Epcot.

I wouldn’t worry. We loved it at this time of year. You’ll be fine as long as you have a basic plan for how you are doing the parks.

[QUOTE=jen9804;1060176]We’ve gone twice at the end of June/Early July and we loved it. The heat was intense, but Disney has the lines cooled down so much it didn’t cause much of a problem.

As far as the crowds, we liked it much more than going in January when there weren’t many people, because there was an air of excitement with the crowds. I would just make sure to hit Dumbo (if it’s on your list of priorities), Splash and Space mountain in the morning when you first get there. Same with TSM at HS and EE at AK and Soarin’ at Epcot.

I wouldn’t worry. We loved it at this time of year. You’ll be fine as long as you have a basic plan for how you are doing the parks.[/QUOTE]

I just have to bring my own excitement in January! haha :laugh:

I was feeling the same way as you are before our trip this past June. We had newbies with us and I was worried we’d be stretched too thin and not get to do everything (like that’s possible anyway!). It turned out to be so much better than I thought it was going to be. We were there the last week in June, which I would think would be the same as going mid-July.

You are an experienced Disney goer, so use all the smarts you’ve built up and all will go well. We ended up doing everything that were must do’s and most of the other stuff too. Go early, take a break in the afternoon, and go back in the evening. USE FASTPASSES! It is very hot, but to be honest, I didn’t really notice it. It definitely didn’t bother me. Disney has so many places to cool off and does such a great job of cooling down lines.

Once you get there, you will be sorry you ever worried about it. It’s not nearly as bad as you think. I was basically hyperventilating before we went and I was very pleasently surprised at the crowd levels.

I had to go to DW last year in June for a conference and I can’t imagine the heat not bothering people. There were days that were so hot that we had to stay in. Even in DTD going between shops I was getting sick in the heat, and I play outdoor sports in the summer. AK seems to be the worst, maybe because the vegetation prevents the air from moving, but my mom was getting very sick. We saw a few people receiving medical attention due to heat exhaustion. I suggest drinking a lot of water and stopping at cooling stations when available. I just don’t want to vacation in that kind of heat.

We were there in mid July 2009. Thought the crowds were manageable and the weather was fantastic! I am beginning to believe that there are no times that the parks are not full of people :laugh:

Thanks all! I guess I am so spoiled with not really having to deal with the crowds and heat. I am hoping the hours will be posted for July this weekend so I can finalize our plans with the meals and parks.

We’ve all been to the world many times with the exception of our DDIL. It will be a first for us to do the a.m. EMH. We decided we would try it to see how it works for us. The p.m. EMH we are familiar with, thank goodness.

With the waiting game, it just gives you more time to think and think, then think again. Did I plan it right? Should I change this or that? How will the crowds be? The weather, etc. It’s crazy!!!

We live it every day. 95 and 90% humidity is normal July-Aug.

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1060148]We have been many times in June, July and August. The trick to WDW survival is as follows: Accept it, Deal with it, and Enjoy it. The heat that is. You cannot control it. We have hit times that the temp and humiditywas the same in April, March, September and October. It’s just that the temp during the middle summer months does not cool off many nights.

Drink plenty of water, juice and electrolite beverages. A few soda’s are ok and the occasional adult bev, but don’t over do it. We find the small gatorade and crystal lite packets added to a refilled water bottle work great.

We usually avoid EMH unless we are there during the summer. Then even I will hit the AM EMH, go back to the resort, and hit the PM EMH to take advantage of the longer open hours.

Bring lots of t shirts and shorts. If you change clothes over the mid day break you will empty a suitcase quickly. This is were DVC comes in really handy w/ the W/D units.

Lines can be long, but plan well. If you are used to the location of your favorites it them first (or last at PM EMH) and take your time. Some of the best people watching can be done along Main Street after Wishes. Look at all of the dead tired parents with kids hanging off their arms after trying to commando MK with a 3 y/o. I feel so sorry that they did not do there research before arriving in the World.[/QUOTE]

Rich is right. Plan and you will succeed. I went this past June, and always have gone in the summer. We used the EMH at MK that were til 2AM. It worked out well with us. We were able to ride POTC, HM, Jungle Cruise, and shop while everyone else stood around and watched the last parade.

I’m a Florida native in Southwest Fl, where it just got cold a few wks ago. I’m used to the heat, and did WDW very hugely pregnant in July 08. I survived by resting when possible, browsing through stores when I was unable to go on rides (Which was 9 times out of 10 I had to skip the ride.) and drinking lots of water, frozen drinks, and yes even soda. That caffeine helped this (now ex) prego survive those 5 days.

If you have PH’s, use them to your advantage. We skipped out of the parks sometimes to go to the hotel to swim, we also used the monorail, buses, and boats to cool off and relax and just wandered from station to station hitting each park just to rest. In fact we did that this last trip also.

I also agree w/ subtracting the Brazilians, the crowds weren’t that bad.

I just have one thing to say BRAZIL…

I’ve been there a couple of times in July, plus worked there during July, and yes it is very busy but not really unpleasantly so. The queues for the popular rides are big, but with a bit of organisation they are managable. Just go there first thing in the morning and make the most of the fastpasses and you’ll be alright. Have a great time!

:eek:We love Disney but Florida in July is just unbearable. We travel to WDW every year in November when the weather is cool and the crowds are low.