CS meals, tell me your favorites

We’ve planned a quick two day trip to the world, we’ll be doing this as cheap as we can. This will be our first time going without having the DDP, we’re going to do all CS. We’ve let the kids choose which park to visit and they picked Epcot and MK. Tell me your favorite CS meals at these parks, please only include meals that do not include fried food…we’re looking for something different.

Casey’s & Columbia Harbor House at MK - you can do the tuna sandwich (haven’t tried it but have heard it’s good).

SUnshine seasons at Epcot will have a lot of non fried food. I love Tangerienne cafe in Morocco too! How about Yaki Tori House in Japan?

Have fun!!

HI. For DW and I, we’d vote:

MK = Harbor House and Casey’s
EP = Tangerine Cafe and Biergarten

Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming. Is there a CS Sushi place in Epcot?

[QUOTE=emamasa;1074454] How about Yaki Tori House in Japan?

Have fun!![/QUOTE]

I just checked out Yakitori House in Japan, this is exactly what I’m looking for…we LOVE sushi. I think we definitely will be eating here for lunch or dinner or maybe both!

Columbia House in MK - I know “tuna salad sandwich” doesn’t sound like exciting “park” food - but it is really unbelievably good!

In Epcot we like the Sunshine Seasons because of the selections and the fish’n chip counter in the UK. Love Boulangerie in France for quiche and a glass of wine. Haven’t tried it yet, but am anxious to try the new Mexican CS.

[QUOTE=Big Al;1074463]HI. For DW and I, we’d vote:

MK = Harbor House and Casey’s
EP = Tangerine Cafe and Biergarten[/QUOTE]

Biergarten is Germanys table restaurant, their cs is called Sommerfest. Get the cheesecake. YUM!!!

I:heart::heart::heart:the pretzels at the QS in Germany and DH loves the brats there too!! My co-worker just came back from an Easter trip at the world and they said the new pizzeria in Italy was great!! I know that the restaurant itself isn’t a QS but it seems they are testing a QS kiosk offering pizza by the slice and if they keep it that would count as QS and be a great option.

We also love Columbia Harbor House in Mk they have wraps and sandwiches.

I know this is not in either park but if you find yourself in DTD try Wolf gang Puck Express. we make it a habit now to eat there every trip.

Peco Bills is a big hit for dh and the boys. They have a “fixin” bar with grilled onions and mushrooms for the burgers. They also have great chicken wraps. It’s totally huge table wise, so even though it will look crowded, there is always a table to be found.

For Epcot, the one place we always end up with is the fish and chips at UK, but with you mentioning nothing fried, I guess I shouldn’t recommend. China’s cs was really good.

I agree - WPE is a step above “counter-service”. The food is really well-prepared and very good. The salads are ourstanding. Also delicious is Earl of Sandwich. I dream about “The Original”.

I really do love Tangierine Cafe at Epcot (which I hesitate to say, as expressing that opinion once before resulted in being told how unsophisticated and backwoods I must be to think that it’s anything special). But I think it’s delicious- especially their couscous and hummus. OH- I want some right now. :happy:

I also agree that Sunshine Seasons is a nice choice.

DH had Earl of Sandwich yesterday and he’s still drooling over the memory. You know… it’s just sandwiches… but how can they be so AMAZINGLY GOOD? Now I need a sandwich, too. Like llama, bring me an Original, stat. :laugh:

mmmm, Wolf Gang Puck Express and Earl are both yummy :slight_smile:

of course, you can also just do ghiradelli’s for lunch, lol!

[QUOTE=emamasa;1074513]

of course, you can also just do ghiradelli’s for lunch, lol![/QUOTE]

Now THAT is some good thinking. :happy:

[QUOTE=emamasa;1074513]mmmm, Wolf Gang Puck Express and Earl are both yummy :slight_smile:

of course, you can also just do ghiradelli’s for lunch, lol![/QUOTE]

My DH would totally go for that :laugh:, he loves Ghiradelli’s. We really like Earl of Sandwich and so do the kids, but we’re skipping DTD this time. With only two days and two parks to go to we’re planning on spending our entire time in the parks. Thanks for the suggestion though!

[QUOTE=Andrea;1074512]I really do love Tangierine Cafe at Epcot (which I hesitate to say, as expressing that opinion once before resulted in being told how unsophisticated and backwoods I must be to think that it’s anything special). But I think it’s delicious- especially their couscous and hummus. OH- I want some right now. :happy:

I also agree that Sunshine Seasons is a nice choice.
[/QUOTE]

This is actually right up our alley too, we all really like middle eastern food. Maybe we’ll do lunch at Tangerine Cafe and dinner at Yakitori House; followed by dessert in France.

Is the Plaza Restaurant at MK considered CS or TS?

[QUOTE=Andrea;1074512]I really do love Tangierine Cafe at Epcot (which I hesitate to say, as expressing that opinion once before resulted in being told how unsophisticated and backwoods I must be to think that it’s anything special). But I think it’s delicious- especially their couscous and hummus. OH- I want some right now. :happy:
:laugh:[/QUOTE]

I love it as well. It is definitely in my top 5 CS at WDW… BUT my ultimate fave would be the sandwiches at Boulangerie Patisserie.

They are really good for the price…

I know it wasn’t asked, but hands down, by far, the WORST CS @ a WDW parks is ABC Commissary @ HS! I don’t want to know whats in the cheeseburger… :blow:

Table Service.

I don’t know if that’s the worst Papa Bear - we had a HORRIBLE experience at Electric Umbrella at Epcot (many years ago) and won’t ever venture there again. blech!!

we’ve enjoyed ABC in the past (it’s been a few years) - the fish was good.