Dana's CSR experience

Helllooo all! It’s been awhile since I have been on. My apologies. I had a horrible last couple of months and spent my time venting a bit on facebook about poor drivers and playing a combination of mafia wars and cafe world. Everyone needs a break from time to time and that was mine. Hope I am still welcome as a member and moderator. Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season ( I did not and would prefer to leave it at that).

So, I had the pleasure of going to CSR resorts last week for work. We arrived on Wednesday 1/6 and left Friday 1/8. Not a lot of time ,but free trip, so who cares?

I don’t have any pictures, so I will give you a daily summary and some thoughts on the resort at the end.

Frist want to apologize o both llama and ddoll who I was suppose to try and meet up with. My only free night was at Epcot where I got stuck playing tour guide to my boss and my team. Never got a single second to myself to escape. I was on heavy watch…lol They may have even had a tracking device on me…:laugh: Every time I snuck out of a meeting to use the bathroom or just walk a second, a boss of some sort followed…it was kinda creepy actually.:laugh:

Background story:

The company I work for, Advance Auto parts, has a General Manager’s conference every year and this year chose to go to WDW much to my delight. We took over (seriously took over) the entire CSR resort starting on Sunday 1/3. We have three areas (areas 3 - 5) that attended this and they had to break us up into three seperate conferences as there are over 2 thousand of us in each area. I am in area five and went to the final conference (yeah me).

Day one 1/6 travel day:

My flight was leaving out of philly airport at 11:20am. My roomie and I decided to go to the airport early to avoid the rush hour traffic going into philly which would have caused me major road rage as I am always the driver when it comes to going into the city. I arrived at my DBF’s house at 6:30am and he drove us to he airport and dropped us curb-side so I didn’t have to pay to park. We ended up checking out luggage so we didn’t have to carry it around the airport and $25 later, I was bag free. RIDICULOUS price for one single bag…stupid US air. Yes, I flew US Airways and most of you know I loathe them. I hd no choice as to which airline I flew as the company paid for this.

Once we checked in and went through the security (very efficient this time), we found a place to eat and met up with a few other GMs who were also super early for our 11:20 flight. We waited what felt like forever and took off exactly on time which is amazing for US airways. I can’t remember a time where I took off when I was suppose to with them. The flight was uneventful and I sat next to a brand new District manager I have only met once. He is a VERY big (not fat, big) man…so not much room…lolol The landing was VERY bumpy and a woman let out a scream that only a woman could do…high-pitched and quite annoying. Being Dana, I turned to this brand new manly DM and said “why did you scream like that?”…puzzled he said “that wasn’t me”…laughing I said “I am going to make sure I tell every single person on this plane it was”…shocked he said “you wouldn’t”…grinning I stuck out my hand and said “you haven’t met me have you…my name is Dana from Jersey”…I then proceeded to tell each and every person on the plane that Keith screams like a girl. LOLOL!!!

Day one continued.

Once I got my merry group of travelers in order (no one knew what the heck to do with Magical Express), I booked it to the ME check in and proceeded to the CSR line. People were struggling to keep up with me already and I warned them that they needed to move it or lose me. With a smile of course so they didn’t know if I was kidding. The story of Keith screaming like a girl had spread like wild fire thanks to me telling a big mouth DM…lolol

CSR supposedly gave us our own busses. My group got in line with a person who was training. He did about 35MPH the entire ride and I wanted to kill him. Very unmagical and unexpress…oh well.

We finally got to CSR and proceeded to the conference area to check in and get our rooms. I was blessed and got Casitas (spelling?) building one which was to the left of the convention center. I was assigned room 1315 over looking a parking lot. The resort is HUGE, but beautiful. We checked in and found out our dinner was in two hours…unreal. We had to go stalk the luggage holding center to wait for our bags so we could get ready. We got our bags and took them to the room ourselves and got ready for our awards dinner.

The awards dinner ran from 5:30pm until 9:45…yeah long dinner. AAP made the mistake of having beer at every table and open bars every where. Some people who dont’ know how to act got completely trashed and acted like idiots. Not me. I only had a few glasses of wine at dinner and controlled myself. I would like to one day get promoted and won’t do that if I act like an idiot.

