Dana's 2011 Trip plans

Here are the plans in full now that the trip has been adjusted to meet my unfortunate downgrade in Disney vacation funds. Let me know what you think.

August 19th -
Up at 3am to start driving
on road all day and intend to put as many miles between me and NJ as possible.
Stop for the night when I feel like I can’t drive any more

August 20th -
Up early to hit the road
Hopefully at WDW by noon at the latest.
Hit the first park we can after checking in
Epcot world showcase makes the most sense since by the time we check in
and get settled, it will be early evening.

August 21st -
Hollywood studios for rope drop since there is no morning EMH this day.
Tour HS until we are tired or the heat gets to us.
Break for lunch
outlets or DTD at night

August 22nd -
EMH Animal Kingdom
Tour till we drop
break
DD’s pick at night

August 23rd -
EMH Magic Kingdom
tour till we drop
break
DD’s pick at night

August 24th -
ADR at CP for 8:20am
Little Magic Kingdom
Outlets for the rest of the day
Night at the resort or DTD

August 25th -
DD’s pick of the park for rope drop
Tour till we drop
break
My pick for the night

August 26th -
EMH Epcot
tour until we drop
break
EMH Magic Kingdom
pack up

August 27th -
EMH Hollywood Studios
tour until check out at resort
Party up until it’s time to drive
Drive until night fall

August 28th - drive till we get to NJ

These plans are SO loose! I want to just do what we feel like it when we feel like it and enjoy our trip. This will be more of a vacation and less of a commando invasion of WDW then ever. It took so much doing to make this trip possible that I want to just enjoy the magic. I cancelled every ADR we made excpet for Crystal Palace. It’s really going to be a “whatever” trip.:laugh: I will probally drive to most of the parks to avoid the POP transpo except for MK days.

Dana it sounds like a perfect vacation to just go with the flow. we do that now we go back just about every year or so… we just enjoy disney without killing ourselves to do it… lol

Great plan! You will have a wonderful trip!

Sounds wonderful! A very relaxing, go with the flow trip. Have fun!

We love not doing the commando routine now that the kids are grown. Plans sound as loose as possible. You guys should have a wonderful time.

As to the ADR’s, we only book 1-2 favorites and play it by ear from there. 407-WDW-DINE gets a workout when we are there.:laugh:

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1081959]We love not doing the commando routine now that the kids are grown. Plans sound as loose as possible. You guys should have a wonderful time.

As to the ADR’s, we only book 1-2 favorites and play it by ear from there. 407-WDW-DINE gets a workout when we are there.:laugh:[/QUOTE]

We had six or so booked for this trip because we had the free DDP. Now that we have downgraded to a value, our free DDP is the counter one which is my preference to tell you the truth. If we decide to add one while there, we will…or not…lol I have such a horrible OCD thing with being early to everything. It makes the park time stressful as I start to watch the clock and not do stuff as to make it to the ADR early. It’s annoying when you honestly are only going to experience average to ok food at the end of it that leaves you feels over-stuffed and gross afterward. I like eating on the run and just walking up and picking a place. The week we are there is the week BEFORE free DDP, so that should help with walking up if we choose to.

Nice. I know you will enjoy the time to relax after everything tht has taken place.

dana sounds good I will be on my last night on the 20th when you get there at pop as well hope you have a great time

You might know this, but you park for FREE at all the parks, with the parking pass they give you at the resort - just hold it up when you approach the gate and they wave you in. POP is the perfect location to getting to all the park easily - that’s why I love POP!! At check in if you ask, they will also give you a map of the WDW area too, so you have something to follow. Not sure if you have driven before, but it’s a ONE SIGN DEAL, they tell you ONE TIME where to go, no repeats! :laugh::laugh: But again - POP is in a great location for driving and most parks you can walk to the entrance without even using the trams. Even MK days, we park, walk to T&TC and then take the boat over to the parks - it’s a nice relaxing way to start the day! ENJOY!!

PS. You can also book Kona for breakfast or Ohana and then leave your car at the Poly and us the monorail on MK days. A cast member told me that the resort pass allows you to park for the day. Free parking there or Free parking at the lots, either way they are OK with it.

Dana, if you haven’t already, make sure you ge the Drive I-95 book. It tells you all the gas stations, hotels, restaurants and other tid bits of each exit.

Your plans are great. I love to go and decide what you want to do on the spur of the moment. Lose plans are the best plans. Always makes your vacation a little less stressful.

You may get spoiled with driving to the parks as you will notice all the extra time you have and the time you saved not taking the buses. Make sure to, if you go to a park in the afternoon or evening and you are driving, you could get a spot up close after another patron has left. That is always nice too.

You could also walk from the TTC to the Poly to take the monorail over if you do not have a reservation their. It is not a far walk at all. The Poly also has a small counter service area where you can get B/L/D or a snack. Hang out on the beach at nicht and watch the water pagent and then the fireworks, AWESOME! But, I am sure you knew that already:)

Have fun!!!

I like the idea of a ‘whatever’ trip- its so nice to be able to make plans as they happen rather than stick to a rigid schedule. But the ‘loose’ plans sound wonderful, I know you’ll have a great time.

Your plans sound wonderful ~ you’re just missing “Stop by Jen and have our picture taken” on the 21st :heart:

I wish I could be there to see you relax! 'Cause that would be kinda like spotting a unicorn or something…unbelievable!:laugh:

Your plans sound terrific! You’ll be so spoiled by driving to the parks - gives you at least a full hour extra of park time!

allears.net just updated the POP pictures - FYI!

Pop Century Photos

Sounds like the perfect plans! I like the idea of just getting counter service. You can eat when and where you feel like it.

I love the “tour til we drop” phrase. We do the same kind of thing, wide open in the morning and whatever in the evenings after a nap/swim break. Makes the day so enjoyable. We usually have dinner early so we have alot of time in the evening to hit whatever strikes us. Have a great time!

Dana, looks great to me. I find that every trip is very, very special in its own way. Whether we are braking the bank or cutting a few costs.

Have fun!

[QUOTE=hiner;1081973]Dana, if you haven’t already, make sure you ge the Drive I-95 book. It tells you all the gas stations, hotels, restaurants and other tid bits of each exit.

Your plans are great. I love to go and decide what you want to do on the spur of the moment. Lose plans are the best plans. Always makes your vacation a little less stressful.

You may get spoiled with driving to the parks as you will notice all the extra time you have and the time you saved not taking the buses. Make sure to, if you go to a park in the afternoon or evening and you are driving, you could get a spot up close after another patron has left. That is always nice too.

You could also walk from the TTC to the Poly to take the monorail over if you do not have a reservation their. It is not a far walk at all. The Poly also has a small counter service area where you can get B/L/D or a snack. Hang out on the beach at nicht and watch the water pagent and then the fireworks, AWESOME! But, I am sure you knew that already:)

Have fun!!![/QUOTE]

I got that book. It’s awesome! I intend to use that while driving to pick which exits to get off on etc.

Thanks to all for taking a minute to look at my plans. I am really excited now! I am almost at the 30 days mark…almost!