Hey all. Hope you have all been well. I got in around 6:30pm and am just now getting myself on here to check in. I don’t have the luxury of having tomorrow off, so I had to get myself organized tonight…so much to do in so little time. I don’t really know how to start a report for this trip. I took no notes…barely any pictures. We had SO many bumps in the road on this one, but still managed to have some seriously magical moments. I will try and start something tomorrow, but don’t think that I have all that much to say about this trip. I know…the shock. I am just afriad it will come out in one big complaint…lol It wasn’t horrible by any means, but so much went wrong with this trip…so many moments I wanted to scream at someone “what the heck did you do with my WDW?”.
Here are some highlights of great moments:
- pirate and princess party
- winning a magic pass while on TOT
- hanging out with good friends
- spending time with my DD
- EMH at MGM last night until 1am
- EMH in general were a God send…we utilized them every day
- O’hanna’s dinner our first night - I am happy to say the food and service was it’s old self…EXCELLENT!
- Phil in the gift shop at POFQ…he rocks
- private meet with Jafar (thanks rowdy!)
- Regina my mousekeeper…she knocked on my door to say goodbye today…
Bad moments :
- getting the run around about my check in time.
- the bus service in general
- Rose and crown…never again
- pin traders at DTD trying to rip my kid off …GRRR another pin trader boasting about how he ripped off a kid…GRRRR
- rude guests…it’s even more apparent when the crowds are larger
- rude CM’s…I snapped at one who was so rude to my DD that she wanted to cry.
- The owfits people wear in a family park. I could start an entire thread on what people should not wear…talk about disgusting in some cases.
- mass exits…I have always been claustrophobic, but it hit an all time high this year. I can’t believe how bad it is now…I was in tears leaving illuminatiions…I just can’t do that large leave at all…it’s horrible for me. Ruined the night and made every one around me feel uncomfortable cause I was a basket case.
So that’s something to hold you all over until I can sit and do a day-by-day. We really had a great time. The bad things were brushed under the carpet as much as possible…if not, it would have ruined entire days or the entire stay. I have to seriously think about whether I want to return to POFQ in august next year. Their buses were a mess and I think it ran terrible due to the amount of people at both the PO resorts. It shoudln’t take an hour to get to the AK…not at 7am… I was grabbing cabs more than I ever have…lol I can’t imagine how the people at POR feel when they are always having to stand when the bus finally gets to them. I assure you this wasn’t the case when I stayed there in october that year.
The pin traders at DTD are not meant for rookies…there is an african americal gentleman down there with a grayish beard who was boasting about how he got three cast member lanyards pins off a kid for a regualr old tigger pin…it was horrible to listen to him. I would not allow my child to trade with him at all. Another guy tried ripping my kid off completely getting her to trade 5 pins for one crap pin…until I came over…she is not allowed to trade with them without my supervision from now on. Good part of the trading down there is there are a few really great people that were extremely helpful to Sara, so there are more good than bad people there.
I will try and put something together soon…I just don’t know what to say guys. It was one of those trips where 50% of the day went wrong and the other 50% was perfect…everything I say is going to sound terrible. I just don’t want it to come off wrong. I’ll work on it for you.