Once the dinner was over we about 200 of us) went to the gift shop and bought some wine and beer an took over the outside tables and hung out for a hour or two. My roomie and I drank wine from Pooh and princess sippy cups…lolol We called it a night around 10:30 and headed to the room…others stayed.

Deepest apologies to any famly at the resort during this week…holy lord.

I found a drunk guy falling all over himself in the courtyard…left him there. He got terminated BTW…everyone was warned to not act like that.

Once back at the room, I showered and tried to sleep.

Day two - 1/7

Neither me or my roomate managed to sleep much at all. The 4:30am alarm went off and we both groaned. We were dressed and out of the room at 6am. Grabbed coffee and headed to our 6:30am breakfast. I took one look at it and suggested we head to the Pepper Market and buy breakfast. The Pepper Market is Awesome. Excellent food and excellent sevice. Everyone working there was AWESOME!!

After breakfast, we headed to our 8am General Session that broke out at 10:30. After the morning session we had an all-day vendor show that lasted until 3pm. That was kinda cool actually.

After the vendor show they lined us up for our park pass distribution. I was first in line of couse.:laugh: They told us were only allowed to go to Epcot. I didn’t even read the pass until I got to Epcot…I could have went to any park. I was so annoyed. I really wanted to go to HS, but was already here and had my tour group pumped about all the things I was taking them to see. While in line, I called the Dining line and was able to ge Ohanna for 9:50pm…my group did not want to go and I was SO annoyed. I almost went alone.lol I didn’t however and pouted most of the night…lol Silently pouted inside my head of course.

I took the group over to Soarin and secured FPs for all. We then went over and did Nemo. After Nemo I took them over to Misssion Space and they all did that. Time posted for waiting was 20min and ended up being an hour. I waited as I don’t ride that one. I talked with other poeple I ran into outside the ride and gave them touring advice. By now every person knew I was a Disney freak and wnated to know where they shoud go etc. Even the RVP who I ran into outside MS. After MS, I took them to Test track and waited for them to do that. I can’t stand that ride…totally not worth waiting for in my opinion. I hung out with a pack of managers and waited for my group. My group included my boss, so I couldn’t go anywhere…it was cool and stunk at the same time.

After TT we went back and did Soarin. Everyone loved it. We then ate at Sunshine Seasons and headed to the World Showcase. We did some of the countries and everyone I was with had fun. We headed out as Illuminations started (I will not stay for the mass exit) and told them they could, but eveyone was tired and had enough.

Once back at the resort, we all headed to our rooms and called it a night. We encountered all the “party” managers on the way…I can’t believe they were still drinking…my goodness.:laugh:

Day three - 1/8

We both slept…dead. Alarm went off at 4:30am and we got ready, packed up our stuff and headed out…not before I saw the “bouce back offer” that was on the table. I didn’t see it the night before.

We headed down for our coffee and had a bagel. Our morning session started at 7:30am…grrr. It went on FOREVER!!! I snuck out so much…just wasn’t able to sit anymore.

I went to the concierge desk and tried to find a way to get my DD the Jack Skelton hoodie from HS. There was no way I was going to be able to do it. The concierge guy, Micheal gave me a free pass to HS…I wanted to cry. There was no way I was going to get there. Who gets a free park pass and can’t use it?? If that wasn’t a testement to my dedication to this job, I don’t know what is.

General session left out at 2:30pm…I was done and out of there at 1pm and was in the Pepper Market eating my lunch and sulking…lol Unfortunately, my boss was my shadow and I couldn’t do anything!!

After we were completely done, I took my bounce back offer and got in the conierge line. Matt was kind enough to let me use his phone to call the number. The offer I had was for a room only. The CM on the phone was able to find me a package offer that was being offered at other resorts and I saved $627 on my August trip. Don’t need to wait for free DDP now. That was the best thing that happened the entire time I was there.

