DCL and next years celebration

I was thinking about taking a cruise with the kids for my 29 birthday. I was thinking about leaving March 13th be in Disney for my birthday on the 14th and stay a few days till that thursday and then do the 3 day cruise.
Does anyone know if the celebration thing going on in WDW is for the cruise too? I wasnt too sure.
Also… When in 2009 will a passport be required? I think I was told after June but not to certain.

Thanks all:heart:

Here is what we received in our updates about your very question… :mickey:

“This promotion is specifically designed for Disneyland and Walt Disney World. Disney Cruise Line already hosts celebrations of this nature during each and every voyage. From birthdays and anniversaries to weddings and vow renewals our onboard team is dedicated to making these occasions magical for our guests.”

[QUOTE=BaaBeE9;885966]Here is what we received in our updates about your very question… :mickey:

“This promotion is specifically designed for Disneyland and Walt Disney World. Disney Cruise Line already hosts celebrations of this nature during each and every voyage. From birthdays and anniversaries to weddings and vow renewals our onboard team is dedicated to making these occasions magical for our guests.”[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that info! Do you work on DCL?

For the passport question…

You can still sail without one (you’ll need your original state issued Birth Certificate and a photo ID) through the end of 2009. No word on 2010 yet.

I do. :blush: In Celebration.

[QUOTE=BaaBeE9;885968]For the passport question…

You can still sail without one (you’ll need your original state issued Birth Certificate and a photo ID) through the end of 2009. No word on 2010 yet.[/QUOTE]

Really:confused: When I called DCL they said I will need a passport for June and after. hmmmmm… So I can sail in Oct and not have to have a passport??? Do they need the original BC or can it be a copy? What about the kids. I may take the kids with me. Depends if I go with some girls from work:wub:

Closed loop sailings (all Disney cruises in 2009) don’t require a passport.

It has to be the original with the raised seal or stamp from the state. Kids just need the birth certificate. I recommend getting a passport just in case. The wait for one isn’t nearly as bad as it was. Also, if for some reason you need to fly back from your cruise, you’ll need a passport to get back into the country by air.

[QUOTE=BaaBeE9;885973]Closed loop sailings (all Disney cruises in 2009) don’t require a passport.

It has to be the original with the raised seal or stamp from the state. Kids just need the birth certificate. I recommend getting a passport just in case. The wait for one isn’t nearly as bad as it was. Also, if for some reason you need to fly back from your cruise, you’ll need a passport to get back into the country by air.[/QUOTE]

True! Very true!!! I was thinking about the cruise for Sept because it was cheaper and also my daughter,Madison’s bday is in Sept but then I thought about the storms and didnt want to chance it so now Im thinking about March but still undecided.

I have cruised twice in September and had the most wonderful weather each time. This September has been fine so far as well. Don’t let hurricaine season scare you off. September is great for the parks too since everyone just went back to school!

You know you are right! I think I may still do the Sept cruise.
Thanks for all of your help:heart: Have fun in Paris:wub:

My pleasure and thank you! Let me know if you have anymore questions! :mickey:

Go ahead and get your passport. It will be easier in the long run, and you won’t have to worr about it for 10 years (5 for the kids.)

Also, don’t worry about taking a cruise during Hurricane Season. The cruise lines usually still depart, but the itinerary might change a little.

[QUOTE=BaaBeE9;885966]Here is what we received in our updates about your very question… :mickey:

“This promotion is specifically designed for Disneyland and Walt Disney World. Disney Cruise Line already hosts celebrations of this nature during each and every voyage. From birthdays and anniversaries to weddings and vow renewals our onboard team is dedicated to making these occasions magical for our guests.”[/QUOTE]

My DW and I renewed our wedding vows aboard the Wonder on our very first cruise! It was pure magic! They did such a wonderful job, the cake, decorations, the certificate and pins,…pure Disney1 We even had special pins and lanyards waiting for us in our cabin when we first boarded!:happy::happy:

That is so nice! I would love to do that for my 10 year anniversary but there is NO way Ed will go for it:glare:

You just have to work on him!!:laugh::laugh:

You HAVE to do it!! The memory will last a lifetime!!

(So will the porcelin Mickey & Minnie bride and groom statue that was on top of our cake!!:laugh:)

[QUOTE=Amelia’s Man;887291]You just have to work on him!!:laugh::laugh:

You HAVE to do it!! The memory will last a lifetime!!

(So will the porcelin Mickey & Minnie bride and groom statue that was on top of our cake!!:laugh:)[/QUOTE]

I know, I know!!!
He loves to fish. thats all he wants to do is fish so perhaps I will con him by the fact that we are on a boat and maybe I will buy him a new fishing pole to use from the veranda:laugh: