Csr

Which building is best to stay in at CSR? We do not mind walking

I’ve stayed there twice but unfortunately can’t tell you building numbers. The resort is spread out so you will do some walking to the main building and bus stops regardless where you stay.

There is a thread under resorts here on the boards about CSR locations. Perhaps that might help?

I stayed is the Casitas building 3 - great location. Right next to the food court etc. I think it’s a preferred section. Lots of people request the Cabanas. I rarely gets requests for the Ranchos cause they are WAYYYYY out there. There are ample bus stops, however, so you can use them to get to the main ares if you are not in the mood to walk.

Casitas 2 or 3.
Short walk to main building.
Short walk to main bus stop when heading to parks.
Short walk from bus stop 2 (the first stop they make) when returning from parks and DTD.
Casitas 1, 2, and 3 are now preferred category rooms, but Casitas 4 isn’t. The walk to the main building is a little longer, but you’re a little closer to bus stop 2.

When are you traveling, and who is going to be traveling with you? If you have kids and your are going at a time of year when you plan to be in the pool a lot, you might want to ask for a building near the cool main pool. Here is a giant printable map:

http://www.plan-a-magical-vacation.com/support-files/coronado-springs-map-pdf.pdf

We only stayed there once - many moons ago and all I can advise is to avoid the Ranchos. They were out in the boonies. And welcome to MouseBuzz.:happy:

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1128941]When are you traveling, and who is going to be traveling with you? If you have kids and your are going at a time of year when you plan to be in the pool a lot, you might want to ask for a building near the cool main pool. Here is a giant printable map:

http://www.plan-a-magical-vacation.com/support-files/coronado-springs-map-pdf.pdf[/QUOTE]

Too bad that the main pool is in the Ranchos section, although the first Cabana is also part of the area.

I so wish they had asked me about resort design before they broke ground on CSR. LOL

Thanks. We are going alone and like it relatively quiet but we are not freaks about it :slight_smile:

…I wish they had asked me about Food Courts when they designed the one at CSR…:laugh::laugh:…

CSR is just not my favorite resort…if no moderates are available now I will go to Pop…

It depends what your looking for and what you want to be close to. The ranchos are very quiet and secluded. The cabanas have a beach theme and the casitas are full of courtyards and fountains. Casitas 1, 2, and 3 are now preferred rooms and cabana 9b is club level. My website has a room location suggestion page you can check out.

Also, the Pepper Marker at CSR just switched back to an a la carte menu from the buffet.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1129001]…I wish they had asked me about Food Courts when they designed the one at CSR…:laugh::laugh:…

CSR is just not my favorite resort…if no moderates are available now I will go to Pop…[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Or even go off-property.

Off property doesn’t cut it for me anymore.
There are too many mornings that my DW doesn’t want to get up, so I have to go to the park myself and she’ll follow a few hours later. With only one car, being in a hotel that isn’t serviced by Disney Transport makes this a non starter.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1129073]Off property doesn’t cut it for me anymore.
There are too many mornings that my DW doesn’t want to get up, so I have to go to the park myself and she’ll follow a few hours later. With only one car, being in a hotel that isn’t serviced by Disney Transport makes this a non starter.[/QUOTE]

We don’t stay off property either…we don’t rent a car…so…when PO wasn’t available we had to stay at CSR twice…but after that…when PO wasn’t available, we stayed at POP…

You just have to rent a car to stay off property…to me it’s an added expense we don’t need…

Oh, I would stay at CSR, far away before I would go off property. it is Disney, remember?

I would stay anywhere down there, any resort… any time.