CSR rehab coming this year

Beginning in August, Casitas 1, 2 and 3 will close to replace water heaters. The rehab of the rooms is coming. more info to follow.

Thanks for the heads up!

I wonder what they are redoing? Unless the rooms are really worn, I can’t imagine needing to do much.

They have a team looking at everything right now.

Recently guests were asked to participate in a survey about shower/tub area configuration. Guests are shown two pictures, one of the current shower setup and one with a tiled walk-in shower without a tub.

Disney is asking which is preferred. The walk in option comes with a small inflatable tub for small children. There were also options about a rain shower head, a full length bench in the shower and a removable shower wand. The walk-in shower pic looked very nice.

More info to follow.

UPDATE - The rehab will begin in January 2015. It will begin with the cabanas. It is a soft rehab; painting, carpets, new vanities. They want a lighter look.

[QUOTE=buzz2001;1919093060]They have a team looking at everything right now.

Disney is asking which is preferred. The walk in option comes with a small inflatable tub for small children.

More info to follow.[/QUOTE]

I never heard of anything like this. Would you have to inflate this tub yourself? Have it delivered to the room already inflated? But it sounds interesting. Most of the time I would just use a shower, but there have a few times I was glad to be able to have a tub to soak my feet.

It’s probably set up like an air mattress. We can blow ours up with a blow dryer. I’m just envisioning it harder to keep clean for whatever reason.

…because CSR was set up to attract the business entity, I imagine that they feel the businessman/woman traveling alone might prefer a shower instead of a tub shower. I’m surprised they would do this for all their rooms though. Why not have a section with shower only? The blow up tub thing would be a definite turnoff for me if I had kids…but…I have stayed twice at CBR and it’s not a resort I would choose—only stayed there because Port Orleans was sold out two trips in a row…

I agree- the blow up tub seems like a cheap fix for something that is not broken. Business travelers can step into a shower just as easily as walk into a shower. Handicap accessibility is a mother matter…

Okay Nado fans, the rehab is starting in July! Lots of exciting changes coming.

Casita 4 will be the first building closed for rehab. After the spa/salon rehab is complete, it will move to the rooms in casita 4.