Current heat wave! Conditioning for FL weather?

It’s about 98 degrees out right now where I am in MA and the humidity makes it feel somewhere over 100.

It’s ridiculously hot for someone like me who has grown up here and I’m feeling like it’s only conditioning me for what’s in store in 5 days when I’m down in Disney. I’ve never been in July before and I know it’s supposed to be hot but is is going to feel this heavy every day? :laugh:

Good thing Disney has lots of AC, lol!

I live in MA too and I was thinking I should go out and take a walk later to get practice. I have only gone to Disney in the summer (I teach) so I have handled it fairly well. For some reason, it seems hotter when it hits 100 in MA!

You should all come to Florida - the high has only been 89! :laugh::laugh:

It seems that you all had our heat wave the past week. We had comfortable weather the past week but it is going to be hot again in a couple days.

Yep, our heat wave passed for a bit, only in the high 80’s this week.

I’m going to be completely unhelpful and suggest you change your trip to Disneyland. :laugh: No humidity problem! :happy:

Please keep it up north as long as possible. I don’t like to sweat.

[QUOTE=CuriousAlice;1039233]It’s about 98 degrees out right now where I am in MA and the humidity makes it feel somewhere over 100.

It’s ridiculously hot for someone like me who has grown up here and I’m feeling like it’s only conditioning me for what’s in store in 5 days when I’m down in Disney. I’ve never been in July before and I know it’s supposed to be hot but is is going to feel this heavy every day? :laugh:

Good thing Disney has lots of AC, lol![/QUOTE]

To get totally prepared have someone follow you around spraying you with a hose. They need to unexpectedly drench you every so often.

You are welcome! Ideas on getting ready for Disney trips is just another service I provide.

101 in Delaware. I don’t sweat, Kip - I ‘glow’.

(Probably 'cause of the nuke plant in jersey)

I perspire…it sounds oh so more lady like!

Are you kidding I’m in niagara region Canada and it’s 87 in my house. Stupid broken air conditioner. But it will be fixed tomorrow!!!

[QUOTE=tigger;1039247]To get totally prepared have someone follow you around spraying you with a hose. They need to unexpectedly drench you every so often.

You are welcome! Ideas on getting ready for Disney trips is just another service I provide.[/QUOTE]

Right now, this doesn’t sound like a bad idea at all! lol :laugh: It’s still 99 degrees right now!

Seems like my whole trip will be in the low 90s but I’m guessing with AC and whatnot it shouldn’t be too bad. Besides, as dancing4disney said, I’d expect this heat in FL…it’s just so abnormal here! :laugh:

[QUOTE=CuriousAlice;1039273]Right now, this doesn’t sound like a bad idea at all! lol :laugh: It’s still 99 degrees right now!

Seems like my whole trip will be in the low 90s but I’m guessing with AC and whatnot it shouldn’t be too bad. Besides, as dancing4disney said, I’d expect this heat in FL…it’s just so abnormal here! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

I saw 102 today. Humidity 1397% for a heat index of 193. :fork_off:

AC in office is ALMOST dead, but a NEW 2 ton will be in tomorrow, JUST FOR ME, and not shared with the rest of the 2md floor! 80 degrees in the office at 6:15 & that’s WITH a 12,000 BTU portable and all but one room closed off. I smell like Boss! :eek:

Is it too late to book an Alaska cruise for next week?

I know here in Toronto we had a heat index of 109. I was dyeing and so I just reminded myself to suck it up for training for Disney. The only thing is that the rides and air conditioned areas help and so dose the afternoon storm when you get them.
Right know I am just looking forward to the weekend for the storms to break the heat.

CuriousAlice have a fun time in Disney…you are soooo lucky it is so close.

[QUOTE=CuriousAlice;1039233]It’s about 98 degrees out right now where I am in MA and the humidity makes it feel somewhere over 100.

Good thing Disney has lots of AC, lol![/QUOTE]

Funny story…it’s over 100 here in Jersey. MY DD was complaining about being hot…I turned to her and said “consider this WDW practice weather.” What you are dealing with now is pretty much florida summer weather. I have gone in August three times and am heading down for the 4th time. The rides are air conditioned, the shops are air conditioned etc…as long as you are not sitting on the black top baking in it, you can deal with it. DRINK WATER and wear sunscreeen. It’s tolerable with smart touring. We hit the parks at the crack of dawn and are outta there by 12-1pm when it’s at it’s hottest. We then head back out from a long break, nap or swim after the 3pm rain storm.

I’m in ME, where most homes don’t seem to believe in air conditioning(including ours), and I’m dying. Yesterday it got to 92 degrees in my house. Right now it’s 88 inside. I’d much rather be i Disney with this kind of weather than stuck here lol.

It’s only 91 here in Pittsburgh. Headed to 94. With the humidity, who knows?

Thanks for the “Disney in the middle of summer” tips everyone! I’m normally a constant water drinker anyway and I get sunburned as soon as I step outside of my door so sunscreen is my best friend! I have SPF 80 or something like that.

Usually, when in Disney, I expect it to be hot and I’m prepared for it. That and the fact that Disney does have a lot of AC for when you need to take a break. However, up here like April said, we don’t have a lot of AC because it’s usually not this hot. This is a freak thing so sitting here with my fans blowing hot air around I’m even more excited to go to Disney!

It’s only 4 days now! I’ve been doing everything I possibly can to keep my mind off the heat. I just recently found out that my best friend’s parents (the ones who booked the trip and let me tag along) decided to upgrade us all to the Deluxe Dining Plan! I have no idea how I’m going to eat all that food but I’ve been going over the menus for all the places we’re going to eat I just can’t wait! :laugh:

It was 105 yesterday in MA :nuke: and humid…:blow:

YUP. It was absolutely brutal! :blow: