Dana - the no surprise, surprise trip 2009

Cast:
me = 25
DD = 14/turned 15 on trip

I’ll start you off with a picture show of Saratoga Srpings. I have to finish writing the actual report. I took ZERO notes and have to refresh my memory.

I will say that I very much enjoyed Saratoga springs. Yes, it’s big. The layout, however was smartly done and nothing is really all that far from where you want to get to. Sara and I were assigned a studio in the Paddock. It was a second floor studio…room 5623 to be exact. We only have a short walk over a bridge to get to the main areas and boat to DTD. We had a bus stop and quiet pool (laundry) seconds from out room. It was an idea location. The only thing that would have been better would have been the Srpings, but they only had a “shower” room and it wouldn’t have been ready until late in the day. The room at the Paddock was available immediately. We arrived 40minutes early (thank you south west) at around 9am, so we were thrilled to have a ready room and unpack our stuff.

So here are some pictures to hold you over for now.

This what I saw every morning at around 6am…I am an early riser and liked to walk to the main buildning while DD got ready without me hovering. This is near the big pool and the Springs bus stop.

Welcome Home!

Welcome home Dana, I can’t wait to read your report and see all the pics.

ok so the pics in this part were done on my cell phone and are needing some adjusting…I’ll be back later on. DD informed me that she has a valentines day dance tomorrow and needs a dress…yeah me.

Welcome back Dana. I can’t wait to hear about your trip.

Happy dress hunting! Can’t wait to read your TR.

Welcome Home! Can’t wait to hear allll the details!

Let me try this real quick…I think I have a better picture here.

Yes, much better. I hurry up and give you the other SSR ones. i have about ten minutes.

I think this is my building from the bridge.

just gorgeous…

walking down the bridge

Very early morning view heading to the bridge

the seagulls were lined up all along the bridge every single day. You can’t imagine how close you could get to them without them moving…It was a contest to see who could actually touch one, which I did :laugh:Dd just isn’t quick enough.:laugh:

Welcome Home, Dana!!! The pics are REALLY gorgeous. :wub: When I stayed there, we stayed in the very first Carousel Building, next to the Paddock bus stop. I didn’t think it was that far away, but then again we had a car. When I had to go to the main building, I drove. :laugh: Also, when we were there, the Paddock bus stop was FIRST to be picked up and FIRST to be dropped off. It was just PERFECT.

I can’t wait to hear more about your trip!!! And have fun shopping for a dress for Sara!

ok last one and I have to go endure the pain of dress shopping with a teenager. there are little bodies of water surrounding each “section”…all have a fountain like this one…well the ones I saw did anyway.

welcome back! great pix! i can’t wait for more!

[QUOTE=iluvwdw;933850]Welcome Home, Dana!!! The pics are REALLY gorgeous. :wub: When I stayed there, we stayed in the very first Carousel Building, next to the Paddock bus stop. I didn’t think it was that far away, but then again we had a car. When I had to go to the main building, I drove. :laugh: Also, when we were there, the Paddock bus stop was FIRST to be picked up and FIRST to be dropped off. It was just PERFECT.

I can’t wait to hear more about your trip!!! And have fun shopping for a dress for Sara![/QUOTE]

They must have changed the bus route. It went grandstand, Carousel, paddock, congress park and then the springs. It didn’t matter. We had perfect timing with busses the entire trip. the longest I waited was ten minutes. I was either really blessed or their bus system is perfectly ran.

Welcome home Dana. Your pics of SSR are awesome, looks really beautiful. When we stopped in there in October to see the DVC models I was really impressed with SSR and how pretty and well themed it was.

Looking forward to more TR!