I was able to find a lot more specific information about what’s included. EVen though this sounds a little better I still don’t think I’m going to join. MAYBE if it was $40-$50. but NOT $75. This was in the official Disney Press Release:
[B][U]"A one-year D23 membership ($74.99) includes:[/U][/B]
- Disney twenty-three quarterly publication: A one-year subscription (four issues) to D23’s new collectible magazine filled with stunning photography, dazzling illustrations and the ultimate Disney insider perspective. This advertising-free keepsake is the all-access pass to discovering the magic of Disney’s past, present and future.
- Membership Certificate and Card: The D23 membership card and suitable-for-framing member certificate — both specially created for D23’s Charter Year — feature many of Disney’s most beloved characters.
- Surprise Collectible Gift and Member Merchandise: Each member who joins D23 will receive an exclusive collectible gift from the new Walt Disney Archives Collection. This merchandise line was created specifically with D23 members in mind, and each piece is authorized by the Walt Disney Archives. D23 members will have exclusive or early access to a wide assortment of Walt Disney Archives Collection pieces.
- D23 Expo and Member Special Events: The D23 Expo — to be held at the Anaheim Convention Center from September 10-13, 2009 — will be “The Ultimate Disney Fan Experience,” featuring incredible speakers, celebrity appearances, breathtaking exhibitions, interactive experiences, sneak peeks, film screenings, one-of-a-kind merchandise, and much more. All Disney fans are welcome, but D23 members will receive a discount on Expo admissions and early access to the show daily. D23 also offers unique members-only special event opportunities throughout the year.
Disney.com/D23: All fans can stay connected to Disney every day through D23’s new Web site, featuring up-to-the-minute Disney news, feature stories, event info and more, but only D23 members will receive regular email updates on special event and merchandise opportunities exclusive to them.
Disney twenty-three quarterly publication
Disney today launches its new quarterly publication Disney twenty-three, a hybrid entertainment and lifestyle magazine that is the all-access pass to discovering the magic of Disney’s past, present and future. Its name pays homage to 1923, the year The Walt Disney Company was founded.
The premiere issue of Disney twenty-three includes exclusive features such as:
- Interviews with Tim Burton, Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens
- Inside look at the new Disney/Pixar animated film Up, featuring interviews with Director Pete Docter and Producer Jonas Rivera, concept and production art, and a look at the new animated short Partly Cloudy.
- A rare look inside Pixar Animation Studios in Emeryville, California. Meet the Pixar team and learn the secrets behind the success of their films.
- The doors open for two of the most exclusive, magical suites in the world: the Cinderella Castle Suite at Walt Disney World and the Disneyland Dream Suite overlooking New Orleans Square and the Rivers of America at the Disneyland Resort.
Disney twenty-three’s regular featured departments include:
- A Walk with Walt: A look back at the trials and triumphs of the man who made dreams come true and whose imagination started it all.
- D Society: From gala movie premieres and grand openings to candid Disney moments and memories, D Society takes readers backstage and onto the red carpet.
- PHOTOfiles: The legendary Walt Disney Archives Photo Library houses millions of Disney’s most cherished photographic memories, and the Archives team shares its Top 100, five in every issue. Let the countdown begin!
- Where in D?: Try to identify where in the world of Disney each issue’s mystery photo was taken.
- The Funny Pages: For the first time in decades, enjoy the vintage newspaper comic strips that helped make many of Disney’s most popular characters famous.
- Making Magic: Crafts for children of all ages, inspired by Disney’s favorite stories and experiences.
- Recipes from Disney’s most popular restaurants and eateries, past and present.
Disney twenty-three subscriptions are available only by becoming a member of D23: The Official Community for Disney Fans. Individual issues of Disney twenty-three retail for $15.95 and are available exclusively at all U.S. Barnes & Noble booksellers, all domestic Disney Stores, Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World, and Disneyshopping.com.
The D23 site on Disney.com will serve as the premier online destination for Disney fans, highlighted by breaking Disney news, exclusive feature stories, blogs, historical retrospectives, a collectibles boutique, special event information, and other content. The D23 online experience includes News & Features, Walt Disney Archives, Disney twenty-three, Expo & Events, and Boutique23. Highlights include:
NEWS & FEATURES
- Late-breaking news, press releases, and photos of interest to fans from every part of Disney.
- “Twilight Bark” — inspired by the Disney animated feature 101 Dalmatians — offers up the latest tidbits and news “bites” from all around the world of Disney.
- Feature articles and interviews on current Disney topics from theme parks and animation to television and motion pictures, as well as historical retrospectives.
- Official Disney Bloggers — Get regular updates on films in production at Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios, current Walt Disney Imagineering projects, and the Walt Disney Archives.
WALT DISNEY ARCHIVES
- “This Day in Disney” — A daily walk down memory lane.
- “What’s Old Is News” — Go back in time and enjoy rare, vintage and classic articles, stories, interviews, press materials and other highlights from deep within the Disney Archives.
- “Ask Dave” — Disney Legend and Chief Archivist Dave Smith answers your questions about Disney history.
- “Archives Library” — helpful Disney reference tools including biographies, filmographies, award chronologies, Disney A to Z updates, historical profiles and other archival information.
- The online home of Disney twenty-three, D23’s quarterly publication.
- Expanded stories, interviews and imagery.
- “D Society: Online Edition” — regularly updated photo gallery.
- “The Funny Page: Daily Edition” — a delightful daily dose of vintage Disney comics that haven’t been seen outside the Disney Archives in decades.
- “Making Magic” — An archive of the unique crafts featured in Disney twenty-three.
- “Disney Dish” — Always be able to find your favorite recipes from Disney twenty-three.
EXPO & EVENTS
- “D23 Expo” — The official Web site for everything you need to know about “The Ultimate Disney Fan Experience” September 10-13, at the Anaheim Convention Center, including programming, show hours, celebrity appearances, keynote speakers, ticket information, vacation packages, and more.
- “D23 Member Special Events” — Throughout the year, D23 hosts special events created just for its members. Members can find out which ones they want to attend and how to register.
- D23 merchandise and collectibles, including D23 member-only offerings from the Walt Disney Archives Collection
- Hosted by Disneyshopping.com"