[QUOTE=Dana;1012326] Every time I snuck out of a meeting to use the bathroom or just walk a second, a boss of some sort followed…it was kinda creepy actually.:laugh:

[/QUOTE]

OMG! See, they know you’re the ‘Disney chick’ & totally didn’t trust you! They were nervous you were gonna sneak out a back door! :laugh:

Travel home was on time and no issue. I had a 4:45 time for ME, so no down-time on the last day at all. AGain, sorry to llama and ddoll for not being able to connect with either of you.

Review of CSR:

The resort, altough huge, is gorgeous. The cast members are friendly and super helpful especially those in concierge. The Pepper Market was awesome. The rooms were perfect and nicely designed. Mousekeeping was horrible. They didn’t even make my bed and never emptied the trash can, but did make my room mate’s bed…kinda weird.

It was a nice resort for a convention, but didn’t feel like a vacation place for me. I don’t know if it was becuase I was on a business trip or because I felt so badly for the families who were actually there for pleasure and not business. I just wouldn’t want to encounter a group like mine while I was on a vacation ,so I would never pick to stay there.

So, that it. Nice appetizer to my 10day trip in August that was free. Not to much magic time, but at least I got to go to one park. That’s better than nothing right?

:laugh:[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;1012334]OMG! See, they know you’re the ‘Disney chick’ & totally didn’t trust you! They were nervous you were gonna sneak out a back door! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

I know! Totally annoyed me. I felt like I was on house arrest or something.:laugh:

sounds like a great trip!!!

OH, well that was awesome!

I was SUPER thrilled with that savings. My 9night, ten day trip with counter service plan is now a total of 2268…that’s insane pricing. I’m not complaining. I have been to WDW so many times and have never been able to take advantage of a bounce-back offer…so thrilled I finally was able to.

Dana, I am heading up to WDW in a few days for DD’s b-day. I will gladly get you the Jack Hoodie if you want me too. PM me your cell so I can send pictures so I know I have the right one??

Let me know, it will be NO PROBLEM at all.

hahaha they had their eyes on you didn’t they!!!
Well it sounds like it was short but fun!!

So glad to hear from you- I definitely noticed your absence!

Did you really expect to be trusted at Disney? :laugh: And I loved the way you tortured the new manager.

But honestly, after reading all of this… and this will show you where my head is… my main thought is, “Cafe World? I NEED another neighbor to expand!!!” :laugh:

wow!! that is freaking awesome! congrats!!

Nice to see you back posting!
Was the bounce back for free dining? I have high hopes for my Sept/Oct trip. I should have booked it this past trip.

Welcome back. It sounds like you had a nice (quick) trip to hold you over until August, it’s better than nothing.

Now, get to planning your August trip, you’re behind.

I think you should put in for overtime, after all those disney guilds cost tons of money.

[QUOTE=Andrea;1012374]So glad to hear from you- I definitely noticed your absence!

Did you really expect to be trusted at Disney? :laugh: And I loved the way you tortured the new manager.

But honestly, after reading all of this… and this will show you where my head is… my main thought is, “Cafe World? I NEED another neighbor to expand!!!” :laugh:[/QUOTE]

You must befriend me!! I have 19 neighbors and am always looking for more…I think I’m currently on level 57 or something…lmao!

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1012398]Welcome back. It sounds like you had a nice (quick) trip to hold you over until August, it’s better than nothing.

Now, get to planning your August trip, you’re behind.[/QUOTE]

Yes, behind on here, but never behind in planning… I have all my travel stuff bought and packed…I only need asprin and stuff like that.

I am starting to debate ADRs cause I can book them next month…ahhh so good to be back home on MB where I belong.:heart:

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;1012368]Dana, I am heading up to WDW in a few days for DD’s b-day. I will gladly get you the Jack Hoodie if you want me too. PM me your cell so I can send pictures so I know I have the right one??

Let me know, it will be NO PROBLEM at all.[/QUOTE]

Done deal…already ordered it when I got home and it will be here in time for DD’s Bday next month. Thank you for offering however. VERY kind of you.