Custodial CMs - amazing

I, most of us, just got a link on facebook. Take a look at this

H2O to ?Oh Wow!?: Custodial Cast Members Wow Guests With Water Disney Parks Blog

I have seen pictures of “water mickey heads” before. It still always amazes me. Magic :cool:

not the same but still on topic…when we were at AK people watching while DD rode EE I noticed a CCM that really seemed to go out of his way to be friendly and helpful to other guests. I went inside the shop to request a supervisor to comment on him. At first they thought I was coming in to complain about somethng and were surprised it ended up being a compliment. It’s sad because they probably do get a lot more of the 1st than the latter. Hopefully this CCM received the recognition deserved by his superiors from the comments given.

How cool is that?! These little extras really are what make WDW the magical place it is!

So, neat. . .never seen it. thanks for sharing!

After MNSSHP we saw a CM doing something very similar outside the ice cream parlour in Main Street.
The CM was, or appeared to be, one of the cleaning crew.

I agree!! I was blown away the first time I saw this…

Here is one of the CM’s from our trip in September.

The Goode Life: Artist

I agree with you. More complaints are handed out than “atta boys”. I am glad you did that.

Very cool touch of magic.

As a parent of one of those custodians (my son works at Epcot), I felt I just had to chime in on this thread.

In a world where people complain about the most insignificant of things, you would not believe how much people appreciate someone taking the extra step to say a thank you, or comment on a job well done. I know that my son has had guests comment to his supervisors on such things as searching through trash cans to find a guest’s credit card :crying: and “sword fighting” with 2 young kids with his little paper picker-upper wand. (I understand that he fought valiantly before “dying” :blush:). Incidents like these have actually been noted on his work record as examples of giving extra effort to make WDW special.

Please take time to notice these little extras they do, and comment. And really, couldn’t we all can use the encouragement?

Thank you so much for sharing. I have never seen this before.
These are the little magical extras you just couldn’t experience anyplace else:wub:

I’ve seen these done several times and they are pretty cool. But I don’t think it’s custodial folks. How many sweepers have water in their dust pans?

But that’s part of the magic - something you aren’t expecting.

When we were there in November, we saw them doing the characters faces all around the carousel. DH stopped in his tracks and pulled our DD’s over to see. They both stood there staring in amazement, and waiting to see which character was going to be drawn next. It was such a nice Disney magic touch! :wub:

Funny to think that these CMs are trained and encouraged to do this and not simply pick up litter.
RL, now that I think about it, I don’t recall ever seeing any “custodial artists” doing anything other than painting with their mops. As such, I have to question if they are even actually in custodial services or if they’re entertainers in costume, much like Mulch, Sweat, and Shears.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1061730]Funny to think that these CMs are trained and encouraged to do this and not simply pick up litter.
RL, now that I think about it, I don’t recall ever seeing any “custodial artists” doing anything other than painting with their mops. As such, I have to question if they are even actually in custodial services or if they’re entertainers in costume, much like Mulch, Sweat, and Shears.[/QUOTE]

Hey now, that makes a whole lot of sense, Doug. I wonder if you are right - go and find out

Last March there were CM’s drawing in MK outside of Tony’s and in Epcot between The Land and Innovations.

I have ALWAYS been amazed at how clean the busiest vacation destination in the world remains… Compare it to other places that are not nearly as busy… I am so thankful that they are always keeping things clean, and the drawings and other things are an added bonus.

This must be something new they have added because I have only ever seen this in pictures :blush:
Maybe the towel animal craze is making way for talented CM’s in the parks now?
It’s a great diversion. I hope to see at least one this time around, that would be so nice.