Dana's Big ol Disney trip plans

Hey, all! I am in the “teens” and figured I would post my plans. I have a big group going to the world with me this year and am a little anxious about it. So, feel free to interject and make polite comments. (Cavey…Soundgod)…don’t want to pick anyone out…lol j/k

Meet my group:
Me, DD and three of her friends at Art of Animation in the Lion King room
My GF and her daughter staying at Pop Century

Friday, 8/17
Leaving NJ at midnight and driving straight through.
Arrive in Orlando - 5pm-ish
Staying at Seralgo Family Suites

[B][U]Saturday, 8/18[/U][/B]
Wake-up at 5am
Check GF and her daughter in at Pop
Me and the gang head to AoA
Extra Magic Hours at Hollywood Studios
Break at 1pm
Unpack and get settled in
Party at my place at 7pm - Stop by if you are in town.

[B][U]Sunday, 8/19[/U][/B]
GF and her daughter have ressies for CRT (daughter is 9)
Me and the posse are heading to Epcot for opening
break at lunch time
Kids on their own at night
GF scheduled to do Fantasmic!
Me: touring Beach Club and Boardwalk (rooms and villas)

[B][U]Monday, 8/20[/U][/B]
Extra Magic Hours at Animal Kingdom (all)
break at lunch time
GF sceduled to do Illuminations and the World Showcase at night
Kids on their own
ME: Tour AKL (rooms, villa and suites)

[B][U]Tuesday, 8/21[/U][/B]
GF breakfast at Ohana for 7:30am
Me and the gang breakfast at 1900 park fare same time
All - Magic Kingdom for rope drop
break at lunch time
GF scheduled to do Wishes and ELP
Kids on their own
Me: touring Royal Rooms, OKW renno rooms and Saratoga if time

[B][U]Wednesday, 8/22[/U][/B]
All but me Water park
Me: Laundry and AOA room tours
T-rex at 4pm
Disney Quest at night for all

[B][U]Thursday, 8/23[/U][/B]
All - MK for rope drop
break at lunch
GF - have no clue what’s she’s doing
kids on their own
Me: touring Poly, GF and Bay Lake - possible Contemporary too
[B][U]
Friday, 8/24[/U][/B]
Dana’s do all or die trying Disney day starting with EMH at Epcot
no breaks - no tours…hard core baby!
[B][U]
Saturday, 8/25[/U][/B]
EMH at Hollywood Studios
ME: Bed at 5pm
Everyone else - out of my face so I can sleep
Leaving at midnight :slight_smile:

This trip is going to be work and pleasure for me. I want my space and to give the two groups plenty of time on their own to have fun while I do my thing.

You have it all planned out well!!! If things work out with my DDs new job, we will be there during the same time!! Still waiting—I have two weeks to cancel the room…

I am not good at waiting-----:wacko:

What a wonderful way to work! And, just think I would imagine you can write the trip off on taxes seeing it was work related. Sounds like a good mix of friends, family, independence and get togetherness. That’s why you are so good at you do!

[QUOTE=smallworld;1117554]You have it all planned out well!!! If things work out with my DDs new job, we will be there during the same time!! Still waiting—I have two weeks to cancel the room…

I am not good at waiting-----:wacko:[/QUOTE]

If you happen to be there, feel free to stop by Art of Animation around 7pm.

Thanks for saying so! I feel so blessed to be able to mix business and pleasure.

…we may just do that…I would love to see the resort…thank you!

Great Plans.

We are ariving late on the 24th we will pick up were you left off.

…I should add to that…that I would love to meet you as well! :redface:

Sounds like a great tripI think you are my new idol…writing off a trip to WDW…you rock!!!

I want to go so I can do all the villas and rooms wih you!

Sounds like you have everything under control. Are you taking just one car? A large van? Umm - when do you eat?

Ok, fantastic. What else can we say, you are THE planner. Isn’t it great to be with “grown-up” kids ?

[QUOTE=llama;1117577]
Are you taking just one car? A large van? Umm - when do you eat?[/QUOTE]

That’s what I was wondering?

Also are you doing some kind of dining plan? I know in the past you liked the QS plan.

I got it! LOL:flowers:

I don’t know that I can write it all off, but perhaps the drive and the room…lol

[QUOTE=llama;1117577]I want to go so I can do all the villas and rooms wih you!

Sounds like you have everything under control. Are you taking just one car? A large van? Umm - when do you eat?[/QUOTE]

We are taking a 7 passenger van. It’s a monster - I am the driver because I am the control freak and I am not a good passenger.

Eating will be done when we are hungry. We are on the counter service plan, so it’s whenever we feel like it. We only have two scheduled meals and that is plenty.

Taking grown up kids is sad in one way, but going to be fun in another way. It’s an emotional trip in some ways for me, but I have a feeling I may enjoy seeing Disney a new way…

Sounds like a full week! It will be interesting to hear about many of the places you will be touring. Best of the luck with the driving.

[QUOTE=Dana;1117551]So, feel free to interject and make polite comments. (Cavey…Soundgod)…don’t want to pick anyone out…lol

[/QUOTE]

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:Shocked! Just Shocked that I would be accused of such!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

You are right. I am such a meanie…:laugh:

I am kinda excited to get to tour places for some reason…is that silly?:laugh: The driving is going to be interesting for sure. Last time I drove, it was just my daughter and I. This time, I have 5 other people to deal with …if they do the “how much longer” deal, I will leave them on the highway:fork_off: