Current crowds?

Just wondering if anyone out there is at WDW this week? Wondering what the crowds are like. A friend is there and she was really worried about how busy it would be and what the lines would be like for her almost 4 and 5-year-old. I’m just curious and can’t wait until she gets back next Tuesday. :mellow:

I would guess it is packed. I saw on another site that the MK was partially closed on Thursday or friday of last week because it was so crowded. Hope they have fun anyway!

Morning Sally. I know that they closed MK yesterday for awhile do to capacity. I think I read that they opened again at noon. I think they close only to people off-site though.

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: holy smokes. I cannot imagine what that must be like. I like eating sardines but that’s where I draw the line. I do not wish to be stuck like that :blow:

I’ve had friends up in WDW over the past couple weeks and they’ve said it was really crowded. This being Easter weekend, I’d say that right this minute, they’re kicking into overdrive.
I’ve been to the parks for New Year’s Eve and I was once in MK the day after Christmas, so I know what packed is.
It’s going to be packed!

Let us all have a moment of silent prayer for all those at WDW this week.:pinch::pinch:

After experiencing peak time crowds for the first time at Christmas I cannot believe how crowded those parks can be. It gets to a point where it’s not fun - it’s just endurance.

That’s why I like going in September. Its nice weather and the longest line ive been in was for a half an hour for Soarin!

I will be there the 16-24th. This is supposedly a non-peak time, but it is school break in alot of New England.All the flights from RI were sold out around these dates so I am bracing for the worst. Last time we went in April, it was very crowded and I said never again, but that was an Easter week I think. I figured this year Easter was early so we would be ok but I am not so sure now!

It was closed Tuesday (stage 3) we had to go to EPCOT which was also pretty busy. 45 minutes for Spaceship Earth and you know there is something wrong.

Crowds or not, I’ll be getting my Disney fix next Thursday-Saturday and I can’t wait! One day at each: Epcot, MK and TL.

UUUGGGHHH! That should say it all!:nonono2: We are here now and seems like everone is here! Weather is nice, but everyone is on Spring Vacation. This is the first and most likely the last time we come during this week. Lines are from 60-120 mins for the major attractions. Fast Passes are sold out early. The only saving grace is the Extra Magic Hours. We will probably stick to the usual May/October visits as is is not as crowded and the points for DVC are not as much.
Sorry, wish I could say something positive about this time of year. Hate to be a Negative Nancy! :fork_off:

[QUOTE=Grumpy_Medic;1026787]UUUGGGHHH! That should say it all!:nonono2: We are here now and seems like everone is here! Weather is nice, but everyone is on Spring Vacation. This is the first and most likely the last time we come during this week. Lines are from 60-120 mins for the major attractions. Fast Passes are sold out early. The only saving grace is the Extra Magic Hours. We will probably stick to the usual May/October visits as is is not as crowded and the points for DVC are not as much.
Sorry, wish I could say something positive about this time of year. Hate to be a Negative Nancy! :fork_off:[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear it’s so crowded. I was afraid of that. I tried to prepare her for that when they booked the trip but she didn’t seem too concerned at the time. This family needed this vacation. I hope they’re having fun anyway! I’m sure they are. At least the weather is great as far as I’ve heard.

We’ll be there the same time and I must admit I’m worried too. Hopefully it will calm down a bit. Any indication from Tourin Plans?:confused:

The weather is fantastic. That is a saving grace if you want to go to the pool, do things in the resorts or DTD. You may want to to either warn them to not buy tickets everyday or follow the ‘Go early in the morning, come back to the resort in the afternoon, then go back in the evening’ game plan.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1026677]I’ve had friends up in WDW over the past couple weeks and they’ve said it was really crowded. This being Easter weekend, I’d say that right this minute, they’re kicking into overdrive.
I’ve been to the parks for New Year’s Eve and I was once in MK the day after Christmas, so I know what packed is.
It’s going to be packed![/QUOTE]

A CM at Toy Story Mania recently told us that the wait for that ride got up to FIVE HOURS on New Year’s Eve/Day 2010. I’ve never been on a major holiday before, but I’m hoping this was at least a slight exaggeration. I mean, who on earth would wait five hours to ride one ride? I’d rather sit at the hotel than do that any day.

The crowds are very overwhelming right now. So much so that we’ve to cut the final number from Move It Shake It so we can move our floats through the crowds to get back. I think the insanely beautiful weather is contributing. But after Easter happens on Sunday, the crowds will all die down until Memorial Day.

Hi Rowdy! We were there last week…was this you?

[QUOTE=Mickey Mom;1026920]Hi Rowdy! We were there last week…was this you?

[/QUOTE]

Wow, if it is Rowdy, that’s a great shot!! (It’s a great picture even if it isn’t Rowdy. :happy:)

To bad they can’t wear name tags like the rest of the cm’s. That way we wouldn’t have to chase down every good looking guy on stilts. :blush:

Hi everyone. I’m back…Literally 15 minutes ago. Will keep this short because I’m very tired from a 17+ hour drive home, but we were there from this past Friday to today. It’s the weirdest thing. Either we have impecable timing, or good ole Irish luck, because every park we hit, wasn’t that bad at all. A couple of times we made quick decisions to avoid a park, such as one morning we were taking the monorail to MK, when we pulled up and it was packed! Stayed on the monorail, went to Contemporary and took a lovely boat ride, that we had to ourselves to Fort Wilderness to say good morning to the horses. And then another day, we were heading back to AKL and saw AK parking lots 100% full, every single one of them, so made a mental note to avoid that park for the day. The next day, we met someone who was at AK that crowded day, and said he has never ever seen it that bad. So, I guess I’m saying, there is hope with the crowds. The weather was great, even the day it poured, we sat on BLT balcony and watched Space Mountain get hit over and over again with lightening. That was way cool!!! Other than that, looking at the wait times, really the longest line we chose to wait was for Toy Story Mania at one and a half hours. Normally I wouldn’t wait that long, but it was the fourth trip there, and I still hadn’t ever tried it, so I was adamant that I was getting on it this time. Rock N Rollercoaster was a 45 minute wait, which was fine because I was loving hearing all my favorite tunes while in line, and then the rest, really was only 20 to 30 minutes. I did notice that the pool was extra crowded each day, and that the buses were more full, but it really was not as bad as I had expected.