Day Before Cruise Lodging?

Hello everyone…
We are setting sail on Dec 5th on the Wonder and then spending 5 nights at Disney. We are flying in on the 4th, early, and will have that whole day. Should we stay at WDW, and find a good AP rate and then drive over in the morning…OR…stay near the Ship. There are alot in that area, but seem to be older style motels. I think we would prefer staying by the beach/beach area (warm enough?). Any recommendations for the Port Canaveral area (the Radisson is booked)
Thanks…
DEN :pirate:

How about Ron Jons. I hear it’s close to the port, on the beach and suppose to be great.

We always stay at Disney before the cruise. Technically, you don’t have to be to the port until about noon to check in, no use going earlier, you will just have to wait inline until you can get onboard around 1 PM. I would rather do that, and spend the morning packing and having a nice breakfast at Kona Cafe than having to pack up the day before and check out early and spend that day getting over to the new hotel, just so you can sit around there until noon.