Cruising with a Toddler

Hello!

Its been forever since I posted here. Hope you are all well!
We are planning our very first cruise on the Disney Dream for this upcoming May.

We have never been on a cruise. And our daughter will be 18 months at the time we go.

She’s been to Disneyworld 3 times, but she was a younger baby, and we travelled with family, so it was a relatively painless experience for the most part.

But we all know how challenging (and wonderful!) toddlers can be.
Has anyone here cruised with a Toddler before? Any suggestions on things she might enjoy on the ship or at Castaway Cay?

Getting excited!

[QUOTE=MickeyMcFizzle;1062322]Hello!

Its been forever since I posted here. Hope you are all well!
We are planning our very first cruise on the Disney Dream for this upcoming May.

We have never been on a cruise. And our daughter will be 18 months at the time we go.

She’s been to Disneyworld 3 times, but she was a younger baby, and we travelled with family, so it was a relatively painless experience for the most part.

But we all know how challenging (and wonderful!) toddlers can be.
Has anyone here cruised with a Toddler before? Any suggestions on things she might enjoy on the ship or at Castaway Cay?

Getting excited![/QUOTE]

Hi MickeyMcF! No advice just wanted to say how are you and I can’t believe your Princess is growing up so fast! Where did that time go?
You must come back and give us a TR when you’ve been on the Disney Dream. Your experiences may be really helpful for other families travelling with toddlers. Great to see you:heart:

Flounder’s reef nursery is what I believe they call the children’s area for your toddler. Our first Disney cruise my youngest was 3 so not quite the same. They have characters walking around on the ship and all types of activities. I am sure the beach day will be great, sand for making messes, water for little toes, and sun to make them sleepy.

Hi Fizzlesticks, so good to see you. I bet you’ve been busy with that cute, little girl.

Me being me, I would never undertake such a “project” I am sure someone will be along shortly who will tell me that I am not normal :laugh:

Post some pictures of your princess!

My kids have been on many cruises and I always found it easy! Take advantage of the kids clubs!! I have never been on Disney, but I know that at 2 you can drop them off at Carnival!!

[QUOTE=Dopey;1062370].

Me being me, I would never undertake such a “project” I am sure someone will be along shortly who will tell me that I am not normal :laugh:

[/QUOTE]

You’re not normal. (I didn’t want to disappoint you).:laugh:

Hello McFizz! I can’t believe your little girl is already a toddler! Can’t give you any advice, except to say that Disney Cruises are wonderful and hope you’ll come back and give us a trip report.

[QUOTE=Dopey;1062370]Hi Fizzlesticks, so good to see you. I bet you’ve been busy with that cute, little girl.

Post some pictures of your princess![/QUOTE]

Oh, no. I wouldn’t do it.

I’d be just too afraid she’d fall overboard.

I know that’s totally laughable… but there it is. :laugh:

[QUOTE=llama;1062445]You’re not normal. (I didn’t want to disappoint you).:laugh:

[/QUOTE]
We all have always been able to count on you, dear Llamaramadama. Thank you :tongue:

We took my youngest DD on a cruise at 11 1/2 months. It wasn’t a Disney cruise, it was carnival, so it obviously won’t be the same. I’m sure Disney will have more for children. She did great! We basically just made sure we brought some toys with us to keep her busy when we were in the room. Otherwise, there was more than enough to keep her busy on the ship itself. They did the have carnival kids club, which my older DD (4 at the time) wanted to go to, so we let her do an hour or so there each day, but I did not send my youngest DD, I just felt more comfortable having her with us, considering how young she was.
I’m sure you will have a great time!

Hey McFizz! I have not been on vacation with Jillian yet, so I have no advice, but I just have to say that I am JEALOUS!!! Gabbi will love it! I can’t wait to hear all about it!

Thanks all. I think it will be fun. I am definitely going to bring some toys!

Cosmic, I wish you and Jillian and Tim could come with us! I was actually thinking of asking another couple with a toddler to come so we could trade off, lol.

Andrea, don’t scare me with the overboard thing! I’m already terrified of that but I’ve been assured that there are many many safe places for kids on the ship.

Thanks NJmommy for sharing your experience! I dont think I will drop Gabbi off at the kids club since she is so young, but it would be great to bring her down there to play.

Apparently they have that nursery but I’m pretty sure I wont be able to leave her there, I would just worry the whole time. I read they have a drop in program for families too though.

I’m getting excited!

[QUOTE=MickeyMcFizzle;1062522]

Cosmic, I wish you and Jillian and Tim could come with us! I was actually thinking of asking another couple with a toddler to come so we could trade off, lol.
![/QUOTE]

We would LOVE to be your travel buddies. Stinking unemployment! :angry:

Just an update - we decided not to go on the cruise after all. We want to do some work around the house this spring instead. But the good news is, we are planning a Disneyworld trip for early November for Gabrielle’s second birthday. Excited! Going to be a super planner this time around!

I’m going to try and call this week about booking the villa. So excited. this is really the first trip I’ve “planned” in awhile. The last couple have been pretty loose.