CS Bus Q

Do the busses at Coronado Springs go around the resort and stop at various bus stops or only up front by the lobby?

They go around and hit different stops

They run clockwise with the first stop being the Casitas stop, which is close to Casitas 4 and 5. There are three more stops, the final stop being the main building, before heading on to the destination.
It’s a standard mods/DVC (SSR and OKW) loop. That is, 4 or 5 stops serving only that one resort.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;998035]They run clockwise with the first stop being the Casitas stop, which is close to Casitas 4 and 5. There are three more stops, the final stop being the main building, before heading on to the destination.
It’s a standard mods/DVC (SSR and OKW) loop. That is, 4 or 5 stops serving only that one resort.[/QUOTE]

Ah, now I understand why that would make the Casitas a prime spot! First on the bus (get a seat) and first off the bus!

When we stayed at CSR the last time we went they only dropped off around all the stops, they did not pick up. To get picked up you had to go to the front of the resort. Hope that made sense.

Actually, this makes no sense at all.
What you describe forces guests to walk 3/4 of a mile or more from the farthest point to the main building and is unheard of in all of my experience staying at all the mods, values, and deluxe resorts, as well as OKW.

By the way Skwak, if you do get into Casitas, walking to the main building puts you on the bus last, so you might or might not get a seat, but you will get the shortest ride.

Hmmmm, still not sure where we are going to request… :blink:

From my stays at CSR, bus stop 2 (Casitas) 1st, then 3 (Ranchos), then 4 (Cabanas), then 1 the main building. They all pick up and drop off. Unless they have changed, but I don’t think so.

This is how it ran in April.
I’m going to see if it still is in 8 days.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;998118]This is how it ran in April.
I’m going to see if it still is in 8 days.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Soundgod. Please let us know! :phone:

Theme park buses go in this order of bus stops:
2 - Casitas
3 - Ranchos
4 - Cabanas
1 - El Centro

Downtown Disney buses go in this order of bus stops:
1 - El Centro
2 - Casitas
3 - Ranchos
4 - Cabanas

CSR buses go in this order so that guests can hop on board a theme park bus from bus stop 2, 3, or 4 and ride it to the main building. Then you can hop on a DtD bus to get back to your room.

More bus info:
http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/content/trans.htm

[QUOTE=Soundgod;998082]Actually, this makes no sense at all.
What you describe forces guests to walk 3/4 of a mile or more from the farthest point to the main building and is unheard of in all of my experience staying at all the mods, values, and deluxe resorts, as well as OKW.

By the way Skwak, if you do get into Casitas, walking to the main building puts you on the bus last, so you might or might not get a seat, but you will get the shortest ride.[/QUOTE]

Well we where near the main building and I never remember a bus going around the resort picking up people nor was anyone on when the bus came, only on the way back they dropped off.

Or I hope Buzz answered your question :laugh:

[QUOTE=Justin;998164]Well we where near the main building and I never remember a bus going around the resort picking up people nor was anyone on when the bus came, only on the way back they dropped off.

Or I hope Buzz answered your question :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Still not making sense.
The sign Buzz posted clearly states that theme park buses do pick up passengers at all stops.
The running order of the DTD bus doesn’t make sense. At POR/FQ, they run the DTD bus in the opposite direction so that people needing to get to the main buildings faster have an option. Simply making stop 1 the first and stop 4 the last, rather than going 2/3/4/1 doesn’t change much where running 1/4/3/2 would provide the best option.

I don’t know how recent your visit was. I don’t know how recent Buzz’s pictures were. I don’t know if they were operating buses differently because it was Easter week.
I only know that we’re checking in next Wednesday and I’ll know, 100%, how the buses are running by mid afternoon on our check in day.

For you? Sure.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I know wherever we stay will be fine but we are travling with another family so I am trying to make everyone happy! :happy:

The buses have worked that way since day 1. Park buses go to every stop starting with bus stop #2, then 3, then 4 and then 1. The only time they will skip a stop is if the bus is full…and yes, it can and does happen. If you are early risers and like to be at the parks for rope drop, then its not usually an issue. But if you like to sleep in, then you can get caught up in buses skipping stops because they filled up at the other stops (stop #1 would be the worst since it is last).

The DtD buses begin with bus stop #1 simply so guests can catch a ride from El Centro back to bus stop 2, 3 or 4 if you don’t want to walk. It really isn’t the best system but its better than nothing since they discontinued the golf cart shuttles (courtesy coaches) back in March.

[QUOTE=buzz2001;998416]The buses have worked that way since day 1. Park buses go to ever stop starting with bus stop #2, then 3, then 4 and then 1. The only time they will skip a stop is if the bus is full…and yes, it can and does happen. If you are early risers and like to be at the parks for rope drop, then its not usually an issue. But if you like to sleep in, then you can get caught up in buses skipping stops because they filled up at the other stops (stop #1 would be the worst since it is last).

The DtD buses begin with bus stop #1 simply so guests can catch a ride from El Centro back to bus stop 2, 3 or 4 if you don’t want to walk. It really isn’t the best system but its better than nothing since they discontinued the golf cart shuttles (courtesy coaches) back in March.[/QUOTE]

Great Website, Thanks!!