CRT Dinner

Is dinner at Cinderella’s Royal Table worth 2 dining points?

We are trying to find somewhere to eat the night of our MNSSHP…I’d like to eat in the park…but…We do not want a character meal and I’ve heard some not so fresh things about Tony’s.

Would we be better off hopping the monorail to Ohanas?

Bella -
As much as I can’t believe that I am going to say this, I just have to. I seriosuly can’t see it being worth two points. I love the castle meals, but would much rather head over to CP or something of the like. Why waste another table service? I can see doing it for a dinner show, but the castle, nahhh.

I agree with Dana. We ate there on Christmas Day for dinner and weren’t really too impressed. I just don’t see it being worth 2 meals on the meal plan.

I don’t see it, either. Yes, it’s cool to eat in the castle. But other than that, the food wasn’t all that special and our service was extremely perfunctory.

I love the 'Ohana experience. I vote for that.

Me TOO! :heart:

Another vote for 'Ohana.

You and the dave didn’t like o’hanna did you? I can’t remember if that was you or not, but I remember someone not really caring for it…how about Whispering Canyon? You can hop the boat over to WL.

Yeah that was me…but then we went again in Feb and fell in love…

Do you think California Grill is worth 2 points?

I would give my vote for Ohana’s too. I dream about that place on a nightly basis!!!

Double check this, Bella. I THINK 2 dining points is for breakfast and dinner, not supper, which is character-less.

Bella, I just checked and it is 2 for dinner as well as breakfast and lunch! We had breakfast on christmas morning (it was only 1 then) And as much as it is nice it’s not worth 2! Go to O’hanna’s before the party, we did this before our second christmas Party.

If you want to stay in the park, have you thought about LTT? I know it’s a character meal, but I bet maybe you could tell your waitperson that you prefer no character interaction. My next vote would be WCC, Artist Point, or O’hana.

If you are looking for something simple, have you thought about Trails End Buffet at Fort Wilderness? After dinner, you could take a hayride and watch the fireworks and water parade from the beach.

No, it sure isn’t worth two points. If I were going to use two points, I’d go to Narcoossee’s at the Grand Floridian. Characters or no, you can’t go wrong with the selection and quality of food at Crystal Palace. Tony’s IS ok, just not excellent and you have to be in the mood for their menu. If CRT was only one point, I’d say go, we ate dinner there in October on a Magic Hour night so by the time we finished our meal, itself after Wishes, we had a good deal of the park to ourselves. Liberty Tree Tavern doesn’t even appeal to me.

If you aren’t in the mood for a heavy meal,try The Plaza right next to the ice cream shop on Main Street. They have the best burgers in WDW!!!

I agree, I wouldn’t use two points for the CRT. Catch the monorail and use the 2 points at the California Grill and then watch the fireworks!

I agree–not worth two points. For two dining points you can get the California Grill. Make your reservation before MK fireworks and you get to watch them from the balcony before your dessert. Awesome (restaurant and fireworks)!

We’ve never eaten in the castle and just booked dinner there in October on the dining plan. I’m not too worried about using 2 table service points because we’re pretty sure we’ll be stuffed from all the eating we’ll be doing on the dining plan as it is! And after looking at the menus for the other 2-pointers near the MK, we decided that wanting to eat in the castle won out over those menus (not sophisticated eaters, we). We’re already booked at our favorite restaurants (including 'Ohana and Le Cellier twice), so we wanted to take the gamble on the castle.

Just to add another perspective…

UGH . . . how disheartening. I’m reading this prepared to say its not worth 2 points unless its really special. DW and I are visiting with Laney and grandparents and dining at CRT exactly 5 years to the day of our Honeymoon “special” dinner. So to me its worth it though tough to swallow.

Because Delaneys Grandparents spoil the crud out of her we will be dining there for breakfast as well one day. Hence the disheatening - 4 pts per person!? I think we may pay cash one trip.

I forgot. We did the CRT character lunch and because it wasn’t really a bargain for two points on the meal, we just paid cash.

CRT has changed it’s menu since October of last year. Instead of lunch and dinner being menu based pricing, it’s now a fixed price package that seems to include photographs.
From AllEarsNet.com:
"A Fairytale Lunch with Characters

Noon to 3 p.m. Daily

Adults $33.99

Children 3-9 $22.99

As of February 1, 2006, Cinderella’s Royal Table Lunch
remains a Disney Princess-themed character meal.
However, when you arrive at Cinderella Castle for your reservation,
a photographer will be on hand to take pictures of your group in the lobby,
before you are seated in the dining room.
A package with four 4x6 prints and one 6x8 print of your photo,
as well as one 6x8 print of Cinderella Castle,
in a Cinderella photo holder (valued at $29.95 plus tax)
will be delivered to you during your meal,
which will be from a fixed-price, set menu.
(One photo package per party of 4;
two photo packages for parties of 5-8, etc.)

Additional photos may be purchased.

This is a Signature Dining Experience
which takes two Table Service credits when using the
Magic Your Way Dining Plan.

Adults: $39.99

Children 3-9: $24.99

As of February 1, 2006, Cinderella’s Royal Table Dinner
is a fixed-price, set meal, hosted by the Fairy Godmother,
who will lead the observance of special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries.

When you arrive at Cinderella Castle for your reservation,
a photographer will be on hand to take pictures of your group in the lobby,
before you are seated in the dining room.
A package with four 4x6 prints and one 6x8 print of your photo,
as well as one 6x8 print of Cinderella Castle,
in a Cinderella photo holder (valued at $29.95 plus tax)
will be delivered to you during your meal,
which will be from a fixed-price, set menu.
(One photo package per party of 1-4;
two photo packages for parties of 5-8, etc.)

In addition, you will receive a special,
unframed, unmatted lithograph (worth $50),
given exclusively to diners at Cinderella’s Royal Table Dinner.

This is a Signature Dining Experience
which takes two Table Service credits when using the
Magic Your Way Dining Plan."
This is not what we had in October!
Compare this to Crystal Palace:
"An All You Can Eat Character Meal
Join Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore for Dinner

Menu Items Change Often
Dinner Hours 4 p.m. - Depends on Park Closing Time

COST: $27.99/Adults, $12.99 Children ages 3-9

Admission into the Magic Kingdom is required"