Dates of free dining '2009'

Does anyone remember what the dates were for free dining in 2009?
We have an early Nov. 2010 reservation made and I’m thinking last year they were sometime in the fall.
If reservations have already been made thru Disney with meal plan included will they credit me the cost and I will be included in free meal plan if it co-incides with our dates?
Thanks for input.

I don’t know the dates for last year’s free dining, but it was extended into the fall. In 2005 we had an existing reservation with the dining plan and heard about free dining from a relative, and it was for the time we were going to vacationing. We called and they credited us the cost of the dining plan.:happy:I am pretty sure that is Disney’s standard policy, but you do have to call and ask for it if they do offer free dining during your planned trip.

I want to say, but don’t quote me that is was April or May?? I know we went in early March for the buy 4 get 3 deal. And shorly after we came home the free dinning was being promoted.

Free dining came out march 26 last year and was for aug and extended till earlydec

They usually announce the dates for free dining in late March or early April. Generally they are offered from mid-August through Sept. However, last year they had deals going on left and right and it was extended through much of autumn.

If the date coincide with your current reservation, they will credit you the amount of the dining plan if it, in fact, becomes free during your planned visit.

Are there usually any “deals” during the month of June?

Not really, other than possible Florida resident and AP rates.
June is a secondary “premium” period because it falls between Memorial Day and July 4th and many early summer vacationers head there as soon as schools let out.

I wonder if they are going to do free dining this year. Seems like quite a few people got PIN codes for the August free dining. Would they offer a PIN then turn around and offer it to the public?:huh:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1017352]Not really, other than possible Florida resident and AP rates.
June is a secondary “premium” period because it falls between Memorial Day and July 4th and many early summer vacationers head there as soon as schools let out.[/QUOTE]

Yuck! not what I really wanted to hear…

Yes, that’s what I remember as well. My parents went late November and had free dining.

Last year I got free dining in December because of a pin code, but a couple of months later Disney offered it to everyone. I think that is how they usually do it.

We got that too. The advantage of the PIN codes is that the number of rooms at the resorts for the free DDP is limited and if you get a PIN code you’re a couple of months ahead of the crowd.

Free Dining became available for the fall:
9/27/09-12/17/09 package deal (“free dining”) for Disney Rewards Visa Cardholders 7/24/09, exp 9/26/09;
9/27/09-12/17/09 package deal (“free dining”) for general public 7/27/09, exp 9/26/09.