Current crowd conditions?

Can anyone who has been at WDW in the last 2 weeks or so give a report on how the crowd levels have been?

I’ve never been in September before…expecting heat and humidity, but not sure about crowds. I’m hoping that since (a) vacation season is over and school is in full swing, and (b) we’ll be there M-W, the levels may be fairly low. Somebody correct me if I’m wrong here. :happy:

We had to scale down our trip and now we’ll only be at WDW for 3 days instead of the original 6…sorta bummed about that, but trying to take a glass is half full mentality and make the most of the time we do have!

We are also going this month, and we went last year at the same time. The crowds were pretty manageable. We usually do the end of free dining, and our trip actually crosses over into the “not free dining”, and the crowds were fine last year. I hope for the same this year!!
I think the fact that you are there M-W is a definite bonus for you, things would be busier on the weekends!!
I hope you have a great trip!

We just got back yeaterday and we walked on everything. SM was a 5 min. wait. TMRR was a walk on. Everything was a minimal to no wait.

We got back on Sunday (9/14). The crowds were very small. Lunch time at Cosmic Rays was VERY crowded but we went right at 12:00 (noon), so that was our mistake…
But other than that, the longest wait time we saw was 30 minutes on Peter Pan, and 60 minutes on Soarin. If you get fast passes for these, you should be good to go.

We were only there for 3 1/2 days, and we got on pretty much everything on our list…we didn’t get to Animal Kingdom though…

Wow . . . good to know . . . but I’m going Halloween weekend . . . might be crowded then??

I forgot to add…

It was very hot and muggy…but only in the late afternoons…the rest of the day, it was manageable . We took time to swim and nap each day in the late afternoon. That really helped.

Everything was about a 5-10 min wait. For Toy Story if you go before 10 am it’s about 20 mins. Toy Story during EMH was a 90 min wait…so try to go in the early morning.

We came home last night, and I thought the crowds were great. As was said, everything was a minimal wait or walk on. Some of the big ones had a 20 minute wait (RnR, Peter Pan, Dumbo), but nothing major. The only big one was TSM, which was a 180 minute wait mid day, and was completely out of FP by late afternoon. My suggestion is to run to TSM first thing at the studios, and when you come out, FP for later in the day! It is definately worth 2 rides, but I would never wait 2-3 hours for one ride!

The weather was a bit muggy, and normally hot, but totally manageable. Count on an early evening rain, an keep your poncho/umbrella handy. We never had more than and hour or so of rain on any day. The temps and humidity were up in the low to mid 90’s every day!

We are here right now. It is going really well. Nothing is more than a 5 minute wait, except some of the more popular rides. Have a great trip!

Reading this makes me giddy-happy. You just have no idea. :laugh:
Thanks everyone! I really can’t wait to get there, especially now with knowing we can probably get more done in 3 days than we usually do because of the short waits.

We got back on Sunday from 2 weeks…crowds were light at all times except EMH evening hours and the water parks on the weekends…Sat. at least was PACKED, like no seats available…it was HOT, though, and most were foreigners and local FL folk.

I would skip EMH…really.

Oh, and I noticed that the preschooler rides were actually crowded, and the lines long for the pooh characters and such…I call September PreSchool Peak Season…the line for Dumbo on Sept. 13 was at least 30 mins, but you could walk on Space Mountain. Go figure!

The Halloween party was also crowded in toontown only…the rest of the park was deserted!

have a great trip!!

We have always gone in September other than our honeymoon in Oct. Never had a problem with crowds, period.

The MNSSHP was a first for us last year and that was a breeze. When you see the same folks over and over during the day…you know it is managable.

We leave in a few hours for 8 days at Pop Century so hopefully history “will” repeat itself. The only issue was the humidity last year…it was 99%.

[QUOTE=santa1961;884049]We have always gone in September other than our honeymoon in Oct. Never had a problem with crowds, period.

The MNSSHP was a first for us last year and that was a breeze. When you see the same folks over and over during the day…you know it is managable.

We leave in a few hours for 8 days at Pop Century so hopefully history “will” repeat itself. The only issue was the humidity last year…it was 99%.[/QUOTE]

You are the fourth Ohioan who is leaving in only a few hours. I am one of them, bransworld and angell1975. All hail the Buckeye State! :cool: