D23????

Can someone please tell me about D23 and is it worth joining??

I’ve decided that D23 is only worth joining if you are able to attend a lot of the amazing events. They’ve really thrown some cool & exclusive events over the past year but they often seem to be on weekdays when I can’t take off of school (I’m a teacher) or random weekends in awkward months so it’s hard to just take off & fly to Orlando or Anaheim.

Otherwise, not too sure I would join for some magazine you can buy in a store anyway and some merch. I probably wouldn’t buy.

Just my opinion.

Thanks Wish!
I’m thinking I’m going to pass on D23.

[QUOTE=tinker2222;1010553]Thanks Wish!
I’m thinking I’m going to pass on D23.[/QUOTE]

Google something like “2009 D23 events Disney” and you’ll see some of the awesome stuff they’ve done. Trust me, I’d be the first to sign up if I felt like I could take advantage of all this cool stuff but otherwise I just don’t think it’s worth it.

I had a feeling you would be!
My husband thanks you for one less WDW thing for me to obsess over :laugh::laugh:!

[QUOTE=tinker2222;1010560]I had a feeling you would be!
My husband thanks you for one less WDW thing for me to obsess over :laugh::laugh:![/QUOTE]

I thought it was just me with this obsession:laugh:
The hubby just gives me the crazy look sometimes:laugh::laugh:

[QUOTE=Kidani & Me;1010651]I thought it was just me with this obsession:laugh:
The hubby just gives me the crazy look sometimes:laugh::laugh:[/QUOTE]

I even get “the look” from my 8 year old little girl! That’s when you know you have a BIG problem!! :laugh:

I joined the end of last year at the discounted rate. Still waiting for membership stuff in the mail. I just received the D23 Fanefare e-mail and there are events listed for 2010. Most are in CA. There is one listed for 3/5/10 in WDW, first anniv. party. I may attend that one, depending on the price

My hubby signed me up as a Xmas gift. I guess I should find out if there is anything going on when we visit for Presidents week. Anyone know if there is? I’m just not sure what the benefits are of this membership.

I would do like Wishy said and Google it.

That’s a great idea (Wish is so smart, lol:happy:)

Agreed.

Yeah, there was a feature on a D23 expo in an AllEarsNet article (I’m sure you can still find it on the site… I wish I remember who wrote it), and it looked awesome. I would agree that unless you can attend these exclusive D23 events, membership would be a waste. However, keep in mind that with these events comes extra travel expenses, such as airfare and accommodations.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1013720]Agreed.

Yeah, there was a feature on a D23 expo in an AllEarsNet article (I’m sure you can still find it on the site… I wish I remember who wrote it), and it looked awesome. I would agree that unless you can attend these exclusive D23 events, membership would be a waste. However, keep in mind that with these events comes extra travel expenses, such as airfare and accommodations.[/QUOTE]

I’m definitely going to look into it. We’re going in Feb & August (who knows, maybe we can squeeze in a few shorter trips, too, lol). I’ll check All Ears for the article!!

Unless you can attend all of the events D23 holds for its members, the only real “perk” you get for being a member is the D23 Magazine, which you can purchase from your local Disney Store or online anyways without having to be a member. I myself am not a member, it for me would be a waste of money, I don’t suggest it to people unless they can attend most to all of the events, the magazine/membership isn’t all that worthy IMO.

Looked into it after the nice lady at the Disney store tried talking me into it…not worth it to me.

She is, she is :laugh::laugh:

:laugh:and she does great TRs!!:mickey:

I understand people thinking that if they can't make it to the events, that it may just be easier to get the magazine at the local bookstore.  However, there is one thing that is very rarely mentioned for those that join.  It's the doodad, trinket, item that arrives with each magazine and for joining or renewing.  Examples that I received last year:  Poster of Mickey Mouse drawing on a world globe,  Charter Member pin, reprint of a 1960's Tomorrowland fan, a patch of the Monorail, a reprint of a Christmas card that Walt sent to friends in the 1930's, and I'm trying to remember what else.
 Obviously I'm a member, and by renewing, I will be receiving a 2010 D23 calender and what ever else comes with the magazine.  It really is a personal preference wither to join or not.  I love to hear when others do, so that they may be able to take part in what is planned.  But, I also know that I'll more then likely be in a web browser refresh and clicking contest with them when certain event tickets go on sale!

[QUOTE=Jaxum;1016424]I understand people thinking that if they can’t make it to the events, that it may just be easier to get the magazine at the local bookstore. However, there is one thing that is very rarely mentioned for those that join. It’s the doodad, trinket, item that arrives with each magazine and for joining or renewing. Examples that I received last year: Poster of Mickey Mouse drawing on a world globe, Charter Member pin, reprint of a 1960’s Tomorrowland fan, a patch of the Monorail, a reprint of a Christmas card that Walt sent to friends in the 1930’s, and I’m trying to remember what else.
Obviously I’m a member, and by renewing, I will be receiving a 2010 D23 calender and what ever else comes with the magazine. It really is a personal preference wither to join or not. I love to hear when others do, so that they may be able to take part in what is planned. But, I also know that I’ll more then likely be in a web browser refresh and clicking contest with them when certain event tickets go on sale![/QUOTE]

Your right I hadn’t realized that. Hummm

I just got my poster, love it!!