Dana - January 2013 trip

Hello, MB! I am back. I am going try and summarize what we did. I am going to tell you one thing, this was the most relaxing Disney trip I have ever taken. We barely did anything and I am completely fine with it.

I think I have converted John to the dark side - he already said he wants to go with me and my group next January and he is WANTS to stay 8 or 9 days. THAT is a Disney miracle, folks.

Cast: Me and DBF aka John.

Dates: 1/12 - 1/17
Resort: Saratoga Springs in a one-bedroom villa

Here’s my happy guy while we were waiting to leave. He just got done telling me he was sad we were leaving and he wants to come back next year - I had to take a picture and savor the moment.

I am so glad you had such a wonderful time and that John has been converted! One always feel such a glow of accomplishment when one manages to bring a non-believer into the Fold!:happy:

Cannot wait to hear all about it!

John is awesome and now more so :mickey:

Can’t wait to hear more. So glad you had a relaxing trip.

Mmmm… John is quite the handsome fellow, isn’t he? :biggrin:

And are you SURE you want to let him in on a crazy-trip, since he had such a good time on the relaxed one? Maybe you just need to have (at least) two trips every year…

Ditto to Andrea! Is it inappropriate or un-Disney that we noticed you are dating a cutie? Because WE SURE DID!

He is ridiculously good-looking, Dana.:happy:

Yes, he is handsome. I have no idea what he’s doing with me at all. He’s way to pretty for me…:laugh:

So, the trip, like every trip I take start off bumpy. I was due to get up at 3am and DD called me at midnight with a flat tire. I could not get the tire off. The lugs were on way to tight. We had to call her friend and pick him up in the middle of night to help. By the time this process was said and done, I have 20 minutes to get myself presentable and pick John up. Since he lives in Philly and is closer to the airport, me driving made the most sense.

The plane left on time and we landed 30 minutes early some how. John and I made our way to Magical express and were at Saratoga Springs in no time at all. When we checked in, we were told the room in the Paddock would not be ready until 3pm. Well this would just not do. I was exhausted and just wanted a shower. I asked for any available room. Them some how found another room in the Paddock that was ready:pinch:

We made our way over to the room and it was exactly next to the one me and Sara stayed in 4 years ago:laugh: Our room number was 5625 right on the second floor. The room, was not exactly clean - hair in the tub.:blink:

John turned and looked at me and said “can I go to the pool?”:laugh: It was kinda funny because I don’t understand why he asked me instead of just said “going to the pool”. As soon as he left, I was on the phone with housekeeping getting this “rectified”. Room was cleaned in no time at all.

WeGoShop dropped my groceries off at noon and I was soaking in the tub by 12:15pm.:laugh:

John came back and showered and we were off to our 3:30pm ADR at Portobello. I was scheduled to try all new places this trip. I have a review from me and a few sentences from John on what he thought.

Me: Food was average at best. Service was excellent, portions average. Dessert was amazing.

John: Eh! It was ok. I would not tell anyone to go here. The portions were small and what the #$%$ is up with the white tile ceiling? It doesn’t match.

John is a bit more into decoration and theme than I am clearly. I didn’t even notice the stupid ceiling until he repeatedly told me about it like I painted it.:laugh::laugh:

[QUOTE=Andrea;1128511]Mmmm… John is quite the handsome fellow, isn’t he? :biggrin:

And are you SURE you want to let him in on a crazy-trip, since he had such a good time on the relaxed one? Maybe you just need to have (at least) two trips every year…[/QUOTE]

I am going back in May for a crazy trip with DD for Star Wars Weekend. When I go with John, I will do parks in the day with the kids and spend my nights with him being lazy.:laugh:

Handsome and into decor? It is clearly time for me to start making some insinuations. :laugh:

[QUOTE=Dana;1128519]
So, the trip, like every trip I take start off bumpy. I was due to get up at 3am and DD called me at midnight with a flat tire. I could not get the tire off. The lugs were on way to tight. We had to call her friend and pick him up in the middle of night to help. By the time this process was said and done, I have 20 minutes to get myself presentable and pick John up. [/QUOTE]

This would be a killer for me. I’d be asleep on a chaise by the pool before I even got unpacked, and in bed right after dinner! You are a cooler woman than I!

[QUOTE=Dana;1128519]
John is a bit more into decoration and theme than I am clearly. I didn’t even notice the stupid ceiling until he repeatedly told me about it like I painted it.:laugh::laugh:[/QUOTE]

You mean you didn’t paint it? :ohmy::laugh:

Yes!!! I’ve been waiting for this. John is a cutie isn’t he? Wow!!! Hope you have more pictures. :wub:

After dinner at Portobello, we headed down and shopped our way through the Market Place. We had tons of time to kill before our Wishes Cruise. After a bit, we took the Polynesian bus from the Market Place and hung out at by the pool bar sipping wine and watching the baby ducks swim in the Poly’s pool. They were in there with a ton of people and not even bothered by it. No mother in sight though.:frown:

My Bouncy friend, Tigger and his lovely wife met us at the dock for our Wishes Cruise. We saw a swimming deer?? Yes, a swimming deer swam right past us:laugh: None of us, including the driver, had ever seen that before. We were treated to some random Disney knowledge by our driver, drank wine and just had a great time. I highly recommend the cruise. Well worth the money especially when you are celebrating a new app release like I was with great company.

After the cruise, we “bounced” over to the Wave and continued to talk and just have a great time. Around 11pm, the almost 24 hours up in a row caught up to me and we called it a night and took a cab back to SSR.

excellent way to start a trip, excellent company to share a magical cruise with.

I always find it so amazing that deer can swim with those skinny little legs!

It was crazy! I have never seen that before. He was swimming like a champ!

The deer was the craziest thing I had seen in a while. Really cool…the captain got out a spot and used it to try and shepard the poor guy to shore but the deer didn’t seem to need the help. I think he could have given Philps a run for his money.

The Wishes Cruise was awesome. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a special event with friends and family. We are already talking about taking our fam on it next time they come down.

It was great spending time with you and John…and lady’s that picture doesn’t do him justice. We really enjoyed our time with y’all…hope to see you real soon :mickey:

…we are over run with deer around here…and I do mean over run…but I never knew they swim…I wonder if they swim in the ponds or lakes around here?

…wonder where that Bambi was going there??? :laugh:

[QUOTE=smallworld;1128547]…we are over run with deer around here…and I do mean over run…but I never knew they swim…I wonder if they swim in the ponds or lakes around here?

…wonder where that Bambi was going there??? :laugh:[/QUOTE]

To the Ticket and Transportation Center to catch the monorail to EPCOT.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

He’s a dreamboat and has a potty mouth? I can see why you’re in love.

Can’t wait to read more. And soon, you’ll be posting more soon right? :laugh: