Daws

Has anyone ever completed drinking around the world? My friend and I are planning on trying

My DH and dad did once a long time ago, it was quite hilarious! They were two very jolly fellows when we finally made it around. Germany almost did them in.

My dad tried it a few years ago and started to the right. He almost made it but quit at Germany. Now this was during the W-F fest and he went to every booth for at least one. After he quit he had a few more drinks but passed up about 5 booths later on. It was hot and he said the different beers did him in. He was funny and had a lot of jokes and real friendly with everyone.

I see DAW and I am automatically programmed to think Digital Audio Workstation (Pro Tools, Vegas, Digital Performer etc).
Tangentially, when you hear “DHS” do you think Disney’s Hollywood Studios or Department of Homeland Security?

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1136979]I see DAW and I am automatically programmed to think Digital Audio Workstation (Pro Tools, Vegas, Digital Performer etc).
Tangentially, when you hear “DHS” do you think Disney’s Hollywood Studios or Department of Homeland Security?[/QUOTE]

DHS only means Hollywood Studios to me…:laugh:

I would never make it around the world. I am not a big drinker, and you need to be to make it all the way around. I would be sitting in a pool of my own vomit by Germany.

DAW to me is getting a Gray Goose slushie in France and carrying that with me as I walk throught the rest of the countires.

Bring some money. Not cheap, that’s for sure.

Today? Did I do it today? No.

However …

That pretty much would be my idea of it too!

So, we should create the DAW index. A way of listing all drinks available to complete the DAW task. It would also include the cost of each drink for a total called the DAW index.

Once calculated for the year we could then determine the rate of Disney beverage inflation or deflation if dreans do come true…

Just a thought.

[QUOTE=Dansharon5;1137019]So, we should create the DAW index. A way of listing all drinks available to complete the DAW task. It would also include the cost of each drink for a total called the DAW index.

Once calculated for the year we could then determine the rate of Disney beverage inflation or deflation if dreans do come true…

Just a thought.[/QUOTE]
Mind. Blown.

I have no drank in 15 years but must say I have been intrigued to spend one cool fall day trying this with a good friend

Nope, i never make it past the tequilla bar in mexico lol…

15 years! My gawd you must be parched.

Hmmmmmmm … :huh:

LOL- DYING of thirst. Actually, no alcohol in 15 years - not because of any issues just personal choice that was for a season in my life that just stuck. Every now and again I think to myself, a Corona would be nice…but my kids have never seen me drink and they are always around, so I think they would FREAK if they saw it…but I saw some guys DAW one day and they were having a blast. If I were ever to start again it would be to DAW or at least try. You know if you are gonna do something - GO ALL OUT:happy:

My dd and I were innocently passing by the Australian Wine-tasting Kiosk one year - minding our own business at 10 in the morning - when these lovely Aussie lads persuaded us to fill in the last two stools in the first wine-tasting of the day…and that’s the last thing I remember. Australian Wines + no breakfast= Oblivion.

:pinch: :laugh::laugh:

A great place to start! Usually make it to UK. That’s where it ends for me.

I’m not a big drinker only because I start to get too sleepy after a few drinks and just want to go nap somewhere. I prefer to eat around the world. But on my last trip I saw a cute idea - there was a group with DAW T shirts with each country listed on the back and blank line next to each, and they wrote in the drink they had in each country with a Sharpie. I thought it was a neat way to remember the trip. The handwriting did get a little shakier farther down the shirt. :laugh: