Crowds Now

Any update on what the crowd levels have been like now? I somehow talked my DW into a last minute family trip starting on August 6th. It’s a short one but short beat none! :cool:

Man, I have not posted here in a while but it is nice to be back reading some of your post!! :biggrin:

No idea on the crowds but congrats on the trip!!!

Thanks. I have a sickness and I am seeking no cures! :whistling

I search for a cure with each trip but leave in worse condition than when I first arrived…I think I need to find a Disney support group…:biggrin:

We just left WDW Friday afternoon, crowds were pretty typical for July. We didn’t wait in any long line but we know to get to the parks early and use fastpass for everything we can. Our longest line was Jungle Cruise at about 25 minutes. The big attractions had 45-60+ minute waits but we could always make a fastpass work if we wanted to do the ride.

Our busiest park was EMH at MK one night. We returned to MK knowing it was evening EMH but we weren’t planning to stay late, just go in and do what we wanted and leave at some point. However, the park was so crowded we didn’t do a lot and we didn’t stick around. I’m sure if we had stayed past midnight we would have seen the crowds drop a lot but we just didn’t have it in us that night.

Over all, the crowds weren’t awful but the parks were still pretty busy.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1042544]We just left WDW Friday afternoon, crowds were pretty typical for July. We didn’t wait in any long line but we know to get to the parks early and use fastpass for everything we can. Our longest line was Jungle Cruise at about 25 minutes. The big attractions had 45-60+ minute waits but we could always make a fastpass work if we wanted to do the ride.

Our busiest park was EMH at MK one night. We returned to MK knowing it was evening EMH but we weren’t planning to stay late, just go in and do what we wanted and leave at some point. However, the park was so crowded we didn’t do a lot and we didn’t stick around. I’m sure if we had stayed past midnight we would have seen the crowds drop a lot but we just didn’t have it in us that night.

Over all, the crowds weren’t awful but the parks were still pretty busy.[/QUOTE]

Thanks DisneyTeacher - how has the weather been? Is it “Africa Hot”?

Hotter!

We only had rain one day, the day Bonnie moved through, but it was really hot. Evenings were nice but still pretty warm. We almost always go in the summer so we expect it to be hot, I think I just forget how hot it is.

Thanks - sounds pretty normal for this time of year! I guess I was hoping for a surprise (a cool one). :whistling

So was I but it didn’t happen. We were fine with the heat but a little cooler weather would have been nice.

No, it’s Orlando summer hot:fork_off:, which means it’s about 4-5 degrees warmer than South Florida because there is no sea breeze in the center of the state.

OK, pretty darn hot! :fork_off:

i LOVE walking into a freezing cold room after being trapped in disney heat…

a disney hotel room i mean!

We just got back and it was sooo hot!!! the crowds were decent the longest ride we waited for was toy story mania Have a blast!!

[QUOTE=skwak;1042533]Any update on what the crowd levels have been like now? I somehow talked my DW into a last minute family trip starting on August 6th. It’s a short one but short beat none! :cool:

Man, I have not posted here in a while but it is nice to be back reading some of your post!! :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

My cousin has the I phone and the App for Walt disney world it tells you everything. I talked to her this afternoon she said MK closed at 10:15 this morning due to over crowding and HS was closed at the same time. Crowds must be heavy. Long wait times for rides too.:noo:

The Parks were CLOSED, that can’t be right?

Don’t tell me they closed parks!!! We go next week!!!

Closed parks in August, that doesn’t sound right?

Of course it could be that I am wishing I had not heard that!

[QUOTE=skwak;1042732]Closed parks in August, that doesn’t sound right?

Of course it could be that I am wishing I had not heard that![/QUOTE]

We’ve always gone in the summer (never over the 4th of July) and have never once seen the parks closed.

We didn’t see those kinds of crowds last week, not even close. In fact, the stand by lines weren’t all that bad.