Date for WDW Christmas Day Parade Filming

Just found this little bit of info:

The filming for WDW Christmas Day Parade will be 2 days this year. Friday, November 30th and Saturday, December 1st. Again, 11/30 and 12/1.

Thanks for the heads up Rowdy! :slight_smile:

lalalalalalalala - what, its not live - on christmas morning? i refuse to read anymore of your lies!!! i know it’s not taped a month early…lalalalalalala (hands on ears/eyes so i don’t have to read anymore)

:blush: :laugh:

Well, it IS shot live…just aired on a different day. :biggrin:

nope, i’m not listening!! its ON christmas!! don’t make me come down there and pinch you!:pirate: :laugh:

We arrive Nov 30th, we are going to try & go on Dec 1st. We have ADR’s in Epcot for Dinner though.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Matt, do you have any idea what time the shooting will be over on the 1st? That’s the day we come home and we always spend that day at MK. Don’t want to have to fight the crowds. Thanks for the heads up.

I’m curious, can anyone be a part of the audience, or do they hand pick who gets to participate. I constantly watch the Mariah Carey version on you tube, and every time I wonder how those people got in the front row, and without anyone pushing and shoving each other.

Too bad we’ll just miss it as we get there on Dec. 7th.

They always shoot in the morning and up to the early afternoon. Now if it was a rainy and ugly morning, they may try again in the afternoon.

QUOTE=bethishooked]I’m curious, can anyone be a part of the audience, or do they hand pick who gets to participate. I constantly watch the Mariah Carey version on you tube, and every time I wonder how those people got in the front row, and without anyone pushing and shoving each other.[/QUOTE]

Of course anyone can be part of the audience. In fact, on days they’re filming in the park they put up a disclaimer saying there’s a possibility you will be on TV whether you want to be or not because you’re in the park. As far as the people for the acts who are up front at he castle they just happend to be in the right place at the right time. First come first serve, just like any castle show performance on any day.

Oh, and when you’re constantly watching Mariah Carey on YouTube, do you point out Goofy and say, “I know him!”? :biggrin:

We go to WDW every year the first weekend in December. My ds’s bday is Dec 10th so we make it part of his bday celebration. I love the decorations and all that is going on. I should get santa hats made up saying “It is my bday”, “It is my son’s bday”, “It is my grandson’s bday” etc. One for every family member. Maybe that would help us get us tv. In 5 years it hasnt happened once yet.

Down girl…WDw’s magic freezes time until XMas day…it does happen live…dont’ beleive these other people…you know I wouldn’t lie to you.:laugh:

Thanks once again for the info Rowdy, you are the best! We will miss the taping since we arrive on the 5th but we will not miss the best event at WDW…we will be watching Goofy in his new show on the 6th!!!

Yeah, Disney used the same magic as Santa does. How else does he travel the world in one night??? (hmmm, I wonder if Santa has a patent on it, maybe disney might be in some legal trouble???:laugh: :laugh: )

If that were the case I highly doubt Santa would be willing to be in the parade at the end :laugh:

Maybe that falls under “if you are in the park, you might be part of the filming, so be aware” clause.

Rowdy, if one tried to enter the park late-afternoon, would one be crazy for trying? Friday, we were planning an AK day and Saturday, sleep in and/or DTD day but maybe we would pop over for a few hours. Should we expect a 2 hr wait for small world???

I think I am going to avoid the MK on this day. I am arriving that morning and I think we will try to get to one of the other parks by noon.

Also keep in mind that the MK closes at 7 pm on this day for MVMCP. Although Wishes looks attractive at 6 pm, I think it will be packed due to this parade filming.

I’m thinking drop off my luggage at hotel and get room keys, go to AK until closing time at 5 pm, go back to hotel and view room and ask for luggage to be delivered, unwind for a bit, then go to Epcot for Illuminations. Epcot has EMH in evening that day.

You have a good point that MK might be packed on Friday, but on Saturday I believe MK is open late.

I just checked WDW site and on Dec 1, MK is open until midnight.

We were there last year on one of the filming days! We got into MK about mid morning and got the train from main street as they were filming the floats coming down main street and I wasn’t fighting those crowds. The rest of the park was fairly quiet!